• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Land of Parrots

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I watched a documentary called Australia: The Land of Parrots so here's my locals, all photos were taken within walking distance of my house, several were taken in my yard.

Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoos.

DSC_0304 -1.jpg

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
@John53

Thanks for sharing all those photos. We have no birds here that are comparable. Those colors are amazing.

Some of them are so common here it's easy to take them for granted. Rainbow Lorikeets are usually at the top of the list of any bird survey I do. It's not unusual to see hundreds a day and when the eucalypt trees are in flower there's thousands of them.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
These are outstanding and such incredible subjects too.

It pains me that you only have this within walking distance. How do you manage to bother going out? LOL!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
It would be a difficult proposition to pick out a favorite, but I like the way this guy (girl?) looks.

Female, the males lack the yellow on the back of the head and shoulders. They're the rarest of that lot for around here, I've only seen them on 3 occasions. I'll post a male when I get on the computer.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Female, the males lack the yellow on the back of the head and shoulders. They're the rarest of that lot for around here, I've only seen them on 3 occasions. I'll post a male when I get on the computer.
Thanks for the info. Not sure why that first species stood out for me, but took a shine to them for some reason.