• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I grew up in southern California, and lived in L.A. for ten years. I think it has to do with being exposed to so much diversity all the time; all different kinds of people and a general attitude of tolerance prevails (for the most part). When you live in the city, if you gawked at anything different, you'd be gawking all day--so people don't.
I was talking to a lady in Fresno today, and the diversity she said she believes is a reason. But even in the smaller towns its so much "nobody cares" that theres gotta be more to it than nobody standing out in LA because everybody stands out.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I went to Fresno to drive today. Other than crap roads that reminded me of Indiana, I really enjoyed being there. Had to stomp on the toes of an *******, but it didnt have the problem of stupid pedestrians like Bakersield, no token "have a blessed day" that is commonly heard in the South SJ Valley, the pay is better and the minimum pay recieved is 3 rather than 2.63, and my first Fresno passanger was a trans-woman who had some awesome tattoos on her arms. And I stayed busy the whole time and had a good payout at the end of the day.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm toying with the idea of selling my 2DS XL to a local friend at a break-even price. Modern games aren't doing it for me like the likes of Final Fantasy VII, Sonic 1-3, Sonic Adventure, Crash Bandicoot, Mega Man, etc did. Unfortunately. So while the system is awesome, eventually I have to succumb to my personal tastes.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
All of you born in the 80's have no idea how much fun life was in the good old days when we hunted mastodons with spears.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
ff56167069090137a0d7005056a9545d

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
The first video game I ever played was Pac-Man at age 5 at an arcade. That Christmas, I got a Super Nintendo with Street Fighter and Super Mario. A friend had a Sega Genesis and I much preferred that and the game Sonic the Hedgehog, and ached for one - thing is, I was never really given a choice of which console. Nevertheless, over time I have gotten the chance to finish all three Genesis Sonic the Hedgehog games. It'd be difficult not to given the number of platforms it has been on now.

I did play a little 32X and Virtual Boy, but my next big advancement was working hard and mowing lawns and getting both a PS1 and Nintendo 64. Nintendo 64 had rich, colorful, deep games like Zelda. PS1 had cool, sophisticated FMW games like Road Rash.

I bought a Gameboy Advance and got 5 whole years of use out of it. Best system I've owned. Considering the launch price was I believe $100. Really not bad.

Somewhere around that time, perhaps before, came the Dreamcast. I was very happy with it and logged probably 120 hours in Sonic Adventure and 100 hours in Sonic Adventure 2 over time. 60 hours in Soul Calibur. I went through two or three Dreamcasts as they kept wearing out - the fans would stop working.

Later on came the PS2, GameCube and XBox. This is when gaming got a little confusing for me. I bought a GameCube and enjoyed Mario Kart, then bought an XBox and enjoyed the revolutionary-for-its-time game that was Halo CE. I enjoyed XBox more, but questioned whether I should have got a PS2. My GameCube mostly collected dust. Even Zelda Wind Waker was very repetitive in some aspects.

Between the PS3 and 360, I decided on the 360. At this point, gaming became confusing for me. I could no longer play any new Sonics as they were all poor quality. Halo 3 had so many different grenades it left me confused. Loading times and game lag seemed to increase.

I've owned many of the new systems, even if as a sort of rental, and can't get into them. Final Fantasy XV wasn't fun to me. Monster Hunter World played like a game disc you would get in a McDonald's happy meal, to be honest. Tekken 7 was cool but underwhelming. Gone are the days where games were all about timing. They are now about mandatory 2-hour tutorials, long cinematics, patches, microtransactions, and always-online requirements.

So... I'm announcing that on occasion, I make long posts.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
One of my favorite TV series

Btw...unlike her I would have told him " I bet you are a god in bed too" :p:yum:

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The first video game I ever played was Pac-Man at age 5 at an arcade.
Mine was Castlevania 1 and 2, Mario 1 and 2, the first two Zeldas, and Metroid. I remember fondly how amazing Mario 3 was when it came out, and how much more awesome the SNES made them all. I'm still to this day disappointed the SNES only got 1 Zelda title. But at least the one it got is one of the best. The Playstations really are better (with better exclusives that arent also on PC). And as for Sonic,Team Sonic has formally appologized over the horrible quality and direction they took Sonic.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Mine was Castlevania 1 and 2, Mario 1 and 2, the first two Zeldas, and Metroid. I remember fondly how amazing Mario 3 was when it came out, and how much more awesome the SNES made them all. I'm still to this day disappointed the SNES only got 1 Zelda title. But at least the one it got is one of the best.

If you happen to own a DS, you should maybe try a game that I believe is called Zelda Spirit Tracks. What I liked about this game is that they focused on only a few features and tried to perfect them. Whereas on some occasions, not always, the newer Zelda games can be neither here nor there.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
All of you born in the 80's have no idea how much fun life was in the good old days when we hunted mastodons with spears.
You had spears? All we had was rocks! We'd have to run up in front of them, then hurl the largest rock we could at 'em, right between the eyes!

It would take us DAYS to bring one down...they'd get such a headache that they'd just keel over and die...eventually....