• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The qur'an and Islamic terrorism

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sorry, notTasha, more later. :) Please accept my ignorant, careless and probably prejudiced error.

No need to apologize. If i have not known that you are a reasonable person, i wouldn't have bothereed to explain in length for you about this topic. :)

Wotan

lol...I guess you see what you want to see. I disagree that terrorism can be argued to be consistent with the Quran, and the fact that terrorists are "religionists". IMHO its only few people like you who see it that way. I agree however that this has become a useless argument.

Regards

Yes, apparently you do.

Let me try to get this as simple as possible if only so an objective reader will "get it."

Muslims claim the Koran is the Perfect and Complete Word of God. ALL Muslims claim that so as I know.

You, a devout and well schooled Muslim claim that the Koran does not support terrorism.

OBL, also a devout Muslim (and as I remember some sort of authority on the Koran) says otherwise.

Which of you is right? HOW are WE (who have no stake whatever in your religion) how do we the objective and uncommitted observer determine which of you is right?

I submit we CAN'T! :shrug:Simply because neither YOU nor OBL nor ANY other Muslim can offer ANY convincing proof that what each believes is the One True, Divine and Correct reading.:(

Which as has already been noted makes your "Holy" book pretty much useless.

Just like ALL the other "Holy" books.
:rolleyes:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
lol she called both of us Tasha :D

I have no doubt my error was a result of unconscious prejudice. That is, not deliberately, like most westerners, I unconsciously lump all Muslims together in my mind. Please accept my apology.