• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And still, what is it with Black Panther being said to he the first black super hero in a movie? No one has explained this to me, and yes it does need explaining because he factually was not the first black super hero in a movie.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Well.... I'm out of an attack post that shows no possibility of being anything but a fight. Should not have got in it at all... but I just needed to point out what it actually...certainly not what it was advertised as being my post name

Wu Wei

And still, what is it with Black Panther being said to he the first black super hero in a movie? No one has explained this to me, and yes it does need explaining because he factually was not the first black super hero in a movie.

Well, Cat woman most certainly doesn’t count because she was a super villain

But apparently Hancock, Blade, Spawn, Steel and Meteor man don’t count either

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But she's the most important! It's an important lesson as well, because we keep saying she has a beaver even though it's revealed it might just be a porcupine. Or, one @Revoltingest is familiar with, how Principal Skinner is not actually Principal Skinner and everyone just pretends he is.
Why do people do that?
We don't speak of that episode.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Is that his real name? I've just remember seeing something and feeling like I don't think we were meant to ever see that. But we did. And now we can't unsee it.
Have some bacon to recover from this hellish nightmare.
BTW, after seeing last Sunday's Simpson, I now say that
it's time to retire the series. Humorless & preachy it was.

Wu Wei

Have some bacon to recover from this hellish nightmare.
BTW, after seeing last Sunday's Simpson, I now say that
it's time to retire the series. Humorless & preachy it was.

Bacon will only make it worse.....

And sadly...the Simpsons are past their time

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
danquayle1-2x.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

This is worth a thread of its own.

The Swiss have strict rules for who can get a gun, and take firearm training very seriously.

In addition to the militia's arms, the country has about 2 million privately owned guns — a figure that has been plummeting over the past decade.
Gun sellers follow strict licensing procedures.
Gun owners who want to carry their weapon for "defensive purposes" also have to prove they can properly load, unload, and shoot their weapon and must pass a test to get a license.
Switzerland still has one of the highest rates of gun violence in Europe, and suicides account for most gun deaths in the country.
Concealed-carry permits are tough to get in Switzerland, and most people who aren't security workers or police officers don't have one.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What is the largest city in the world? Measured by population and area. (msn.com)

1. Tokyo, Japan - 37,435,191 people
  2. Delhi, India - 29,399,141 people
  3. Shanghai, China - 26,317,104 people
  4. São Paulo, Brazil - 21,846,507 people
  5. Mexico City, Mexico - 21,671,908 people
  6. Cairo, Egypt - 20,484,965 people
  7. Dhaka, Bangladesh - 20,283,552 people
  8. Mumbai, India - 20,185,064 people
  9. Beijing, China - 20,035,455 people
  10. Osaka, Japan - 19,222,665 people

What is the largest city in the world by area?
Unlike measuring population, determining the largest city in the world by area is a less straight-forward exercise. Each country has its own definition of what constitutes a city, making a standard measurement for the largest city by area harder to determine. For example, the World Population Review says the city of Sermersooq in Greenland is, by their standard of measurement for a city, over 205,400 square miles for a population of 23,123 people.

A city in Greenland is larger in area than the state of California.

To combat the inconsistency across countries, Demographia created a standardization to measure cities called Urban Area that factors population density in determining the area of cities. In using Urban Area as a form of measurement, it groups cities and areas together, so the top 10 largest cities by area are not the individual cities themselves but rather groups of cities within proximity as determined by Demographia.

According to the World Populations Review, based off reports from Demographia, the top 10 largest cities in terms of square miles:

1. New York-Newark - 4,669
  2. Boston-Providence - 3,683
  3. Tokyo-Yokohama - 3,178
  4. Atlanta - 2,857
  5. Chicago - 2,705
  6. Los Angeles - 2,452
  7. Moscow - 2,274
  8. Washington-Baltimore - 2,124
  9. Philadelphia - 2,096
  10. Dallas-Fort Worth - 2,038

Wu Wei

What is the largest city in the world? Measured by population and area. (msn.com)

1. Tokyo, Japan - 37,435,191 people
  2. Delhi, India - 29,399,141 people
  3. Shanghai, China - 26,317,104 people
  4. São Paulo, Brazil - 21,846,507 people
  5. Mexico City, Mexico - 21,671,908 people
  6. Cairo, Egypt - 20,484,965 people
  7. Dhaka, Bangladesh - 20,283,552 people
  8. Mumbai, India - 20,185,064 people
  9. Beijing, China - 20,035,455 people
  10. Osaka, Japan - 19,222,665 people

A city in Greenland is larger in area than the state of California.

1. New York-Newark - 4,669
  2. Boston-Providence - 3,683
  3. Tokyo-Yokohama - 3,178
  4. Atlanta - 2,857
  5. Chicago - 2,705
  6. Los Angeles - 2,452
  7. Moscow - 2,274
  8. Washington-Baltimore - 2,124
  9. Philadelphia - 2,096
  10. Dallas-Fort Worth - 2,038

I can attest that Beijing is Big.... and you know what else.... a lot of them speak Mandarin too

Wu Wei

This is worth a thread of its own.

The Swiss have strict rules for who can get a gun, and take firearm training very seriously.

In addition to the militia's arms, the country has about 2 million privately owned guns — a figure that has been plummeting over the past decade.
Gun sellers follow strict licensing procedures.
Gun owners who want to carry their weapon for "defensive purposes" also have to prove they can properly load, unload, and shoot their weapon and must pass a test to get a license.
Switzerland still has one of the highest rates of gun violence in Europe, and suicides account for most gun deaths in the country.
Concealed-carry permits are tough to get in Switzerland, and most people who aren't security workers or police officers don't have one.

Feel free to make it one if you like