• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
It's currently the hottest few days of the year so far with glorious blue skies and no rain.
On Monday it all changes with a dull 75% chance of rain.
Not that it would matter, we are just outside a few minutes of partial eclipse.
Well, I hate to hear that but I especially hate to hear about the rain in the forecast here since local businesses have gone absolutely insane with eclipse fever, apparently.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Just wear your panties, er, underpants and are 'panties' cuter than 'underpants' anyway?

x5trk8y25ssc1.png

My panties are cuter :flushed:.

That happened to hubby many years ago. He's circumsised so not foreskin but his glans. Very painful methinks

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Its windy and a bit chilly where i be…. But it ain’t NYS so its a good place to be

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

The Origins of 11 Funny Animal-Related Sayings

1. Doggie Bag
  2. When Pigs Fly
  3. Busy As a Bee
  4. Wild Goose Chase
  5. As Happy as a Clam
  6. Black Sheep
  7. Cat Got Your Tongue?
  8. In the Doghouse
  9. Red Herring
  10. Swan Song
  11. The Bee’s Knees
  12. Read More About Animals:

When Pigs Fly​

Various iterations of sayings about piggies flying have existed for centuries. It’s believed that the first use of a flying pig comment (in appropriate sassy and disbelieving context) appeared in John Withals’s 1616 English-Latin dictionary, A Shorte Dictonarie for Yonge Begynners. The dictionary included a list of proverbs, which included “pigs fly in the ayre with their tayles forward.”

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
As we all know, when the sun sets, it descends into the Yellow Sea. This is why the sun appears to set in the west to observers located in Korea and Japan and farther on. It also explains why the sun appears to set in the east to observers in mainland China and India and farther on. Heheheh. :p

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
As we all know, when the sun sets, it descends into the Yellow Sea. This is why the sun appears to set in the west to observers located in Korea and Japan and farther on. It also explains why the sun appears to set in the east to observers in mainland China and India and farther on. Heheheh. :p

The sun sets behind the Tucson Mountains, then on to the Pacific. Then it stops off in Hawaii briefly on its way to Japan.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Mornings are evil.

I like mornings, early there is no one about, it's good to sit out with a nice coffee and listen to the sounds of the forest.

Sets me up for the day, for the chores, which psyches me up for another coffee.

Ohhh, you don't like coffee do you??? Mornings must be horrendous