• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Religious Movie Thread

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
I swear, I've tried to start this thread, but it's like parallel universe stuff or something cuz it never happens.

Basically, I want a thread where people link movies that are religious, and other people watch and discuss them.

What usually happens, however, is the entire thread becomes about one movie, basically hijacking the thread to rant about one movie instead of posting links to other movies. But we're not doing that, are we? ARE WE?!? o_O Instead, this is going to be a generalized thread where people provide links to videos.

So as a for example, I saw this movie recently. Feel free to comment but remember, this is a thread where you're encouraged to find movies to post.

The original movie name is "Another Perfect Stranger" in English but somehow this is translated in Arabic (I think) as "Encounter with Jesus."

To take the focus off of Christianity as a whole (the first thing that could go wrong) and to keep people from fixating just on this movie, when I explicitly said Religious Movie Thread, we're gonna have a double feature.

This also has Arabic text. Maybe there is lax copyright overseas?

I have no idea if the text even translates properly. But this is Osamu Tezuka's Buddha.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The old 1966 film "The Bible" but i understand its not as good as the book