• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Purrrfect Margarita

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date
A

angellous_evangellous

I'm proud of my Margarita...

It's simple, but tried and true.

Take one fresh lime and cut it into fourths. Run the flesh of one of the fourths around the edge of a glass, and salt the rim (I put salt on a saucer and gently spin the rim around on the plate). Then sqeeze the lime into the empty glass, and toss the remaining wedge into the glass. Pour in two parts tequila, then one part triple-sec. Then squeeze in another lime wedge and drop the wedge into the glass. Add some ice on top of the wedges, and gently swirl everything around. Add a small pinch of salt to the mixture.

Enjoy.

The remaining two lime wedges will tempt you to make another... or you can make one for your friend.

A

angellous_evangellous

Here's to the downfall of fundamentalist Christianity in America.

Cheers.

evearael

Ooo! In my household, we run a flame over the lime slices to bring out the flavor. :) Drink one for me, Angellous, for it will be a long time until I'm allowed to have one.

A

angellous_evangellous

evearael said:
Ooo! In my household, we run a flame over the lime slices to bring out the flavor. :) Drink one for me, Angellous, for it will be a long time until I'm allowed to have one.

Good idea.

Perhaps the flame should only be used for the first round.

A

angellous_evangellous

nutshell said:
I don't drink :( , but it sounds yummy. :)

The end of the drink is always the best - getting little peices of lime and salt and tequila.... nice and cold and just a little watered down from the ice... it's wonderful.:rolleyes:

Neale

Debonaire Rationale
evearael said:
...we run a flame over the lime slices to bring out the flavor...

We do that at as well. :)

I personally prefer mine with Grand Marnier or Blue Curacao.

Pah

Uber all member
angellous_evangellous said:
Here's to the downfall of fundamentalist Christianity in America.

Cheers.
That may be true if the topic had been the Margarita from the Dominican Republic who really did purr. She was fantastic with a touch of mango on her lips

A

angellous_evangellous

Pah said:
That may be true if the topic had been the Margarita from the Dominican Republic who really did purr. She was fantastic with a touch of mango on her lips

Do I want to know what you mean by this? :sarcastic

Capt. Haddock

Evil Mouse
Ahhh, booze. Finally a topic I can enjoy and understand.

I will admit I'm not a tequila fan at all. I like just about anything with alcohol in it except tequila, pisco, and anise/ouzo/arak.

I like Margaritas, though. It's about the only way to make tequila fit for human consumption, as far as I'm concerned.

I stopped drinking margaritas some years ago after a Mexican friend told me that it was considered a drink of ladies and sissies in Mexico.

But now, I have a a great big bottle of Sauza at home. It was a souvenir from Mexico given to me by a friend. I was considering donating it to the tramp who sleeps in the park around the corner, but now that I see this recipe, I might just give it a whirl (in the privacy of my own home, where no Mexican is likely to mistake me for a girly-man).

Thanks.

Pah said:
A getleman does not kiss mango lips and tell.
But Pah, you already HAVE told us. You wouldn't release a trailer if you weren't planning on screening the film, so go on and tell...:p

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
Excellent recipe, most margaritas nowdays are overly complicated concoctions that barley resemble the original. The key to a good margarita is high quality liquor, I generally prefer a 100% Agave, Silver, tequilla (silver tequillas are much better for mixing) like Patron Silver. I usually use Cointreau instead of triple sec, but Grand Marnier can be used as well (if using "Grand Ma" wait till the drink is made and drizzle over the top for a cool effect). As for the perfect Martini, just wave the bottle of Vermouth over top the gin (Hawkeye Pierce said it best, "This bottle of vermouth should last you the entire war.")

A

angellous_evangellous

Capt. Haddock said:
I stopped drinking margaritas some years ago after a Mexican friend told me that it was considered a drink of ladies and sissies in Mexico.

But now, I have a a great big bottle of Sauza at home. It was a souvenir from Mexico given to me by a friend. I was considering donating it to the tramp who sleeps in the park around the corner, but now that I see this recipe, I might just give it a whirl (in the privacy of my own home, where no Mexican is likely to mistake me for a girly-man).

Thanks.

I think that may be the opinion of one person, and perhaps he means the American style Margarita with little tequila and lots of mix - which is a drink of sissies.

There is nothing sissy about tequila, triple-sec, and lime.

Heck, it makes my clothes fall off. :eek: Tequila messes with my brain like nothing else.

A

angellous_evangellous

Willamena said:
But delicious.

So I hear.

Would ya'll believe that I am so uncultured that I've never had a martini?:help:

I always get distracted by all that beer. : hamster :