• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
56ad0980986001380cba005056a9545d

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Lol, non shouldn't laugh but...

Reminds me of my grandmother and a family story often recounted in her memory.

Many years ago she was spending Christmas at her newly married sons house (mothers brother).

They had a newly installed shower over bath (no room for a separate shower). The bathroom contained the bath (with shower) a hand basin and a WC with high cistern and about 3 square feet to move around in.

Gran wanted to try a shower never having used one before. I should mention here she was slightly (hugely) overweight.

She stood in the shower, turned it on, slipped, grabbed the water feed pipe to steady herself, ripped it from the wall and tore the connection apart spraying water into the air. She reached out to the chain dangling from the toilet cistern and tore the whole unit off the wall, it spun across the bathroom, the feed pipe spewing more water. The ceramic cistern hit the ceramic sink unit, both of which exploded in a cloud of pot shards one of which burst the hot water pipe, more water cascading.

She tumbled over the edge of the bath, landed head first in the small foot well. Legs flailing in the air and lady bits fully exposed howling with laughter.

Luckily the door opened outwardly, imagine the devastation that greeted my uncle as he opened the door to see what the fuss was about.
well...my experience was not nearly as entertaining...and certainly would not have made a good scene in a slapstick movie...

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
This is more my style

green-and-blacks-85.jpg

But Mrs Wu's favorite
61GmXKmLFxL._SL1500_.jpg

I've tried it, and it is to manly for me

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's too bad that the number of Android tablet companies are so small. I'm still hanging on to my dying Google one.

Me to, nexus 7, 2013. The kids think its hilarious.

I will admit to upgrading it to a Samsung 10 in thing that worked wonderfully until i sat on it. Bony bum doesn't do screens much good and when they crack the thing doesn't work anymore.

So back to the nexus

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

I will admit to upgrading it to a Samsung 10 in thing that worked wonderfully until i sat on it. Bony bum doesn't do screens much good and when they crack the thing doesn't work anymore.

So back to the nexus
My Samsung S8 Active, which Ive only had for a few montys, I was, and still, pretty happy as its the most up to date technology Ive ever had like this, yet already its obsolete enough to not be getting Android 10.:rage:

ChristineM

Premium Member
My Samsung S8 Active, which Ive only had for a few montys, I was, and still, pretty happy as its the most up to date technology Ive ever had like this, yet already its obsolete enough to not be getting Android 10.:rage:

You think you have troubles,spare a thought for the designers and developers. By the time they have finished a product technology has advanced so so much that they are left behind on the scrap heap or have to spend years retraining to catch up

ChristineM

Premium Member

Android 10... Wow, my nexus nexus runs 6

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

So back to the nexus
I had a nexus 7 until I accidentally put it in a pile of paper and it went into the blue recycle bin. I've not done that stupid trick again.