• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Quran's framework for hell.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

First principle, endless lives or a second chance won't reform a soul

I will do good, mere word

لَعَلِّي أَعْمَلُ صَالِحًا فِيمَا تَرَكْتُ ۚ كَلَّا ۚ إِنَّهَا كَلِمَةٌ هُوَ قَائِلُهَا ۖ وَمِنْ وَرَائِهِمْ بَرْزَخٌ إِلَىٰ يَوْمِ يُبْعَثُونَ | that I may act righteously in what I have left behind.’ ‘By no means! These are mere words that he says.’ And before them is a barrier until the day they will be resurrected. | Al-Muminoon : 100

They are liars now and won't be able to fulfill their pledge

وَلَوْ تَرَىٰ إِذْ وُقِفُوا عَلَى النَّارِ فَقَالُوا يَا لَيْتَنَا نُرَدُّ وَلَا نُكَذِّبَ بِآيَاتِ رَبِّنَا وَنَكُونَ مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ | Were you to see when they are brought to a halt by the Fire, whereupon they will say, ‘If only we were sent back [into the world]! Then we will not deny the signs of our Lord, and we will be among the faithful!’ | Al-An'aam : 27

بَلْ بَدَا لَهُمْ مَا كَانُوا يُخْفُونَ مِنْ قَبْلُ ۖ وَلَوْ رُدُّوا لَعَادُوا لِمَا نُهُوا عَنْهُ وَإِنَّهُمْ لَكَاذِبُونَ | Indeed, what they used to hide before has now become evident to them. But were they to be sent back they would revert to what they were forbidden, and they are indeed liars. | Al-An'aam : 28

Broke promise once, will break promise again

وَأَنْذِرِ النَّاسَ يَوْمَ يَأْتِيهِمُ الْعَذَابُ فَيَقُولُ الَّذِينَ ظَلَمُوا رَبَّنَا أَخِّرْنَا إِلَىٰ أَجَلٍ قَرِيبٍ نُجِبْ دَعْوَتَكَ وَنَتَّبِعِ الرُّسُلَ ۗ أَوَلَمْ تَكُونُوا أَقْسَمْتُمْ مِنْ قَبْلُ مَا لَكُمْ مِنْ زَوَالٍ | Warn the people of the day when the punishment will overtake them, whereat the wrongdoers will say, ‘Our Lord! Respite us for a short time so that we may respond to Your call and follow the apostles.’ [They will be told,] ‘Did you not swear earlier? There is no possibility of reverse for you, | Ibrahim : 44

Second principle, evil and good can't be equated nor dealt with God in the same way

أَمْ نَجْعَلُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ كَالْمُفْسِدِينَ فِي الْأَرْضِ أَمْ نَجْعَلُ الْمُتَّقِينَ كَالْفُجَّارِ | Shall We treat those who have faith and do deeds that set aright like those who cause havoc on the earth? Shall We treat the guarding like the vicious? | Saad : 28

أَفَمَنْ كَانَ مُؤْمِنًا كَمَنْ كَانَ فَاسِقًا ۚ لَا يَسْتَوُونَ | Is someone who is faithful like someone who is a transgressor? They are not equal. | As-Sajda : 18

وَمَا يَسْتَوِي الْأَعْمَىٰ وَالْبَصِيرُ | The blind one and the seer are not equal, | Faatir : 19

وَلَا الظُّلُمَاتُ وَلَا النُّورُ | nor darkness and light; | Faatir : 20

Third Principle, God is Forgiving yet Severe in Punishment

نَبِّئْ عِبَادِي أَنِّي أَنَا الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ | Inform my servants that I am indeed the All-forgiving, the All-merciful, | Al-Hijr : 49
وَأَنَّ عَذَابِي هُوَ الْعَذَابُ الْأَلِيمُ | and that My punishment: it is the painful punishment. | Al-Hijr : 50

غَافِرِ الذَّنْبِ وَقَابِلِ التَّوْبِ شَدِيدِ الْعِقَابِ ذِي الطَّوْلِ ۖ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ ۖ إِلَيْهِ الْمَصِيرُ | forgiver of sins and acceptor of repentance, severe in retribution, [yet] all-bountiful; there is no god except Him, [and] toward Him is the destination. | Al-Ghaafir : 3

وَيَسْتَعْجِلُونَكَ بِالسَّيِّئَةِ قَبْلَ الْحَسَنَةِ وَقَدْ خَلَتْ مِنْ قَبْلِهِمُ الْمَثُلَاتُ ۗ وَإِنَّ رَبَّكَ لَذُو مَغْفِرَةٍ لِلنَّاسِ عَلَىٰ ظُلْمِهِمْ ۖ وَإِنَّ رَبَّكَ لَشَدِيدُ الْعِقَابِ | They would press you for evil sooner than for good, though there have already gone by before them exemplary punishments. Indeed your Lord is forgiving to mankind despite their wrongdoing, and indeed your Lord is severe in retribution. | Ar-Ra'd : 6

Fourth Principle: God is trying to save us but can't do the impossible

كَيْفَ يَهْدِي اللَّهُ قَوْمًا كَفَرُوا بَعْدَ إِيمَانِهِمْ وَشَهِدُوا أَنَّ الرَّسُولَ حَقٌّ وَجَاءَهُمُ الْبَيِّنَاتُ ۚ وَاللَّهُ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِينَ | How shall Allah guide a people who have disbelieved after their faith and [after] bearing witness that the Apostle is true, and [after] manifest proofs had come to them? Allah does not guide the wrongdoing lot. | Aal-i-Imraan : 86

قَالُوا أَوَلَمْ تَكُ تَأْتِيكُمْ رُسُلُكُمْ بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ ۖ قَالُوا بَلَىٰ ۚ قَالُوا فَادْعُوا ۗ وَمَا دُعَاءُ الْكَافِرِينَ إِلَّا فِي ضَلَالٍ | They will say, ‘Had not your apostles brought you manifest proofs?’ They will say, ‘Yes.’ They will say, ‘Then invoke [Him] yourselves.’ But the invocations of the faithless are only in misguidance. | Al-Ghaafir : 50

وَمَنْ كَانَ فِي هَٰذِهِ أَعْمَىٰ فَهُوَ فِي الْآخِرَةِ أَعْمَىٰ وَأَضَلُّ سَبِيلًا |And whoever has been blind in this [world], will be blind in the Hereafter, and [even] more astray from the

way. | Al-Israa : 72

وَلَقَدْ صَرَّفْنَا فِي هَٰذَا الْقُرْآنِ لِيَذَّكَّرُوا وَمَا يَزِيدُهُمْ إِلَّا نُفُورًا | Certainly We have variously paraphrased [the principles of guidance] in this Quran so that they may take admonition, but it increases them only in aversion. | Al-Israa : 41

وَلَقَدْ صَرَّفْنَا فِي هَٰذَا الْقُرْآنِ لِلنَّاسِ مِنْ كُلِّ مَثَلٍ ۚ وَكَانَ الْإِنْسَانُ أَكْثَرَ شَيْءٍ جَدَلًا | We have certainly interspersed this Quran with every kind of parable for the people. But man is the most disputatious of all things. | Al-Kahf : 54

Fifth Principle: It's a fallen world to test us regarding who is best in conduct

فَقُلْنَا يَا آدَمُ إِنَّ هَٰذَا عَدُوٌّ لَكَ وَلِزَوْجِكَ فَلَا يُخْرِجَنَّكُمَا مِنَ الْجَنَّةِ فَتَشْقَىٰ | We said, ‘O Adam! This is indeed an enemy of yours and your mate’s. So do not let him expel you from paradise, or you will be miserable. | Taa-Haa : 117

إِنَّ لَكَ أَلَّا تَجُوعَ فِيهَا وَلَا تَعْرَىٰ | You will neither be hungry in it nor naked. | Taa-Haa : 118

وَأَنَّكَ لَا تَظْمَأُ فِيهَا وَلَا تَضْحَىٰ | You will neither be thirsty in it, nor suffer from [the heat of] the sun.’ | Taa-Haa : 119

فَوَسْوَسَ إِلَيْهِ الشَّيْطَانُ قَالَ يَا آدَمُ هَلْ أَدُلُّكَ عَلَىٰ شَجَرَةِ الْخُلْدِ وَمُلْكٍ لَا يَبْلَىٰ | Then Satan tempted him. He said, ‘O Adam! Shall I show you the tree of immortality, and an imperishable authority?’ | Taa-Haa : 120

قُلْنَا اهْبِطُوا مِنْهَا جَمِيعًا ۖ فَإِمَّا يَأْتِيَنَّكُمْ مِنِّي هُدًى فَمَنْ تَبِعَ هُدَايَ فَلَا خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ | We said, ‘Get down from it, all together! Yet, should any guidance come to you from Me, those who follow My guidance shall have no fear, nor shall they grieve. | Al-Baqara : 38

الَّذِي خَلَقَ الْمَوْتَ وَالْحَيَاةَ لِيَبْلُوَكُمْ أَيُّكُمْ أَحْسَنُ عَمَلًا ۚ وَهُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الْغَفُورُ | He, who created death and life that He may test you [to see] which of you is best in conduct. And He is the All-mighty, the All-forgiving. | Al-Mulk : 2

Sixth Principle: All that was required was to only Worship God without worshiping Iblis (knowingly or uknowingly)

إِلَّا عِبَادَكَ مِنْهُمُ الْمُخْلَصِينَ | except Your dedicated servants among them.’ | Al-Hijr : 40

قَالَ هَٰذَا صِرَاطٌ عَلَيَّ مُسْتَقِيمٌ | He said, ‘This is the path [leading] straight to Me. | Al-Hijr : 41

إِنَّ عِبَادِي لَيْسَ لَكَ عَلَيْهِمْ سُلْطَانٌ إِلَّا مَنِ اتَّبَعَكَ مِنَ الْغَاوِينَ | Indeed, as for My servants you do not have any authority over them, except the perverse who follow you, | Al-Hijr : 42

أَلَمْ أَعْهَدْ إِلَيْكُمْ يَا بَنِي آدَمَ أَنْ لَا تَعْبُدُوا الشَّيْطَانَ ۖ إِنَّهُ لَكُمْ عَدُوٌّ مُبِينٌ | ‘Did I not exhort you, O children of Adam, saying, “Do not worship Satan. He is indeed your manifest enemy. | Yaseen : 60

وَأَنِ اعْبُدُونِي ۚ هَٰذَا صِرَاطٌ مُسْتَقِيمٌ | And worship Me. That is a straight path”? | Yaseen : 61

وَلَقَدْ أَضَلَّ مِنْكُمْ جِبِلًّا كَثِيرًا ۖ أَفَلَمْ تَكُونُوا تَعْقِلُونَ | Certainly, he has led astray many of your generations. Have you not exercised your reason? | Yaseen : 62

هَٰذِهِ جَهَنَّمُ الَّتِي كُنْتُمْ تُوعَدُونَ | This is the hell you had been promised! | Yaseen : 63

إِنَّهُ لَيْسَ لَهُ سُلْطَانٌ عَلَى الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَلَىٰ رَبِّهِمْ يَتَوَكَّلُونَ | Indeed he does not have any authority over those who have faith and put their trust in their Lord. | An-Nahl : 99

إِنَّمَا سُلْطَانُهُ عَلَى الَّذِينَ يَتَوَلَّوْنَهُ وَالَّذِينَ هُمْ بِهِ مُشْرِكُونَ | His authority is only over those who befriend him and those who make him a partner [of Allah]. | An-Nahl : 100

Seventh Principle: Avoiding of these four would have lead to the right path and hell would have been avoided

مَا سَلَكَكُمْ فِي سَقَرَ | ‘What drew you into Hell?’ | Al-Muddaththir : 42

قَالُوا لَمْ نَكُ مِنَ الْمُصَلِّينَ | They will answer, ‘We were not among those who prayed/connected. | Al-Muddaththir : 43

وَلَمْ نَكُ نُطْعِمُ الْمِسْكِينَ | Nor did we feed the poor. | Al-Muddaththir : 44

وَكُنَّا نَخُوضُ مَعَ الْخَائِضِينَ | And We used to indulge in vain speech along with the vain talkers, | Al-Muddaththir : 45

وَكُنَّا نُكَذِّبُ بِيَوْمِ الدِّينِ | And we used to deny the Day of Retribution | Al-Muddaththir : 46

My comment: There is a lot more to the framework, I will be adding but this good to start with.​

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Eighth Principle: Using your mind or hearing properly would both lead to paradise and away from hell

وَقَالُوا لَوْ كُنَّا نَسْمَعُ أَوْ نَعْقِلُ مَا كُنَّا فِي أَصْحَابِ السَّعِيرِ | And they will say, ‘Had we listened or applied reason, we would not have been among inmates of the Blaze.’ | Al-Mulk : 10

Ninth Principle: Have some significant goodness in you will make you hear and God deafens ears out of compassion in attempt to save souls

إِنَّ شَرَّ الدَّوَابِّ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ الصُّمُّ الْبُكْمُ الَّذِينَ لَا يَعْقِلُونَ | Indeed the worst of beasts in Allah’s sight are the deaf and dumb who do not exercise their reason. | Al-Anfaal : 22

وَلَوْ عَلِمَ اللَّهُ فِيهِمْ خَيْرًا لَأَسْمَعَهُمْ ۖ وَلَوْ أَسْمَعَهُمْ لَتَوَلَّوْا وَهُمْ مُعْرِضُونَ | Had Allah known any good in them, He would have surely made them hear, and were He to make them hear, surely they would turn away, being disregardful. | Al-Anfaal : 23

My comment: we see without goodness, they would turn away if they hear the truth and understand it. So even making them not hear is out of mercy so they rebel less, do good, and then God will make them hear if they do good. So we see if sealing hearts and letting devils blind is an act of mercy, for it would you see the power in Imam (a) and understand and rebel, the soul will become Satanic more, and less chance of saving.

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اسْتَجِيبُوا لِلَّهِ وَلِلرَّسُولِ إِذَا دَعَاكُمْ لِمَا يُحْيِيكُمْ ۖ وَاعْلَمُوا أَنَّ اللَّهَ يَحُولُ بَيْنَ الْمَرْءِ وَقَلْبِهِ وَأَنَّهُ إِلَيْهِ تُحْشَرُونَ | O you who have faith! Answer Allah and the Apostle when he summons you to that which will give you life. Know that Allah intervenes between a man and his heart and that toward Him you will be mustered. | Al-Anfaal : 24

My comment: we see if we answer to God and Messenger, God will be able to intervene and make us hear, but we have to have some kind of response and effort towards "what gives us life".

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Tenth Principle: Inability to submit and humble oneself out of love to God when proof becomes certainty and forced proofs (day of judgment)

يَوْمَ يُكْشَفُ عَنْ سَاقٍ وَيُدْعَوْنَ إِلَى السُّجُودِ فَلَا يَسْتَطِيعُونَ | The day when the catastrophe occurs and they are summoned to prostrate themselves, they will not be able [to do it]. | Al-Qalam : 42

خَاشِعَةً أَبْصَارُهُمْ تَرْهَقُهُمْ ذِلَّةٌ ۖ وَقَدْ كَانُوا يُدْعَوْنَ إِلَى السُّجُودِ وَهُمْ سَالِمُونَ | With a humbled look [in their eyes], they will be overcast by abasement. Certainly, they were summoned to prostrate themselves while they were yet sound. | Al-Qalam : 43

My comment: The soul that is rebellious is waiting for proof beyond doubt to be shown by God with no wiggle room for disbelief, the time that comes its too late and the soul is way to rebellious to humble and submit out of love at this point.