• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The most beautiful song in the world!

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
dawny0826 said:
That's good news. :) The pictures that you've posted are beautiful. Looks like a place out of a story book. So different from where I live but it's nice to know that beautiful places like that exist.

Like a story book. It's funny you say that, I've read so many times in travel reviews on Western news sites, "Bosnia's fairytale landscape" - hahaha.

But I do have to admit, even without my bias, that we have an exceptionally beautiful corner of the world. They joke it's why Croatia, Bosnia, and Serbia fight so much. Our lands are so beautiful, we become like the creatures in the Lord of the Rings.

"Oh...my preciousss...my preciouss... mine, mine...my preciousss..." lol

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
A war ballad from Bosnia and Herzegovina.

I find it very interesting, and beautful. The verses are very heavily Islamic in theme and vocal style. She sings about the mountains, the market, all these sorts of things Muslims love about Sarajevo.

And then the chorus is very modern, and very angry. She says, over and over:

Sarajevo, Sarajevo! Gdje je moja raja, gdje je moja raja!?

Raja is like... it's slang. Basically your raja is, as they say in the west, your "crew", your "homies". But raja, in Bosnian, is a much older slang term - centuries old, actually. So it's more like a real word, and everyone uses it. But it has the same meaning as "homies" and "crew".

"Gdje je moja raja" = "Where are my homies"

http://media.putfile.com/Sarajevo-Sarajevo