• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Orange Tree is Texting

Rakhel

Has anyone heard about this?

FOXNews.com - The Orange Tree Is Texting -- Again - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

The Orange Tree Is Texting -- Again

Tuesday, March 17, 2009
foxnews_story.gif

By Stephanie I. Freid

Dr. Eran Raveh spent seven years perfecting the hammer-shaped sensor that gauges moisture levels in plants and trees.
#story .gallery_container p.caption{display:none !important;} #story .gallery_container p.strut{color:#000;} Dr. Eran Raveh spent seven years perfecting the hammer-shaped sensor that gauges moisture levels in plants and trees.

May I have your attention, please? This is your pachysandra calling. I'm thirsty.
As if we're not getting enough electronic stimulation already, a new device enables plants to send a text message when they need a drink.
A sensor developed by Israeli scientists sends text messages to farmers when crops need water, or to homeowners when the Ficus is thirsty. It is currently being prepped for international commercial markets.
Israel Agricultural Ministry plant physiologist Dr. Eran Raveh and his earth-scientist partner Dr. Arie Nadler spent seven years perfecting the hammer-shaped sensor that gauges moisture levels in plants and trees and sends real-time alerts to mobile phones or computers when water levels are low.