• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The miracle of friendship

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Did a search for friendship poems ...

There's a miracle called friendship
That dwells within the heart
And you don't know how it happens
Or when it gets it start

But the happiness it brings you
Always gives a special lift
And you realize that friendship
Is life's most precious gift

Friendship Poems

Here's to good friends!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
f0089989a7cad3f66935cdf0bd91c5b0--birthday-wishes-for-girlfriend-happy-birthday-friend-quotes.jpg

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I haven't written many poems about friendship. Offhand, this is the only one I can recall:

Six Colors in Your Hair

There are six stallions in the meadow
Six colors in your hair
A breeze across blue flowers
Your laughter in the air.

There’s a stillness on the water
A stillness in your eyes.
I can feel your smile
A warm sun in disguise.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job."

~ Laurence J. Peter

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"A real friend is one who takes the hand of his friend in time of distress and helplessness."

~ Afghan proverb

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares."

~ Henri Nouwen

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"I always felt that the great high privilege, relief and comfort of friendship was that one had to explain nothing."

~ Katherine Mansfield