• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Reason Many are Resigning from Bush's Cabinet?

The Reason Many are Resigning from Bush's Cabinet?

• Depressed at the thought of four more years.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Personal Issues.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Want Career Change.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Common desire to start a nudist commune. ;)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • The Reasons they Stated.

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
What are the reasons for so many people resigning from Bush's cabinet?

I think that perhaps they disliked Bush's reign, and were continueing to maintain their jobs, secretly hoping that Bush would lose the election. I'm nearly certain that they have different opinions on Bush in private than in public.When Bush won, they might have gotten depressed at the thought of four more years. My opinion anyway.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I don't know their reasons, and frankly, it doesn't matter. It was well known the Colin Powell was only going to serve one term. As for the others, I don't know their personal reasons for leaving. What is interesting to me, and I think everyone needs to be aware of, because it is quite alarming, is the fact that Bush is filling these Cabinet positions with people from his White House Staff. Think about this.... the moderates are all leaving and he is replacing them with loyal followers. How much more power and control is this giving him and Cheney? Scary thought....

Faust

I'll be D*(^%d if I'm going to copy and paste another green post until I figure this dadburn infernal machine out Maize, but I have to say that I truly injoy your short and to the point method on this forum. As you no doubt have noticed, I have not mastered the art of making a point in the minimalist fassion that you are so adroit at. Perhaps it is because I am still, despite all my efforts, so full of myself.
However I do agree that it is beyond our knowledge and may only be a matter of speculation as far as resignations in the Bush administration are concerned.
I do believe that many in this administration have been "good soldiers" and that they feel that their obligation has been fulfilled.
I fear for the future. War is peace, we are creating good jobs that pay half the wages and don't include benefits, bigotry and hate are right minded propositions.
What happened to peace and love? What happened to love thy neighbor? Remove the plank from thine own eye?
Will these far right Volcans press ever further into the firestorm of intolerance and hatred that will undo us all?
But yes, I do go on.
Peace and love,
Faust

Watcher

The Gunslinger
Oh lol.....I could see all who have resigned in the voting booth....."please let kerry win....please please please!!!!"

lousyskater

me and my friends have been discussing whether they're resigning because of personal reasons or that they don't want to be responsible for anything bad that may and will happen in the next 4 years. the nudist colony theory sounds promising though.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
For the same reason so many Americans are applying for Canadian citizenship.
I have never seen such a mean spirited campaign and a man using God as a means to get elected. It makes me ill.

croak

Trickster
Lebanon has enough problems to fill a book,which it already has. ;) Anyways...
I don't know their reasons, and frankly, it doesn't matter. It was well known the Colin Powell was only going to serve one term. As for the others, I don't know their personal reasons for leaving.
I had no idea anyone was planning to resign. Well, if the option was there, I'd say they were fed up of stupid Mr. Bush. :D
Quote: (Originally Posted by HelpMe)
he's done such a good job.they call it burnout.

Please tell me you are not serious.
If HelpMe is serious, I'd.....such a good job??!!!!!! Try living here for once. You know, a lot of or nice, promising university students went to Iraq to stop Mr. Nutso's SWAT:
Stupid War on Terrorism.
Coincedence it's spelled SWAT? :p