• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Priest

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
This scene made me cry every time I watch this.

Thr movie is The Priest. It is a British drama (non rated; inappropriate to put a trailer here in RF) about a young priest (Father Greg) who stuggles with his sexual orientation. He helps a little girl (Lisa) who was sexually abused by her father. The media found out Greg is gay by he telling his friend about how he is torn between loving him (his friend) and loving the Church and His role in it.

When the public found out via media, his whole congregation and Bishop told him to leave the Church. They quoted Soddom scriptures and the like.

Greg chose the Church, His service to Christ over the love of his friend.

When people go to confession, they ask him for forgiveness. Greg stood in front of the whole congregation and asked them to forgive him.

They did not.

The scene above is when the only person to take communion from him was the girl who helped him and he helper her.

The Church did not forgive him. They did not forgive the people who would have asked for forgiveness for the sins They commited.

I am sure congregants today would not take communion from a gay priest. (To be a priest, they investigate to see if you qualify under what they define as gay). If priest were women, theyd probably do the same thing.

Yet, communion is NOT about the person giving it. Lay people give communion all the time. Concecration is NOT made by the priest but by the Holy Spirit.

If one is uncomfortable recieving communion from people who have sinned and repented and even those who have not sined they are just the wrong gender, it makes me wonder were the importance lies in regards to the Eucharist ans Church community.

Its not about Tradition. Its about keeping one Body in Christ. Without Tradition and scripture, there would still be a Body.

Why do we ALL denimni hold on to our traditions...yes, all of the denomni have them....and scripture before the very person who is the foundation of them?

If Jesus saw Greg, just as He healed the sick, He would ask "do you have faith?" And greg would day "yes, I do." And like the man who was revived from death, Jesus would ask His Father to heal or ask forgiveness on behalf of the ill.

We dont need to be Christ to forgive others. Priest do this all the time for congregants.

This movie made me cry because people actually do think this way. It is life and I get sick of it sometimes.

---

Rambling from recent events that just happened in my life. I cant talk about it to no one, not even my family.