• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
signs_11.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
One way I win is to store up some words to be used assuming I remember them of course. One is

Comflogisticate is a verb meaning “to utterly confuse someone,” or “to embarrass or somehow show a person up.” It was coined in the early 1800s as part of a faddy trend for inventing new nonsense words with a little Latin-sounding pizazz. Similar words that showed up around that time included flusticate (“to confuse”), conflabberate (“to upset”), and bamblustercate (variously used to mean “to embarrass,” “to confuse,” or according to one definition at least, “to hoax in a blustering manner.”) The latter is an example of a nonce word—a term coined for a very specific purpose, and likely used only once.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The covid post-shot yucky is leaving quickly this time. So I'm happier than I was most of today. That's a win. And given my age and the medical recommendation that I'm following (shot every 6 months), it's a double win.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
The covid post-shot yucky is leaving quickly this time. So I'm happier than I was most of today. That's a win. And given my age and the medical recommendation that I'm following (shot every 6 months), it's a double win.
Six months is 3 and half years in dog years, so that doesn't sound too bad.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
By now, I imagine, a fair amount of the circulating dollar bills have been tucked in undergarments.

I'm reminded of a study I read about way back in the 1980s. They analyzed a number of $20 and $100 bills (and possibly other denominations but I don't recall all the details) and found the majority of them had trace amounts of cocaine in them.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm reminded of a study I read about way back in the 1980s. They analyzed a number of $20 and $100 bills (and possibly other denominations but I don't recall all the details) and found the majority of them had trace amounts of cocaine in them.
I think there are several studies that come to the same conclusion.

Don't know if there has been any studies of paper money or coins as a vector for diseases.