• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the lord and guru is our friend

Sikhism

the true guru is our loving friend

gauVI bYrwgix mhlw 4 ]

Gauree Bairaagan, Fourth Mehl:

hmrY min iciq hir Aws inq ikau dyKw hir drsu qumwrw ]

Within my conscious mind is the constant longing for the Lord. How can I behold the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan, Lord?

ijin pRIiq lweI so jwxqw hmrY min iciq hir bhuqu ipAwrw ]

One who loves the Lord knows this; the Lord is very dear to my conscious mind.

hau kurbwnI gur Awpxy ijin ivCuiVAw myilAw myrw isrjnhwrw ]1]
I am a sacrifice to my Guru, who has re-united me with my Creator Lord; I was separated from Him for such a long time! ||1||

myry rwm hm pwpI srix pry hir duAwir ]
O my Lord, I am a sinner; I have come to Your Sanctuary, and fallen at Your Door, Lord.

mqu inrgux hm mylY kbhUM ApunI ikrpw Dwir ]1] rhwau ]
My intellect is worthless; I am filthy and polluted. Please shower me with Your Mercy sometime. ||1||Pause||

hmry Avgux bhuqu bhuqu hY bhu bwr bwr hir gxq n AwvY ]

My demerits are so many and numerous. I have sinned so many times, over and over again. O Lord, they cannot be counted.

qUM guxvMqw hir hir dieAwlu hir Awpy bKis lYih hir BwvY ]

You, Lord, are the Merciful Treasure of Virtue. When it pleases You, Lord, You forgive me.

hm AprwDI rwKy gur sMgqI aupdysu dIE hir nwmu CfwvY ]2]

I am a sinner, saved only by the Company of the Guru. He has bestowed the Teachings of the Lord's Name, which saves me. ||2||

qumry gux ikAw khw myry siqgurw jb guru bolh qb ibsmu hoie jwie ]

What Glorious Virtues of Yours can I describe, O my True Guru? When the Guru speaks, I am transfixed with wonder.

hm jYsy AprwDI Avru koeI rwKY jYsy hm siqguir rwiK lIey Cfwie ]

Can anyone else save a sinner like me? The True Guru has protected and saved me.

qUM guru ipqw qUMhY guru mwqw qUM guru bMDpu myrw sKw sKwie ]3]

O Guru, You are my father. O Guru, You are my mother. O Guru, You are my relative, companion and friend. ||3||

jo hmrI ibiD hoqI myry siqgurw sw ibiD qum hir jwxhu Awpy ]

My condition, O my True Guru - that condition, O Lord, is known only to You.

hm rulqy iPrqy koeI bwq n pUCqw gur siqgur sMig kIry hm Qwpy ]

I was rolling around in the dirt, and no one cared for me at all. In the Company of the Guru, the True Guru, I, the worm, have been raised up and exalted.

DMnu DMnu gurU nwnk jn kyrw ijqu imilAY cUky siB sog sMqwpy ]4]5]11]49]

Blessed, blessed is the Guru of servant Nanak; meeting Him, all my sorrows and troubles have come to an end. ||4||5||11||49||

Sikhism

wonderous god

the true guru is our loving friend

gauVI bYrwgix mhlw 4 ]

Gauree Bairaagan, Fourth Mehl:

hmrY min iciq hir Aws inq ikau dyKw hir drsu qumwrw ]

Within my conscious mind is the constant longing for the Lord. How can I behold the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan, Lord?

ijin pRIiq lweI so jwxqw hmrY min iciq hir bhuqu ipAwrw ]

One who loves the Lord knows this; the Lord is very dear to my conscious mind.

hau kurbwnI gur Awpxy ijin ivCuiVAw myilAw myrw isrjnhwrw ]1]
I am a sacrifice to my Guru, who has re-united me with my Creator Lord; I was separated from Him for such a long time! ||1||

myry rwm hm pwpI srix pry hir duAwir ]
O my Lord, I am a sinner; I have come to Your Sanctuary, and fallen at Your Door, Lord.

mqu inrgux hm mylY kbhUM ApunI ikrpw Dwir ]1] rhwau ]
My intellect is worthless; I am filthy and polluted. Please shower me with Your Mercy sometime. ||1||Pause||

hmry Avgux bhuqu bhuqu hY bhu bwr bwr hir gxq n AwvY ]

My demerits are so many and numerous. I have sinned so many times, over and over again. O Lord, they cannot be counted.

qUM guxvMqw hir hir dieAwlu hir Awpy bKis lYih hir BwvY ]

You, Lord, are the Merciful Treasure of Virtue. When it pleases You, Lord, You forgive me.

hm AprwDI rwKy gur sMgqI aupdysu dIE hir nwmu CfwvY ]2]

I am a sinner, saved only by the Company of the Guru. He has bestowed the Teachings of the Lord's Name, which saves me. ||2||

qumry gux ikAw khw myry siqgurw jb guru bolh qb ibsmu hoie jwie ]

What Glorious Virtues of Yours can I describe, O my True Guru? When the Guru speaks, I am transfixed with wonder.

hm jYsy AprwDI Avru koeI rwKY jYsy hm siqguir rwiK lIey Cfwie ]

Can anyone else save a sinner like me? The True Guru has protected and saved me.

qUM guru ipqw qUMhY guru mwqw qUM guru bMDpu myrw sKw sKwie ]3]

O Guru, You are my father. O Guru, You are my mother. O Guru, You are my relative, companion and friend. ||3||

jo hmrI ibiD hoqI myry siqgurw sw ibiD qum hir jwxhu Awpy ]

My condition, O my True Guru - that condition, O Lord, is known only to You.

hm rulqy iPrqy koeI bwq n pUCqw gur siqgur sMig kIry hm Qwpy ]

I was rolling around in the dirt, and no one cared for me at all. In the Company of the Guru, the True Guru, I, the worm, have been raised up and exalted.

DMnu DMnu gurU nwnk jn kyrw ijqu imilAY cUky siB sog sMqwpy ]4]5]11]49]

Blessed, blessed is the Guru of servant Nanak; meeting Him, all my sorrows and troubles have come to an end. ||4||5||11||49||

Sikhism

wonderous god

mwJ mhlw 5 ]
maajh mehalaa 5 ||
Maajh, Fifth Mehl:

qUM myrw ipqw qUMhY myrw mwqw ]
thoo(n) maeraa pithaa thoo(n)hai maeraa maathaa ||
You are my Father, and You are my Mother.

qUM myrw bMDpu qUM myrw BRwqw ]
thoo(n) maeraa ba(n)dhhap thoo(n) maeraa bhraathaa ||
You are my Relative, and You are my Brother.

qUM myrw rwKw sBnI QweI qw Bau kyhw kwVw jIau ]1]
thoo(n) maeraa raakhaa sabhanee thhaaee thaa bho kaehaa kaarraa jeeo ||1||
You are my Protector everywhere; why should I feel any fear or anxiety? ||1||

qumrI ik®pw qy quDu pCwxw ]
thumaree kirapaa thae thudhh pashhaanaa ||
By Your Grace, I recognize You.

qUM myrI Et qUMhY myrw mwxw ]
thoo(n) maeree outt thoo(n)hai maeraa maanaa ||
You are my Shelter, and You are my Honor.

quJ ibnu dUjw Avru n koeI sBu qyrw Kylu AKwVw jIau ]2]
thujh bin dhoojaa avar n koee sabh thaeraa khael akhaarraa jeeo ||2||
Without You, there is no other; the entire Universe is the Arena of Your Play. ||2||

jIA jMq siB quDu aupwey ]
jeea ja(n)th sabh thudhh oupaaeae ||
You have created all beings and creatures.

ijqu ijqu Bwxw iqqu iqqu lwey ]
jith jith bhaanaa thith thith laaeae ||
As it pleases You, You assign tasks to one and all.

sB ikCu kIqw qyrw hovY nwhI ikCu AswVw jIau ]3]
sabh kishh keethaa thaeraa hovai naahee kishh asaarraa jeeo ||3||
All things are Your Doing; we can do nothing ourselves. ||3||

nwmu iDAwie mhw suKu pwieAw ]
naam dhhiaae mehaa sukh paaeiaa ||
Meditating on the Naam, I have found great peace.

hir gux gwie myrw mnu sIqlwieAw ]
har gun gaae maeraa man seethalaaeiaa ||
Singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, my mind is cooled and soothed.

guir pUrY vjI vwDweI nwnk ijqw ibKwVw jIau ]4]24]31]
gur poorai vajee vaadhhaaee naanak jithaa bikhaarraa jeeo ||4||24||31||
Through the Perfect Guru, congratulations are pouring in-Nanak is victorious on the arduous battlefield of life! ||4||24||31||

anders

Sat Sri Akal Ji,

As you can see, there is no Gurmukhi font available here., so the original text in your posts is lost on us.

Just quoting from Sri Guru Granth Sahib or any other book is just not interesting. Try to state the points you want to make, giving your own (not just copypasted) opinion. There are so many interesting things in SGGS that you should find that approach easy.

I hope you'll be back soon with something to discuss.

Sikhism

Anders, what better way to show what sikhism is really about then to show a shabadh directly from the guru with translations so everyone can try making sense of it? of course if you have any queries then i'll do best best to answer clearly. anyway i have given my point or opinion that god and the guru is our loving friend, and then a shabadh directly from the guru granth sahib ji to show why i have this opinion.
i didnt think i needed to discuss any further as this particular shabad is easy to understand and the message is clear!
the guru granth sahib is written in gurmukhi script and many different languages, so translations are provided under each line.

Waheguru Jee Kaa Khaalsaa! Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh!

Surya Deva

I agree with Anders. If you simply just posts bulks of text from the SSSG, the topic just isn't interesting and will not insipire anyone to learn more about it. I am interested more in your opinion of it and why do you think these verses should be discussed. All I can see is "God is our friend" is that really a big revelation that will surprise everybody here?

Moreover, there is no point posting the original Gurmakhi text, as most people here will not be able to read it anyway and nor is the script shown. All I can see is qUM myrw ipqw qUMhY myrw mwqw - That is meaningless, even to somebody who can read Gurmakhi.