• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Lottery

Lightkeeper

Do any of you buy lottery tickets? What is the most money you have won? I won $1000 once in a game called Quinto. You have to match 5 playing cards, ace of diamonds, two of clubs, etc. My ticket matched 4.

No*s

Captain Obvious
robtex said:
I did once just to say I did it ---i lost....

I bought one lottery ticket my whole life. When I turned 18, I was going to buy a couple, so I bought one. When I scratched it off, I won $5 for my $1. They asked me if I wanted another one...I said no, got some cokes, and some beef jerky and left. I have won 100% of all my attempts to play in a real lottery :p.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Rizza expressed a story to me yesterday how her co-worker's husband went to a store yesterday and there was nobody in the parking lot (this was during the day). He said a elderly woman came up from behind startling him and handed him a ticket for tonight's lottery drawing and said to him "This is the winning ticket,"
He looked at the ticket and was wondering why someone would give anyone a lottery ticket. By the time he looked up from the ticket the woman was gone (nowhere in sight) and he couldn't figure out how anyone could disappear so quickly. So we are all waiting tonight for the lottery drawing to see if this apparation did indeed give him the winning ticket. There is more to this story but mrscarrdero has all the info.

I play once and awhile but never win.

As a side note if anyone has seen the commercial for the lottery where the toll collector wins the lottery and lets everyone go for free, well people still remember that commercial and are always asking us if we won the lottery so they can go through for free. Toll collectors hate that commercial.

Scorn

No*s said:
I have won 100% of all my attempts to play in a real lottery :p.
hahah.

I've had 2 wins. Once 6 years ago on the first crossword scratch and win I'd ever bought I won the 50,000 prize. I was shocked. And being Canadian immediately thought I'd done something wrong. I had to wait to the following morning to verify it. A few months later I won 2,700 on the 649 lottery (numbers/draw).

As a side note, when I went to pick up my 50k prize I got talking to the rep at the lottery corp and she told me that it was not unusual for big winners to win big a couple of times. She could remember eight people she said that had won more than a million, more than once.

I guess mine wasn't big enough for a return visit. hehehe.

Scorn

Lightkeeper said:
Let's all think up 6 good numbers together and all play them in our lotteries and see if anyone of us wins.
That's a cool experiment. I'm going to look up the most commonly drawn numbers in our national lottery.

No*s

Captain Obvious
Scorn said:
hahah.

I've had 2 wins. Once 6 years ago on the first crossword scratch and win I'd ever bought I won the 50,000 prize. I was shocked. And being Canadian immediately thought I'd done something wrong. I had to wait to the following morning to verify it. A few months later I won 2,700 on the 649 lottery (numbers/draw).

As a side note, when I went to pick up my 50k prize I got talking to the rep at the lottery corp and she told me that it was not unusual for big winners to win big a couple of times. She could remember eight people she said that had won more than a million, more than once.

I guess mine wasn't big enough for a return visit. hehehe.

The odds would make me very suspicious there...

Winning a million shouldn't happen often lol.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
I buy a ticket every week for the Saturday night lotto draw. The most I've won is about $68...but I thought I'd only won $23, so I was happy about that lol. I guess if I'd just not bought lotto tickets for the past couple years at all, I'd have more than $68, but it's my one indulgence. I'm still hoping for a big win - $50,000 would be more than enough lol. I've bought plenty of scratchie tickets too, but I think the most I've won on one of those was about $12 - I tend to only buy them on a whim, and I usually win when I do that. I think if I bought them regularly I wouldn't win as often as I do. Now if I could win $50,000 on one of them... :p

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
We won just under $12,000 about 6 months ago. It was lucky we did, actually, cos if we hadn't we'd probably have ended up living in a shoebox in the gutter. We were having a shocking run of bad luck prior to that...

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
I've been buying lottery tickets regularly since the 1970s. Never had a big winner. Just $100 or so a few times. Currently, I play $12.00 per week. I always let the computer pick my numbers. I did win a $1300 horse racing trifecta once.