• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I just did a fifteen hour flight but 18 hours? Sheeze!

It was fifteen hours to Seoul, Korea. and we also crossed the international date line which it sounds like you will too. There is a fourteen hour time difference. It sucked. I hated it actually. I was there for two weeks. How long will you be where you are going? And where are you going?
China, 2 weeks... last time we went it was a 21 hour flight

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
two-weeks.gif

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Im curious as to how bad I'd be hurting, how tired I would be, if I were treated better at work? Feeling like an afterthought who is fundamentally misunderstood doesn't help the mental aspects of pain. To what extent would I still feel like **** if I felt I belonged?

Shadow Wolf

But the happy news is I'm seeing Phantom Menace in a theater tomorrow as a part of my first time celebrating May 4th.
Darth Maul is why I was regarded by many as the greatest polearm and staff fighter in the LARP game I played. If it wasn't for him I never would have picked those sorts up to start whacking people with them. But I saw how cool that lightsaber fight is when he fights bith Qui Gon and Obi Wan, amd my journey of embracing the dark side I was born into began.:smilingimp:

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
But the happy news is I'm seeing Phantom Menace in a theater tomorrow as a part of my first time celebrating May 4th.
Darth Maul is why I was regarded by many as the greatest polearm and staff fighter in the LARP game I played. If it wasn't for him I never would have picked those sorts up to start whacking people with them. But I saw how cool that lightsaber fight is when he fights bith Qui Gon and Obi Wan, amd my journey of embracing the dark side I was born into began.:smilingimp:
Qui Gon seemed to me like a disappointment. For supposed masters both of them did terribly against a single opponent who had the limitation of coinjoined sabers that could only be grasped in the center. Naturally the handle of those coinjoined sabers prevented motion, until one of the masters helped Darth Maul by cutting the center giving him with 2 independently whirling laser swords. What wisp of the force made them do that? With his limitation finally removed, Maul was able to dominate. Attacking the handle was the dumbest move in saber history.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Qui Gon seemed to me like a disappointment. For supposed masters both of them did terribly against a single opponent who had the limitation of coinjoined sabers that could only be grasped in the center. Naturally the handle of those coinjoined sabers prevented motion, until one of the masters helped Darth Maul by cutting the center giving him with 2 independently whirling laser swords. What wisp of the force made them do that? With his limitation finally removed, Maul was able to dominate. Attacking the handle was the dumbest move in saber history.

Thinking on this, I was considering other match-ups between Jedi and Sith, and it seems that Jedi tend to struggle most of the time when battling the Sith. Obi Wan lost to Vader in the first Star Wars, and Luke barely escaped while losing an arm in Empire Strikes Back. He did a little better against Vader in Return of the Jedi, but still lost and was saved only because Vader had a change of heart.

And as you mention, it took two Jedi to defeat Darth Maul. Yoda and Count Dooku fought to a draw, after Dooku made short work of Anakin and Obi Wan. Mace Windu seemed to be the only one tough enough to defeat Sidious, but got betrayed by Anakin at the last moment. Then Yoda had to flee from Sidious.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course, another Star Wars question which has perplexed me: What, exactly, are "death sticks"?

tumblr_m8062u2haw1qdj4i3o1_250.gif

Shadow Wolf

Actually there's more of a historic basis for Maul's double saber than there is dual wielding swords. Something like a dagger in the off hand happened, two swords seems to be a Hollywood invention (it's begging to get stabbed by a shorter blade that's going to have an easier time penetrating flesh while you have a harder time deflecting it).

Last edited: