• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Myths of the Gay Agenda (Youtube)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I actually didn't know where to put this. General debates didn't have an appropriate subtopic for this.

I am homosexual, and I had always thought: "What in the *cough* world is the Gay Agenda!" and "Why are so many people afraid (they really, are) of homosexuality--not just religious arguments, but political ones, social ones, and so forth." and "What exactly is the homosexual lifestyle?" The beauty of sexuality is so taboo to Americans that to even speak about "religion and politics" is a big no-no.

Here is a video I found on Ted Talks (look it up, it's an app as well) with different speeches on all types of things not all political and, um, gay, in nature.

I don't know how to embed youtube, so I hope it does it automatically.

What do you think?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I watched that TED talk quite a while back. Makes sense to me. I never quite got the concept that all gay people were the same, or that they all had similar goals and motivations (politically). Near as I can tell from those I've met, they span a fairly wide range of diversity, if you ignore who they like to have sex with.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Exactly. I'm not even into politics, wear jeans a lot, but look darn fine in a dress. People. Stereotypes and generalizations run a muck. My friend introduced me to Ted Talk since I'm working on Public Speaking as a career and education. I don't know how often they update the speeches; probably look back into it if you're still interested [rather]?

I watched that TED talk quite a while back. Makes sense to me. I never quite got the concept that all gay people were the same, or that they all had similar goals and motivations (politically). Near as I can tell from those I've met, they span a fairly wide range of diversity, if you ignore who they like to have sex with.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
They update regularly and cover a massively diverse range of topics, with some more technical/scientific in nature and some less so.
Never really thought about it but it would be a useful study tool in terms of presentation styles, etc.
I've had to learn how to speak publicly in front of large groups over the years. What I used to find confronting is actually kinda fun now (depending slightly on topic).

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Great video, I love TEDx talks. They are usually pretty awesome. I have seen a few questionable ones though.

gnomon

I actually didn't know where to put this. General debates didn't have an appropriate subtopic for this.

I am homosexual, and I had always thought: "What in the *cough* world is the Gay Agenda!" and "Why are so many people afraid (they really, are) of homosexuality--not just religious arguments, but political ones, social ones, and so forth." and "What exactly is the homosexual lifestyle?" The beauty of sexuality is so taboo to Americans that to even speak about "religion and politics" is a big no-no.

Here is a video I found on Ted Talks (look it up, it's an app as well) with different speeches on all types of things not all political and, um, gay, in nature.

I don't know how to embed youtube, so I hope it does it automatically.

What do you think?

I think it's incredible. There is no gay agenda. Never was there one and never will there be.

There is a human agenda.

I have a problem with the TED talks, namely after the useless and rather cheapening of ideas after the Sarah Silverman talk, but I found this talk to be very good.

I personally find it insulting as a modern human that any civilization, other than those that misguided people attempt to keep away from modern civilization, who believe that homosexuality is an immoral concept to be absolutely frustrating on both an intellectual and moral level. Insulting.

Not only would I say that this is one of the few TED talks that actually meant something but I found his presentation overall enlightening and educational. I find his presentation of the so called "gay lifestyle", that is the same lifestyle of heterosexuals deserving the same love and respect, to be the most important aspect of his talk.

This was one of the good TED talks.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Not only would I say that this is one of the few TED talks that actually meant something but I found his presentation overall enlightening and educational. I find his presentation of the so called "gay lifestyle", that is the same lifestyle of heterosexuals deserving the same love and respect, to be the most important aspect of his talk
Yes. I listened to a few other Ted Talks. Some of them are good. I like this one because he really stresses about freedom of rights for all people. I also like how the "Gay Agenda" is actually the U.S. Constitution. You're right, it is enlightening and educational. If there is a homosexual lifestyle, like heterosexual,it would be of love and respect for all through our actions and words.

Hopefully, something will change in my life time.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Just as a point of interest

Homosexual agenda (or gay agenda) is a term introduced by some conservative Christians in the United States as a disparaging way to describe the advocacy of cultural acceptance and normalization of non-heterosexual orientations and relationships. The term refers to efforts to change government policies and laws on LGBT rights-related issues. Additionally, it has also been used by some social conservatives and others to describe alleged goals of LGBT rights activists, such as recruiting heterosexuals into what they term a "homosexual lifestyle".

In the US, the phase "the gay agenda" was first used in public discourse in 1992 when the Family Research Council, an American conservative Christian group, released a video series called The Gay Agenda as part of a pack of materials campaigning on homosexual issues and the "hidden gay agenda". In the same year the Oregon Citizens Alliance used this video as part of their campaign for Ballot Measure 9 to amend the Oregon Constitution to prevent what the OCA called special rights for gays, lesbians, and bisexuals.

Paul Cameron — co-founder of the Institute for the Scientific Investigation of Sexuality in Lincoln, later renamed the Family Research Institute — appeared in the video, wherein he asserted that 75 percent of gay men regularly ingest feces and that 70-78 percent have had a sexually transmitted disease. The Gay Agenda was followed by three other video publications; The Gay Agenda in Public Education (1993), The Gay Agenda: March on Washington (1993) and a feature follow-up Stonewall: 25 Years of Deception (1994). The videos contained interviews with opponents of LGBT rights, and the series was made available through Christian right organizations.
Source: Wikipedia

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Here's the gay agenda for Saturday, March 7, 2015.
Polish up the kitchen.
Take the cans to Kroots recycling.
Take the dog to the vet if she doesn't stop acting sick.
Make broccoli Alfredo.

Tom

AmyintheBibleBelt

I think it's incredible. There is no gay agenda. Never was there one and never will there be.

There is a human agenda.

I have a problem with the TED talks, namely after the useless and rather cheapening of ideas after the Sarah Silverman talk, but I found this talk to be very good.

I personally find it insulting as a modern human that any civilization, other than those that misguided people attempt to keep away from modern civilization, who believe that homosexuality is an immoral concept to be absolutely frustrating on both an intellectual and moral level. Insulting.

Not only would I say that this is one of the few TED talks that actually meant something but I found his presentation overall enlightening and educational. I find his presentation of the so called "gay lifestyle", that is the same lifestyle of heterosexuals deserving the same love and respect, to be the most important aspect of his talk.

This was one of the good TED talks.

There is and should be a human agenda. Religious zealots repressed science, burned witches, subjugated blacks and women. Homosexuals will have equal rights. Because as a society we eventually come around and support what is right. It's a damn shame it takes way too long sometimes.