• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The power of self-compassion

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hope you are all enjoying your time here on the forum.

Wasn't terribly sure where 2 post this ....

Are you kind and compassionate towards yourself - even if you have flaws and imperfections?

Here is a little food-4-thought -

It’s common to beat ourselves up for faults big and small. But according to psychologist Kristin Neff, that self-criticism comes at a price: It makes us anxious, dissatisfied with our life, and even depressed.

For the last decade, Neff has been a pioneer in the study of “self-compassion,” the revolutionary idea that you can actually be kind to yourself, accept your own faults—and enjoy deep emotional benefits as a result. Last year, she distilled the results of her research in the popular book Self-Compassion. (A Greater Good essay we adapted from the book is the most popular piece we’ve ever published.)

Read the full article at greater good -

The Power of Self-Compassion | Greater Good

Enjoy your day!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm not against the subject itself, I think it's a good topic, but I'm not in the mood to read an article/infomercial with the obligatory plug-in for buying somebody's book they wrote on the subject.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I'm not against the subject itself, I think it's a good topic, but I'm not in the mood to read an article/infomercial with the obligatory plug-in for buying somebody's book they wrote on the subject.

Fair enough!

If anyone prefers videos - you can search YouTube for Kristin Neff.

Haven't read the book itself but have heard good things about it - it is a key issue for many people ...

All the best!