• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Power Of Words

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
I do believe words have the power to change the World, for better or worse, which is why I make an effort to pick mine carefully. How about you? Do your words have power?

I'm having a pizza party tonight...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hope you enjoyed your pizza party.

As for words, management courses teach lists of power words, there are lists available on the internet. Used judiciously they can be good 'call to action' words Most spam is littered with them. I suppose the idea is 'if one or two of these power words can cause action then 200 must be at least 100 times better.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I do believe words have the power to change the World, for better or worse, which is why I make an effort to pick mine carefully. How about you? Do your words have power?
I choose my words to not be powerful - except when I have to.
I like to convey my ideas in a clear and neutral manner so that everyone can learn from them without being incentivised to believe them or act on them.
I don't like to be manipulated and try not to manipulate.
On very rare occasions I feel the need to command people, e.g. in emergency situations. Most people do as I tell them, immediately and without question. An eery experience for me.