• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Though they don't have bears at Civil War re-enactments.

Although I did see someone relate an account of how they were participating in a re-enactment of Pickett's Charge, and someone answered their cellphone while marching. They're traditionally supposed to stay in character the whole time (even when it comes to cooking, eating, sleeping, telling stories around the campfire, etc.). And some guy pulls out his cellphone in the middle of the charge.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Though they don't have bears at Civil War re-enactments.

Although I did see someone relate an account of how they were participating in a re-enactment of Pickett's Charge, and someone answered their cellphone while marching. They're traditionally supposed to stay in character the whole time (even when it comes to cooking, eating, sleeping, telling stories around the campfire, etc.). And some guy pulls out his cellphone in the middle of the charge.

Bear are seriously underrepresented in such things... could be because bears have a tendency to stay out of such things when they actually occur

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
525a3dd9b3e1206ad38bb34755849a5f.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
My grandmothers nickname was Fanny, her real name was Fay, i never got out of her why she was called Fanny.
She did refer to her genitals as her tuppence which i discovered thats how much a girl could get for prostituting during the early 1900s
I don't remember if my grandma's name was Ruth or Patricia. People called her both.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Abraham Lincoln was bigger than a bear. He was so big he had to study law in a basement by candlelight.

Or was it law by candlelight in a basement? I suppose the law books were not very flammable.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It was a pleasant frustration at work tonight. I got ti stab people my whole shift, which I enjoy for a few reasons, one being you have to take your time, they take longer and time goes by quicker. And it's stabbing people and occasionally feeling their warm blood spray against my flesh (through gloves and a tube).
But damn I really just do not get help with what I'm doing. 8 of the 12 beds needed stabbed. Any other time there's 2 or 3 others neglecting what they're supposed to be doing to go to stab people. Not then. One guy wasn't happy he waited over an hour. I couldn't blame him. I was having to put up sets and do the stick, amd the machine before him was giving me hella problems getting set. And get labels and spike bags. I do all that and more when I'm on sets. Lots of times I do both sets and disconnects.
It's no surprise seeing the center where I grew up as the top central region center. They very likely don't get to wonder and chat like they do here. Even the donors don't allow me to say they don't work me too hard (and then I explain where I've been).

Last edited: