• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Monkey Sphere

ch'ang

artist in training
Yeh i read that a while back and i really agree with what that guy is saying even though the answer is as simple as that no one really sees it (at least not that i know) he did some other stuff that was purely humorous also.

Unedited

I completely agree that there is sort of a sphere of people who mean more to us than others, but I’m doubtful as to whether or not this is limited to 150 people (there are undoubtedly other reasons why the monkeys live in certain sized groups). I think, however, that it goes a bit far in saying that people outside of this sphere are not people to us.

Also, I think the sphere would better be described as being layered also. I mean, I definitely care more about what happens to my older brother than I do the trash man, but I also know I care more about what happens to my older brother (who I grew up with), than my younger brother (who I saw on holidays), even though I’d be devastated if anything happened to either of them.

I was talking to my father just the other day about where he was when Kennedy was shot. Since he was very young, he didn’t remember an awful lot, but he said he did remember all the neighbours coming over, and one woman even crying. They were all sad over what had happened, but none of them knew the man, and his death really had little impact on their daily lives. I don’t know, that just seems to go along with the subject.

Anyway, it was an interesting article until it got to number six, where it just seemed to turn to giving a bunch of examples I didn’t agree with. I just know that if some stranger pressed the wrong number on an elevator, I’d be a little peeved, but I wouldn’t do anything. If a friend did it though, I’d be all, “You idiot!”

I think the most important lesson here is to not get caught in an elevator with this guy.