• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
By "Indiscrete math" you might refer to The Calculus of Variation, but it is a different lecture only tangentially related. I've had that one, too. Then comes Differential Equations. How do they come up with these names?

Mathematicians invent them to mske their skill at adding up seem more complex

ChristineM

Premium Member
This morning i was following a truck into Sarlat. The tailgate was emblazoned with the company name. Under which was the message

l'un d'une flotte de véhicules hybrides
40% Gasoil - 60% Impôts

In English
One of a fleet of hybrid vehicles.
40% Diesel - 60% Taxes.
What is fuel tax where you live?

Last edited:

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
This morning i was following a truck into Sarlat. The tailgate was emblazoned with the company name. Under which was the message

40% Gasoil - 60% Impôts

In English
40% Diesel - 60% Taxes​
[/QUOTE] In short: American cars don't follow dump trucks, American cars simply pass the dump truck!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
After changing my cars master cylinder, I got stuck with hella stubborn air in the system. So I took it to a shop. And wow I can tell a major huge difference between actual bleeding equipment and a traditional home bleeding methods. They also found the front shocks are bad, explaining the vibration every other mechanic explained as high mileage. And gave me bad news the drum brakes need replaced.
Racist!
You're not supposed to use the terms "master" or "slave"
anymore. Snowflakes are triggered by them.
Tech terms face scrutiny amid anti-racism efforts

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

40% Gasoil - 60% Impôts

In English
40% Diesel - 60% Taxes.
What is fuel tax where you live?
About 5% in Michigan for gasoline.
About 4% for diesel.

ChristineM

Premium Member
@Stonetree not a dump truck but what you would call an 18 wheeler. And the 6km stretch of narrow, twisty forest road kind of prevents anyone taking their life in their hands to pass anything bigger than a bicycle

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
It has been lately. But it's high mileage and cheaper than a new car.

It's not cheaper than a new car if you are continually paying to repair it at the same or greater than a monthly payment...this cost also includes lost time and your labor

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
The oldest just bought himself a new SUV hybrid..... and I had to give him nothing to do it.....

Cameo-Dodgeball-640x360.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's not cheaper than a new car if you are continually paying to repair it at the same or greater than a monthly payment...this cost also includes lost time and your labor
The repairs are generally very cheap, lower than what my car's monthly payment was. Plus my insurance would also cost way more if I take a loan out for a new car (after my second wreck I have bare bones minimum coverage and started using nicotine again).

ChristineM

Premium Member
If I had a genie, one of my wishes would be making people stop whining and complaining about such first world problems.

Thats one...

Choose wish 2 carefully

And for wish 3 "i wish that every wish i make in the future comes true"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If I had a genie, one of my wishes would be making people stop whining and complaining about such first world problems.
When I was a licensed real estate broker, we were
briefly prohibited from saying "master bedroom".
Also prohibited because someone might be offended,
creating a fair housing law violation...
- "Walk in closet"
- "Great view"
- "Family room"