• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I bought another book about Stalin dirt cheap today and ordered the second part online; should come within the week.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
2001? The focus is obvious. To me:

Bowman: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
HAL 9000: I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

And what was true in 2001 is still painfully true today:

Bowman: You know of course though he's right about the 9000 series having a perfect operational record. They do.
Poole: Unfortunately that sounds a little like famous last words.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Its wood stolen from beaver dams, probably.

But a beaver is not a gopher...... did the gopher store his wood on a beaver dam....and there are no gophers or beavers in the middle east, never where... ok so you expect me to believe, Eurasian Beavers migrated to wherever Noah was in the middle east, and built dams...then gophers, who are indigenous to north America, crossed the seas and stored their wood there...... nope...not buying it.....

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
But a beaver is not a gopher...... did the gopher store his wood on a beaver dam....and there are no gophers or beavers in the middle east, never where... ok so you expect me to believe, Eurasian Beavers migrated to wherever Noah was in the middle east, and built dams...then gophers, who are indigenous to north America, crossed the seas and stored their wood there...... nope...not buying it.....
I understand your confusion. Its gopherwood not gopher's wood. Its kind of like gopherpizza is not gopher's pizza.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I understand your confusion. Its gopherwood not gopher's wood. Its kind of like gopherpizza is not gopher's pizza.

Which leads me right back to...what the heck is gopherwood..... you know it is still raining here, and I may need a whole lot of it real soon.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I had a robocalling credit card interest rate dummy hang up on me when he asked how I'm doing to this morning, and I replied "not happy because you keep calling even though I don't have any...." *click*