• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Why don't we ever get the really cool stuff here in America? Here is the latest cool thing I just learned of that Europeans get, but not us on the other side of the Atlantic Pond.
sc_-_foti____12inch_vinyl_mit_cd_ansicht_shop_.jpg
The shade of blue on vinyl alone is awesome, on top of it being awesome that the album titled is derived from one of the actions Vlad Dracul III took against his Turkish oppressors. Other people get fascinated by serial killers. Not me, I get my kicks by learning about the medieval Wallachian Viovode, the pre-Machiavelli Machiavellian Prince who's brutality and blood lust are in a league of his own, and so cruel and such a sadist that he makes Hitler look nice. When Hitler killed, he tried to do it quickly and efficiently. Not Vlad. He wielded fear as a weapon as ordinary soldiers wield a sword, and made his victims suffer, with it not being uncommon for death to take days due to the methods he used, such as dipping the feet of thieves in honey and letting a goat lick the honey off, cutting off the breasts of adulterous women, and his favorite method, impalement, which legend holds he got so good at it he could make people live for days on a stake before they died. Tell him you don't like the smell? He'd put you on a higher stake above the rest. Not that I'd want him as a leader though, because in terms of religious extremism he makes ISIS look like the friendly neighborhood blokes down the road, and he was one of the few eager to take up the banner of the Cross during the last rounds of the Crusades. And because there are few historical artifacts that survive regarding his rule--most of which comes from Hungarian and German sources--there isn't really that much known about him and historians often have very conflicting views of his history. But one thing he did definitely do, as it was recorded in Hungary, was behead a Hungarian guard (the story goes he actually had to jump to do it because Vlad apparently was on the short side) who came into his house to look for a thief, and Vlad told him to get out because he is invading his castle. When question by Hungarian authorities, Vlad said it was not murder but rather suicide because he would not leave Vlad's castle, which was actually more-or-less a guest home given to him because Vlad was in exile at the time and the Hungarians basically used him as a 300 pound, 3-headed guard dog they could threaten to unleash on people, especially the Turks, who knew Vlad as Kaziklu Bey, meaning the "Impaler Prince." The Hungarians had the most dreadful and fear-inspiring warrior on a leash, and they knew it, and knew that they were pretty much his only allies at that point. Interestingly, the bloodline of Vlad tie into the bloodline of Erzebet Bathory as a distant relative.
Y'all are welcome for the history lesson and the picture of a sweet looking album cover and gorgeous cobalt blue vinyl.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Last nite I bought new rims & tires for a trailer.
Discount Tire Direct had a Memorial Day deal.
The Carlisle ST235/85/R16 128L F1 BSB Is a great tire.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't remember ever wrecking a tire, but now that I had bought four new tires at almost seven hundred dollars, I wrecked one. And, I have to blame the garage guy just a little for saying that I should not wait until before winter to have them done. If I had waited because the tires were not so awful bad, I would have wrecked the old one. The tire was less than one month old.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't remember ever wrecking a tire, but now that I had bought four new tires at almost seven hundred dollars, I wrecked one. And, I have to blame the garage guy just a little for saying that I should not wait until before winter to have them done. If I had waited because the tires were not so awful bad, I would have wrecked the old one. The tire was less than one month old.
You win. I wrecked one that was 2-3 months old a couple of years ago by driving it into a parking curb on the side. It was the third tire issue I had, two others with nails in them, and the car dealer looked at me funny as I explained that only one was a stupid mistake on my part.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
It rained today...so I did not have to water the grass seed....but I will be mowing this weekend......

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm catching up on Last Week Tonight and Real Time. And, well, Trump trying to sue Maher over the orangutan thing was brought up again. Pen Jillette was on the show though, looking good, and almost unrecognizable with a ton of weight loss and a hair cut.