• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
The music and arrangement. Not a fan huh?

I'm not a huge fan of Marilyn Manson, but I like a few of the songs.

The version you posted also reminds me of another band, just can't recall which one.
From a musical standpoint, Manson's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

On another note, he's completely obnoxious.

Lastly, I've had so many people come up to me and say "You must be a Manson fan!" No! No, I'm not! Lemme alone!

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member

Lastly, I've had so many people come up to me and say "You must be a Manson fan!" No! No, I'm not! Lemme alone!
I was thinking of the style of the music. There are shared elements. I hadn't heard another version of the song and rather like that one that you posted.

Manson wasn't the first thought in finding music to draw a comparison, but it was the band whose name I could remember. I'm still trying to think of the other band that also incorporates similar elements.

I promise, I will not mistake you for a Marilyn Manson fan.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

I agree about him personally. He is obnoxious.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I was thinking of the style of the music. There are shared elements. I hadn't heard another version of the song and rather like that one that you posted.

Manson wasn't the first thought in finding music to draw a comparison, but it was the band whose name I could remember. I'm still trying to think of the other band that also incorporates similar elements.

I promise, I will not mistake you for a Marilyn Manson fan.
Nine Inch Nails?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

I may have been thinking about Disturbed as having a similar sound. I'll think about it.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Nine Inch Nails?
I am experiencing another of my sudden interest episodes. Over the last couple of weeks I'm suddenly interested in LA Guns and Tone Loc. I never really listened to LA Guns before and haven't listened to Tone Loc in a long time. The interest just cropped up like usual, out of seeming no where.

I don't explain it. Just know I have the habit and ride it out.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I am experiencing another of my sudden interest episodes. Over the last couple of weeks I'm suddenly interested in LA Guns and Tone Loc. I never really listened to LA Guns before and haven't listened to Tone Loc in a long time. The interest just cropped up like usual, out of seeming no where.

I don't explain it. Just know I have the habit and ride it out.
Haven't heard of them.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
This is Jane from Dick and Jane

61rsXqP1WyL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg