• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The mustard tree?

Phantasman

This sounds like heresy.

2Ti 2:16
Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.
2Ti 2:17
Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus,
Ti 2:18
who have departed from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some.
It is heresy. Heresy is nothing more than not following Roman catholic ideology (church fathers).

Who wrote Titus (and the pastorals)? A sympathizer of catholic ideology. Same with Hebrews. Certainly not Paul or the disciples. It doesn't match the gospel message.

Luke:
Then came to him certain of the Sadducees, which deny that there is any resurrection; and they asked him,
Luke:
Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

John 11:
24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Jesus corrects Martha. So can a person be dead, without the resurrection, and still walk as flesh?

You think we die then receive a resurrection. Jesus says we never die if we "live" in him. The Holy Ghost was given after Christs resurrection, not while he was flesh. We are resurrected by the Holy Spirit at the Chrism. This is what being "free" means.

The chrism is superior to baptism, for it is from the word "Chrism" that we have been called "Christians," certainly not because of the word "baptism". And it is because of the chrism that "the Christ" has his name. For the Father anointed the Son, and the Son anointed the apostles, and the apostles anointed us. He who has been anointed possesses everything. He possesses the resurrection, the light, the cross, the Holy Spirit. The Father gave him this in the bridal chamber; he merely accepted (the gift). The Father was in the Son and the Son in the Father. This is the Kingdom of Heaven.- Gospel of Philip

The resurrection of the dead occurred.

Matthew 27:
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

So if we die to Christ, speaking spiritually, are we dead? Or have we arisen in incorruptibly? 1 Corinthians 15

Paul said he died daily for that reason.

And I answered and said to him: "Lord, do not mention to us the cross and the death, for they are far from you."
The Lord answered and said: "Truly I say to you, none will be saved unless they believe in my cross. But those who have believed in my cross, theirs is the Kingdom of God. Therefore, become seekers for death, just as the dead who seek for life, for that which they seek is revealed to them. And what is there to concern them? When you turn yourselves towards death, it will make known to you election. In truth I say to you, none of those who are afraid of death will be saved. For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who have put themselves to death. Become better than I; make yourselves like the son of the Holy Spirit."- Secret James

A Christian hears Christs words. Is the Secret Book of James truth?

1 Corinthians 15:
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

We follow a risen Christ, who taught even after his resurrection of hidden and secret knowledge.

"Since you asked me to send you a secret book which was revealed to me and Peter by the Lord, I could neither refuse you nor speak directly to you, but I have written it in Hebrew letters and have sent it to you - and to you alone. But inasmuch as you are a minister of the salvation of the saints, endeavor earnestly and take care not to recount this book to many - this which the Savior did not desire to recount to all of us, his twelve disciples. But blessed are those who will be saved through faith in this discourse.
Now I sent you ten months ago another secret book with the Savior revealed to me. But that one you are to regard in this manner, as revealed to me, James."- Secret James

It's merely understood or not. To me it edifies the Gospel.

Jeremiah Ames

This sounds like heresy.

2Ti 2:16
Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.
2Ti 2:17
Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus,
Ti 2:18
who have departed from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some.

Perhaps being a heretic to the precepts of man that rule the religion, is a very good thing.

Perhaps the heretics are those found on the NARROW path.
Jesus did say only a FEW would find it.

outlawState

Deism is dead
Perhaps being a heretic to the precepts of man that rule the religion, is a very good thing.

Perhaps the heretics are those found on the NARROW path.
Jesus did say only a FEW would find it.
If the apostle declared that those who say that the resurrection has taken place are heretics, then they are. I think its called "full preterism."

"Full preterism differs from partial preterism in that full preterists believe that the destruction of Jerusalem fulfilled all eschatological or "end times" events, including the resurrection of the dead and Jesus' Second Coming, or Parousia, and the Final Judgment."
Wiki

Full preterism has been just one of the balmy doctrines embraced by Roman Catholics down the ages. The reason for it is to conceal the role of Roman Catholicism in the Olivet Discourse as a wicked and persecuting church, particularly cf. Matt 24;15. the "abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place." Also reference to false Christs.

Most protestants regard full preterism as heresy.