• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Yea sorry scripture disagrees with your words that are not Gods Words (see why in post # 3455 linked that you simply ignored).
Your response..
I often just ignore you when you ramble on irrationally.
You are deflecting again because you are unable to respond to all the scriptures in the linked post you are responding to that are in disagreement with you. Rambling and being irrational is what people do that cannot defend their belief with scripture. My conversation with you is a good example of this. You have no scripture to support a teaching that Jewish Christian believers in the new testament have to continue doing animal sacrifices in order to receive Gods forgiveness of sin.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Your response..

You are deflecting again because you are unable to respond to all the scriptures in the linked post you are responding to that are in disagreement with you. Rambling and being irrational is what people do that cannot defend their belief with scripture. My conversation with you is a good example of this. You have no scripture to support a teaching that Jewish Christian believers in the new testament have to continue doing animal sacrifices in order to receive Gods forgiveness of sin.
Hardly. You and some of the others continually post scriptures that simply don't document what you say they do. And THAT my friend is what we call irrational thinking.

I on the other hand provided a very clear cut, very specific scripture: "And you see how many thousands of believers there are, and they are all zealous for Torah." You cannot be zealous for Torah if you pick and choose which commandments to keep. This verse very definitely documents that these Jewish believers were continuing to offer sacrifices. Heck, they actually met at the porch of the Temple.

I also mentioned a second reference, where Paul very specifically accompanies some Christian Nazarites to go do their sacrifices. The whole reason why Paul was in the temple was to help with these sacrifices!!! Had he not accompanied and assisted them, he would never have been arrested.

So I have met the burden of proof.

Now, you tagged on to the end of your remark something new that I need to reply to. You say that I'm claiming that these sacrifices were necessary for the forgiveness of sin. NOPE. I never said that, nor is it true. Sin offerings atoned for UNINTENTIONAL sin. The system for INTENTIONAL sin was quite different -- you couldn't just buy your way out of it. You have to actually do the work and repent, first going to the one you have harmed and making it right, and then by returning to God's ways. There is no sacrifice that substitutes for this.

3rdAngel

Hardly. You and some of the others continually post scriptures that simply don't document what you say they do. And THAT my friend is what we call irrational thinking.

I on the other hand provided a very clear cut, very specific scripture: "And you see how many thousands of believers there are, and they are all zealous for Torah." You cannot be zealous for Torah if you pick and choose which commandments to keep. This verse very definitely documents that these Jewish believers were continuing to offer sacrifices. Heck, they actually met at the porch of the Temple.

I also mentioned a second reference, where Paul very specifically accompanies some Christian Nazarites to go do their sacrifices. The whole reason why Paul was in the temple was to help with these sacrifices!!! Had he not accompanied and assisted them, he would never have been arrested.

Now, you tagged on to the end of your remark something new that I need to reply to. You say that I'm claiming that these sacrifices were necessary for the forgiveness of sin. NOPE. I never said that, nor is it true. Sin offerings atoned for UNINTENTIONAL sin. The system for INTENTIONAL sin was quite different -- you couldn't just buy your way out of it. You have to actually do the work and repent, first going to the one you have harmed and making it right, and then by returning to God's ways. There is no sacrifice that substitutes for this.
Not really you simply ignored a stack of scripture in disagreement with a single scripture that did not way what you were pretending it did. (see why in post # 3455 linked that you simply ignored).

3rdAngel

Your "stack of scripture" simply did not say what you were claiming it said. And that's pretty much your known M. O.
As demonstrated through the scriptures, once more, your words have no truth in them and are just your words in disagreement with Gods Words so your argument is with God not me. You simply provided your opinion in disagreement with the bible. The "stack of scripture" that is in disagreement with your claim that Jewish Christians must offer animal sacrifice in order to have their sins forgiven is unbiblical nonsense as proven in the "stack of scripture" that is in disagreement with you that you are unwilling to respond to in post # 3455 linked. Lets be honest. You are just digging a bigger hole for yourself now and you have no where to hide. Receive Gods correction and be blessed. Ignoring Gods Word does not make it disappear. It becomes our judge come judgement day according to John 12:47-48.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Sorry I must have missed it. You make a statement saying Jewish Christian believers have to do animal sacrifices to receive Gods forgiveness of sin in the new testament scriptures then are shown pretty much the whole new testament in disagreement with you and think you have proven when you believe? That is not demonstrating burden of proof but simply ignoring Gods Word.

3rdAngel

Hardly. You and some of the others continually post scriptures that simply don't document what you say they do.
You make the claim here that I continually post scripture that I continually post scriptures that simply don't document what you say they do. Then prove your claim. You cannot can you. So why make statements that are not truthful? You words are simply your words arguing with Gods (scripture).
And THAT my friend is what we call irrational thinking.
Be specific. What is irrational thinking? You cannot tell me can you. Your deflecting now and making more statements you are unable to prove while not being able to address scripture evidence that is against you. That is called irrational thinking.
Not really you simply ignored a stack of scripture in disagreement with a single scripture that did not say what you were pretending it did. (see why in post # 3455 linked that you simply ignored).

Sorry to disappoint you friend but there is nothing in Acts 21:20 that states Jewish Christians were commanded to continue offering animal sacrifices to atone for sin. That claim is simply not biblical and an anti-Christian belief. I posted you scriptures earlier showing what Jewish Christian believers understood about the old covenant laws of atonement for sin and animal sacrifices and how they were "shadow laws" pointing to Gods Messiah in Jesus Christ (Yeshua) from the book of Hebrews (e.g. Hebrews 7:1-27; Hebrews 8:1-13; Hebrews 9:1-27 and Hebrews 10:1-22) There is too much scripture as to what Jewish Christians believe go read the references I posted. Acts 21:20-21 is not telling Jewish Christian believers to continue offering animal sacrifices for atonement of sin anywhere. You are making this up.

Again, according to the scriptures, Jewish Christian and Gentile believers are not required to do animal sacrifices for sin offerings as followers and believers of Gods Messiah in Jesus. That would be a denial of Gods promised Messiah to who these shadow laws of the old covenant all pointed to. This is why the temple curtain was torn in two at Christs death (no more animal sacrifices). No more animal sacrifices and sin offerings are needed for atonement of sin in the new covenant as Gods sacrifice for the sins of the world once and for all was sacrificed in the lamb of God (John 1:29). These shadow laws are now fulfilled in Christ to who they pointed to for all Christians both Jewish believers and Gentile believers who are all now one in Christ.

Here is the scripture with context Acts 21:20-21 "20, And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said to him, You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law. 21, And they are informed of you, that you teach all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs. Sorry friend, firstly the context of these scriptures is about circumcision not practicing the laws for atonement for sin through animal sacrifices and sin offerings. A purification ritual in Acts 21 is not the same things as offerings for sin atonement in the Torah.

For Jewish and Gentile believers in Christ according to the new covenant scriptures posted the first time round...

Christ’s sacrifice was offered only once (9:6-7, 11-12, 25-26, 28; 10:1, 10-12, etc.). The older sacrifices had to be repeated over and again, year after year. This would leave the thinking worshiper with doubts as to their real value (10:2-4), with little reason to assume that even the repeated offering of an animal could satisfy God or remove human guilt? The happy announcement of the gospel is that the sacrifice of Christ was of such value that it needed to be offered only once for all. Christ’s saving work is a finished work (cf. John 19:30), accomplished “once for all.”

Christ’s sacrifice effected forgiveness (9:9-10, 12; 10:1, 4, 11, 18). Sin was the problem addressed in sacrifice – it demanded removal. The repetition of the older sacrifices testified to their inability to deal with sin with finality. They were inadequate. The sacrifice was not of sufficient value. But our Lord offered himself (9:12, 13, 26), a sacrifice of supreme value (cf. Heb. 1-2), effectual in removing sin. Again, what the older sacrifices only anticipated the sacrifice of Christ actually accomplished, and it is therefore able to “purge the conscience” (9:14) of guilt.

Christ’s sacrifice was accepted in heaven, the true temple (8:2, 5; 9:1, 9, 11-12, 23, 24; 10:1). That is to say, it was not prospective of anything. It did not symbolize or anticipate the accomplishing of atonement. Accepted by God himself, in the true temple, forgiveness is assured.

Christ’s sacrifice gained access to God (Heb. 9:7-8; 10:19-22). The old sacrificial system was designed to demonstrate that the way to God is not just open to anyone on any terms (v. 8). There must be a qualified priest and an acceptable sacrifice offered in an acceptable way. Even so, the people at large must stay back – only the high priest had access into the holy of holies and that just once a year and by a prescribed ceremony of sacrifice. We must not presume. It is a fearful thing to approach the holy God. But by the sacrifice of Christ the way now is open. All who come by him, on the ground of his sacrificial work, are accepted (cf. Matt. 27:51; John 2:19-21).

At the climax of this discussion in Hebrews the writer draws several applications, marked by the word “therefore”: Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works (Heb. 10:19-24).

That is, if the sacrifice of Christ, offered once for all, was accepted in heaven itself, effecting forgiveness and gaining access to God, then let us be bold, confident in approaching God assured of our acceptance. Let us be confident, assured of our acceptance there with unwavering faith. Let us persevere through any difficulty with confidence of our final salvation, and let us encourage one another to the same. (Source: Zaspel). Simply now what does this mean? It means no more animal sacrifices for sin offerings which are all now fulfilled in Gods Messiah in Jesus Christ to who they all pointed to and His Work and ministration in the new covenant and the heavenly Sanctuary made without hands of which the earthly Sanctuary was only ever a copy. Sorry you are completely wrong here my friend.
Nonsense. No sacrifice was made. They were conducting a purification ritual. Do you know the difference between sacrifice for sin and purification?
Me thinks not. All you have proven is you do not understand scripture (see above)
I tagged nothing on that I have not already said from the beginning. If you read what you are responding to you would already know this. Your teachings are both unbiblical nonsense and untruthful. There is not a single Christian that would agree with your claims that since Christs death Jewish Christians have to seek Gods forgiveness of sins through animal sacrifices and sin offerings. Be warned Gods is not mocked but you make a mockery of scripture and His Words.