• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The New LHP : Stage 1

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Now that we've taken all the trash to the curb... Let's have a discussion about something that has been rolling in my mind recently!

Stage 1:

1) Satanic ideas often seem dogmatic, e. g. The Nine Satanic Sins, in comparison to a philosophy like Thelema.

Most of the the basic rules of LaVey's sins are arbitrary -- who decides for example who is stupid, lazy, posing, and whatever? Things like lack of aesthetics and herd-conformity go hand in hand and no one is guiltier than the would-be red and black wearing Satanists in the LaVey herd. (I, personally, was wearing black before I even cared about Satan. =) "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law." -- is a whole lot simpler and even is streamlined in that it certifies other people have the right to their own path as much as you do. It even seems to get to the right place as well. For now, I'll leave particular organizations out of it... That mostly becomes a discussion of politics. -1 Satanists, +1 Thelema for sheer simplicity.

2) Satanism is a designed anti-theism, but Thelema can be secular and non-theist. Satanism seems largely focused on being the stick-the-mud with all its blathering, but where does it go? Does it have a point on a personal level? What do I gain by resisting the status quo all by myself? I don't see the point. Certainly, I am naturally picking my own path due to my interest in black magick and all sort of other cultural naughty but I am not doing that because I care to make a statement... It just is _how_ I am. In this regard I am behaving in a much more Thelema-type fashion. Satanism as it stands now doesn't allow for enlightened experiences as a rule and even reduces its magic system to mental masturbation. If that is the case why bother? -1 Satanists - no enlightenment or mystic experiences for you... The rational world is cold and has no love.. =) +1 Thelemites.

3) Where Thelema loses me: Aiwass, Book of The Law, prophets, and that sort of juju. It does not lose me with the Holy Guardian Angel business mostly because I could see how this type of magical operation may work. This is even where the Setians lose me as well.. =) The core ideas of Thelema were good already, but why do we need to get all spooky? Thelema and Setians - 1, +1 Satanists.

Stage 2:

All of these systems have terrible faults mostly by design... At that juncture I sit wondering exactly what I am... I feel no bond with any of them nor any other. Maybe I have used to much self head shrinking and already have found this "True Will" someone writes about, but none of it would make me believe the rest. I'm too balanced to be an angry LaVey Satanist or even feel too Satanist at all... Again, my theism resides mostly in the fact that I have an ability to access these powers so they exist in my space... That doesn't mean I am some cosmic lap dog... My oh my what am I.. In some regard I consider Thelema freer than Satanism at least if you get to the fact that Satanism is defined mostly in a rhetorical way... "Will" is your will and you don't care about society.. for example..

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I am first and foremost a Setian because the Setian philosophy of Xeper resonated with me to begin with, and became an essential part of me and my philosophy of life and Magic after my Initiation in the Temple of Set back in the day. However, I also work with the Law of Thelema without all the mysticism of Liber AL, and the Satanic Word of Indulgence which frees one to enjoy life to its fullist without feelings of guilt that one is disobeying the will of some tyrannical god.

I am thankful that I found my True Way early on in life.

Gnothi seauton.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
All of these systems have terrible faults mostly by design... At that juncture I sit wondering exactly what I am... I feel no bond with any of them nor any other. Maybe I have used to much self head shrinking and already have found this "True Will" someone writes about, but none of it would make me believe the rest.

Even if you have found your "True Will", that is not the end of the journey, but simply the beginning of another in the eternal journey of becoming the complete, supreme, absolute manifestation of your "True Will" and/or Being, hence its perpetual re-manifestation in Infinitum, hence the Word of Xeper.

AnnaCzereda

Satanic Sins are not really dogmatic. Magister Nemo wrote once on LttD forum that the nine Satanic sins are simply sins against reality. If you commit them, reality is likely to correct them. Everything written in the Satanic Bible should be treated as guidelines, not dogmas. It's not that some Satanic authority tells you you shouldn't do this or that because it's a sin, but that it's simply advisable to keep it real, to know how the world works and act accordingly.

You can hear plenty of times how someone says: "Why have I done this? How could I have been so stupid?" This goes for the "sin" of stupidity and also other "sins". You are likely to regret them later.

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."
True, but it doesn't mean you won't suffer the consequences of your poor decisions.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Firstly, I must say that I think Uncle Al was a total loon. o_O

Now according to Uncle Al, the difference between LHP and RHP can be found in his book, "Magic Without Tears, Chapter XII: The Left-Hand Path--"The Black Brothers."

Here is a link to said chapter for your consideration:
The Left-Hand Path - 'The Black Brothers' - Chapter XII in Magick Without Tears by Aleister Crowley

Strangely enough I still find the criteria he uses is pretty arbitrary. And, I probably am more aware of the personality being a deceptive little S.O.B. than others... Often what you think you think is more what you learned to think... If you get my drift?

Anyway, to get into the theoretical logjam what if it's someones will to remain as an individual? How the hell does he know that isn't a possibility?

His "penalties of becoming a Black Brother" are likewise pretty spooky-ookey as well... If the White Brother is necessary likely the Black Brother is as well for synthesis -- who is Crowley to presume he knows that purpose?

All that aside, I'm pretty detached from my individuality... I allow it to manifest, but I am not overly concerned with minutia nor do I place undo importance on them. This is sort of where I am falling out with the satanic gold standard in that most of what I see going on in that camp is not useful to me in some progressive sense. Mostly that is my dilemma in that area... I fail to see the point of "acting out" for the sake of acting out -- if it has no meaning why bother..

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Satanic Sins are not really dogmatic. Magister Nemo wrote once on LttD forum that the nine Satanic sins are simply sins against reality. If you commit them, reality is likely to correct them. Everything written in the Satanic Bible should be treated as guidelines, not dogmas. It's not that some Satanic authority tells you you shouldn't do this or that because it's a sin, but that it's simply advisable to keep it real, to know how the world works and act accordingly.

You can hear plenty of times how someone says: "Why have I done this? How could I have been so stupid?" This goes for the "sin" of stupidity and also other "sins". You are likely to regret them later.

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."
True, but it doesn't mean you won't suffer the consequences of your poor decisions.

But, how often do people admit their being stupid in the Satanic camp? Once you get past that bowl of Ego there isn't any room for the M&Ms. The possibility to make such mistakes indicates another lack of character type issue or maybe an intelligence issue! Again, there is tons of contrary thinking in those rules... As far as atheistic Satanism being dogmatic -- it is a philosophical anti-theism which by nature doesn't exist without being in opposition to some other set of rules thereby creating a NEW SET of rules! Read that twice... sometimes I have to! =)

Some there other conundrums:

Self-deceit: How would you know if that was going on? You usually learn that WAY later... I mean like twenty years later.. =) You can't avoid what you can't know.

Solipsism: (projecting yourself on others basically) Most people tend to attract like-minded folk. That's just human nature... How exactly would you know this unless it was just ridiculously obvious past the point of the self-deceit issue mentioned above?

Of the Nine Satanic Sins ONLY 5 and 7 are anything one can do anything about: Herd Conformity and Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies!

If you're stupid you won't know it, if you're pretentious "like that's only your opinion man!", have too much pride "How do you know?"... That's all stuff that largely you're going to be either unaware of or can do nothing about -- they're just character traits you have, or whatever the DNA slushy left you with.

And I will counter our Nemo fellow -- without following these rules you aren't a Satanist anymore at least in regard to the ideas LaVey wrote of. You can be an _atheist_ without them, but you can't be a Satanist since it basically puts you out of the line of thought. If they are just guidelines then the term Satanist is meaningless in the context that others are free to borrow bits and bastardize it.

AnnaCzereda

Self-deceit: How would you know if that was going on? You usually learn that WAY later... I mean like twenty years later..

Not always. We are all deluded to some extent, but some are more deluded than others. You can work on getting to know yourself and keeping it real. Self-introspection and self-honesty can help.

Solipsism: (projecting yourself on others basically) Most people tend to attract like-minded folk. That's just human nature...

I think what was meant here is that it's a mistake to expect people to act in the same way you would act in a given situation. Suppose you expect others to be kind to you because you are kind to them. If they aren't, you are disappointed. So you projected your expectations and your own standards of behavior onto other people. Acknowledging that some people can have totally different standards than you will save you disappointment and will help you to avoid getting duped by others.

If you're stupid you won't know it, if you're pretentious "like that's only your opinion man!", have too much pride "How do you know?"... That's all stuff that largely you're going to be either unaware of or can do nothing about -- they're just character traits you have, or whatever the DNA slushy left you with.

Everybody can be stupid and pretentious at times. Everybody can do something stupid or display counter-productive pride. If Satanism here teaches anything than it is getting in touch with reality, getting to know yourself and shattering your own illusions about yourself and the world. Sure, it's not easy.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I would say that Thelema is only spooky if you decide it should be. It works as a new age woo religion of angels and astral travel, as well as working for atheistic materialism. The point of AL is that it is kind of a stream of consciousness thing open for subjective interpretation, for without that how can one do what they wilt?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Strangely enough I still find the criteria he uses is pretty arbitrary. And, I probably am more aware of the personality being a deceptive little S.O.B. than others... Often what you think you think is more what you learned to think... If you get my drift?

Anyway, to get into the theoretical logjam what if it's someones will to remain as an individual? How the hell does he know that isn't a possibility?

His "penalties of becoming a Black Brother" are likewise pretty spooky-ookey as well... If the White Brother is necessary likely the Black Brother is as well for synthesis -- who is Crowley to presume he knows that purpose?

All that aside, I'm pretty detached from my individuality... I allow it to manifest, but I am not overly concerned with minutia nor do I place undo importance on them. This is sort of where I am falling out with the satanic gold standard in that most of what I see going on in that camp is not useful to me in some progressive sense. Mostly that is my dilemma in that area... I fail to see the point of "acting out" for the sake of acting out -- if it has no meaning why bother..
I would posit that being overly attached to your individuality is actually a form of collectivism. (Although this opinion might fall under your criteria of "what you have learned to think" from my western Buddhism.) ;)

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Even if you have found your "True Will", that is not the end of the journey, but simply the beginning of another in the eternal journey of becoming the complete, supreme, absolute manifestation of your "True Will" and/or Being, hence its perpetual re-manifestation in Infinitum, hence the Word of Xeper.

What is this Setian "Xeper"?

Basically, my personal understanding of this Setian Principle is focused on becoming attuned to ones own Higher Self and/or Eternal Will, but not just to become attuned to it but also to work towards its complete, supreme, and absolute manifestation, and hence, the perpetual re-manifestation of that eternal mind and will. This is worked towards and ultimately achieved through "Xeper" (pronounced Khefer) an ancient Egyptian verb which translates "To Become", "To Evolve", or "To Come Into Being" or "I Have Come Into Being". It is my belief that we each have within ourselves our own individual hidden Truth of Being. The path and quest of Xeper is to uncover and ultimately to become the embodiment and most supreme and complete manifestation of that Truth. This is the Great Work of Life.

(And in truth one cannot become something that one Is Not, thence, its only pretend acting.)

Xeper is a divine moment in ones life in which the horizons of the potentiality of ones life and being expands. Such as going out one night and meeting the person you will spend the next 40+ years loving and raising a family with. Xeper can be and is worked towards, and can occur when we least expect it.

Xeper is when I truly Heard for the first time that single piece of music which would inspire me to spend the next 8 to 9 years of my life dedicated to mastering the piano keyboard and learning music theory and composition. Xeper happened to me on that night back in 1989 c.e. when I first invoked the name of Set and swore my eternal allegiance to him and became Setian - in that moment I my Self and the entire paradigm of my universe shifted and changed for ever.

Xeper is that which transformed humans from what we were 2 million years ago to that which we are today. So Xeper occurs on both a macrocosmic (racial) and microcosmic (individual) level; it is the establishment of a new higher state of existence.

Xeper and Remanifest.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I would posit that being overly attached to your individuality is actually a form of collectivism. (Although this opinion might fall under your criteria of "what you have learned to think" from my western Buddhism.) ;)

Indeed, Satanism as LaVey describes it does a lot of borrowing from Ayn Rand for sure. Collectivism and Objectivism are cut from the same cloth just perspective dancing...

What is this Setian "Xeper"?

Xeper is that which transformed humans from what we were 2 million years ago to that which we are today. So Xeper occurs on both a macrocosmic (racial) and microcosmic (individual) level; it is the establishment of a new higher state of existence.

I find Setian philosophy is pretty worthwhile but whether you use True Will or Xeper as a guiding concept I think really they are the same thing.

On the Setian front I sort of find the definition of Black Magic dubious:

Followers of the Left-Hand Path practice what, in a specific and technical sense, we term Black Magic. Black Magic focuses on self-determined goals. Its formula is "my will be done", as opposed to the White Magic of the Right-Hand Path, whose formula is "thy will be done".

This sort of fails to understand proper mystical understanding... The "thy" used in the Qabalistic Cross (which really is the only commonly used bit in western hermetic practice) refers to the sense used in an invocation. The God in this respect is the magician him/herself affirming their dominion over their local universe via their divine nature. Likewise, the hexagram or Star of David in the ritual is a symbol of the macrocosm and used in the same sense. It however is cleverly disguised as a bit of the Lords Prayer... Without the visualizations and mediation component I feel the meaning is lost. It has way more to do with mysticism than religion.. =)

God names used in the mystical traditions are generally used mostly to access a certain Sephira or Divine Spheres power. Most of them come from gemetria or numerical correspondence more than anything. The Tree of Life thus used is just a roadmap and not so much a religious thing. :) Since they have been associated so long they are basically a talisman to access that energy on demand -- that has very little relation to the Abrahamic connotations. Us LHPers are thus free to mine these concepts for everything they're worth.

On the Setian front, I am pretty vague on the exaltation of consciousness concept as well. That is probably the most nebulous thing to me. Much of what I find in my daily consciousness works against me as much as it helps. =)

Last edited:
New LHP huh?

I'll stick with the old one. You know what they say..'if it ain't broke...'

Continue with the retconning and redefining, don't mind me.

/exit stage left.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Temple of Set

full

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I find Setian philosophy is pretty worthwhile but whether you use True Will or Xeper as a guiding concept I think really they are the same thing.

There has been much debate on the differences between Thelema and the Setian Xeper and what distinguishes the two. The Principle of Thelema = the Will which enables each star to chart its own course through the cosmos. The Principle of Xeper = Coming Into Being as an alert, oriented, and balanced entity capable of creating change in accord with the Will.

Thelema - I know That which I Am and the direction I Will to go.
Xeper - The process by which I shall become the supreme and absolute manifestation of That which I Am and achieve the fulfillment of my Eternal Will.

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
There has been much debate on the differences between Thelema and the Setian Xeper and what distinguishes the two. The Principle of Thelema = the Will which enables each star to chart its own course through the cosmos. The Principle of Xeper = Coming Into Being as an alert, oriented, and balanced entity capable of creating change in accord with the Will.

Thelema - I know That which I Am and the direction I Will to go.
Xeper - The process by which I shall become the supreme and absolute manifestation of That which I Am and shall achieve the fulfillment of my Eternal Will.
I prefer the emphasis on process (Xeper) rather than emphasis on things (The Will.) Clinging to things (The Will) as something static will carry the possibility of stagnation of the process of transformation, with that energy being redirected towards fascination with The Will instead.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I prefer the emphasis on process (Xeper) rather than emphasis on things (The Will.) Clinging to things (The Will) as something static will carry the possibility of stagnation of the process of transformation, with that energy being redirected towards fascination with The Will instead.

As I see it, basically, without Xeper Thelema would be useless knowledge.

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
As I see it, basically, without Xeper Thelema would be useless knowledge.

I can agree to some extent, but I really find the difference between Xeper vs Thelema being the antinomianism in that Thelema includes "Love is the law..." not just "Will." Now, this "Love" isn't even a like it's realizing ones fundamental bond with the entire universe and every thing and layer of the onion so to speak. People tragically associate this as some sort union with Jehovah talk at this point or some speech about Samadhi -- however that remains complete baloney. Even the Temple of Set propagates that lie despite claiming to be hermetically inspired.

Traditional Qabalists (whom the hermetics borrow from) never saw Jehovah as a person. YHVH was associated to the planes of creation in order: Aztiluth (Archetypal World, or Formless.. aka before gods..etc), Briah (The Creative World... source of inspiration), Yetzirah (or world of Formation/Thought), and Assiah. (The material world...)

These were seen as existing concurrently, but the closer you were to dealing with Aztiluth the more real your information was. The layers moving away from Az. were seen as limitations because they involve a reduction of possibility so they are no longer infinite. A cup has a certain shape and color in Assiah, but it can only be and idea of a cup in Yetzirah which can freely be remolded. In Briah, it's not even a cup but the inspiration that lets you know that pouring your hot coffee in your hand isn't a viable solution and that you need "something" so you start fashioning the idea of a cup... In Az. our cup isn't even the notion of a cup or that we need to hold something with one it's every cup and non-cup (whatever that can mean) it is formless energy or nothing that decides triggers all of the rest... A universal pump if you will..

So basically, the Thelema people if doing the right things are seeking the knowledge of Aztiluth or as far as they can go while Setians seem stuck at Briah at best. Briah is what you identify basically as Xeper. This is the purpose of Samadi or whatever it is that as long as the personality makes a difference Az. can't be understood because it only can be comprehended by temporarily merging with. This isn't Ego destruction mind you... that's just impossible it's hard-wired into the body we used to transverse Assiah as an interpretive mechanism.. :)

Becoming is an interesting concept nonetheless, but I think the challenge is acting in accordance with ones magickal will and not being overly concerned with the physical world/perception which really is the outer crust of our "onion." Especially when we are aware directly of the three other spheres. =) Synchronicity is much more interesting subject to me than Xeper for that reason -- I think Thelema actively encapsulates Xeper and provides a mechanism of understanding that concept as well.

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
So basically, the Thelema people if doing the right things are seeking the knowledge of Aztiluth or as far as they can go while Setians seem stuck at Briah at best. Briah is what you identify basically as Xeper.

The Setian is never stuck anywhere, Magically speaking, the Setian consciousness is continually evolving and growing through the principle of "Remanifestation" (an Aeon Enhancing Word). Remanifest is what we do after [Xeper] a higher state of existence has been established. It is through the continued deliberate application and practice of the knowledge and powers which we have attained thus far, to our continuing work, which enables us to uncover even deeper mysteries and to attain and establish new higher states and modes of existence, ad Infinitum. Without Remanifestation, Xeper would be a single event happening (and anybody who has ever experienced Xeper knows that they want to experience it again). :smileycat: This is why some of us say --

Xeper and Remanifest.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
By Ipsissimus James Lewis VI*, Magus of Remanifestation. Decide for yourself, understanding or new age poppycock:

Remanifestation: The Power of a Word
by James Lewis
Although the majority of us look with a bit of disfavor on structuring, it remains a fact that each Aeon, this one included, operate within the framework of a certain necessary structuring. The Aeon of Set, and particularly its Temple, function by frames of reference through which certain words have certain meanings and thereby allow Initiates to comprehend magical and philosophical theory and practice. Some of the most powerful of all these tools are Words; ie, those singular expressions of points in time and space of both the Aeon and personal magical initiatory progress.

A Word, as defined by this Initiate, is a conceptualization of those trends, actions, and forces set in motion which have taken Magicians to a certain point in time through Work done for Work's sake (or, as Magus Crowley put it, without lusting for results). Any Word from Thelema to Indulgence to Xeper to Remanifestation is subject to developing only insofar as it is put to personal usage.

Xeper, the primary Word of the Aeon of Set, is an excellent example of the two avenues which can be used to approach the concept. Xeper itself is defined as Coming Into Being, taking oneself up from that lowest-common-denominator mechanical state of being into a functional god-like individual capable of bringing about change in accordance with Will. If not pursued actively, Xeper will still impact—the individual will come into being, but only as that he Wills by his actions to Become. Should he operate only in the mode of base desires and the mere impulse to satisfy the desire for gratification, such is the goal he will obtain for himself. Should he, on the other hand, turn his gaze toward an understanding of the cosmos, the resulting state of being will be far beyond that he could have anticipated when starting his journey. The gist of this is that one will become something regardless of which path is followed, but that it is up to the individual to select the goal to be worked toward.

A Word is Uttered in order to place a tool in the hands of those who wish to use it. Its impact is unquestionable and can be seen in all things, at least insofar as the attention span is able to encompass it. Some have asked whether a Word can actually influence ALL things within the cosmos—it requires an answer with a fine eye on reality as comprehended by the Initiate. What actually is reality? We are aware that there is a high degree of probability present in speculating the presence of planets other than our own along with suns and galaxies; we have no physical concrete proofs on the tables before us, but trust those reports given to us by scientists and others in the know. Actual reality consists in a great part in what we are able to comprehend and place within the working context of the universe. It can follow, therefore, that when the tool which is a Word is encountered it influences each known quantity within the scope of the Magician's attention. It also covers to a certain extent unknown quantities and possibilities which are present in the form of situations which can be altered to make desired goals come about. [To digress for a brief moment, if ever there could be said to be any such thing as predestination it exists in mankind's ability to use those tools at hand to shape events so that desired results come about. My mind rebels at the thought of predestination as generally accepted. Should that definition be a fact, what then would be the use of our striving and work?]

Conscious and deliberate effort is necessary to make full use of the power of a Word. In the case of the Word Remanifestation the intentional spotlighting of the concept for taking all that has been up to a certain best a somewhat unsure self attempting to do Magic. With the knowledge of the mechanics of the Word the Initiate finds himself playing a different ballgame. He can, to a certain extent, form his future by creating change in accord with Will. It would have been most interesting to hear what Magus Crowley's comments on that would have been. Set in his ways as the old Beast was, he would no doubt have disagreed violently!

Speaking of the old Beast, he once wrote that in order to divine correctly one should be a Master of the Temple. While the reference was aimed more in the direction of using the Thoth Tarot deck, it is true that Magistri Templi write the book on Understanding insofar as it is known by the Temple of Set. In order to Understand a Word, it is necessary to be a Master—I must point out here that that Grade is the one in which the best Understanding of a Word can come about in ways other than actually Uttering the Word oneself. Magistri tend not to so much attempt Understanding as to almost automatically Understand. [This is so due to their attunement to the Will of Set.] It is possible for Understanding to take place on other levels, also. The Priest of Set (the III°) is able to Understand insofar as he can place concepts within the functional framework of the universe and the Aeon. The Adept is also able to Understand to a certain degree. (No pun, now!) The Second Degree is the highest level of proficiency one can hope to attain without the direct intervention of the Prince of Darkness himself. There is indeed nothing wrong with remaining an Adept until the stars fall and a new plan is made (a thing Natalie Babbitt's storybook Devil says we all know will never happen). The Adept is an Initiate who has attained mastery of Black Magic and they are respected as such. They also are able to Understand insofar as their comprehensions of the universe go. Hence it is not without basis in fact that Adepti speak of working with Word concepts. I must remark here, though, that while the Uttering of a Word is a simple and straightforward act, it is expounding it that for the Magus can become complicated. In the same way, hearing a Word for any Degree is just as simple and straightforward while it is first understanding the Word and then putting it into practice in which complication enters. It behooves Initiates of all Degrees to approach all concepts with care and a willingness to excise if necessary since no statement is deified to the point of being invulnerable. Magus Anton LaVey had some valuable recommendations on that very subject in The Satanic Bible; it would hurt none to look them up and take them to heart.

With all this said, how necessary is it to actually take a Word to heart? No one is REQUIRED to do so, but working with the concepts involved make the difference between a boomerang and a rifle, between an old biplane and a starship or, to use one of my own favorites, the difference between a stone wheel and a TARDIS. As remarked earlier, a Word will impact in any event and it is up to the individual to decide on whether he is to master it or be mastered by it. The choice is up to you.

Last edited: