• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The incredible shrinking God.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
My point substantiated. Good to know truth is as malleable as a deist's vague, ambiguous description of what they consider a "creator". No surprise there. And yeah, it is a religious education site, not a "pander to the easily offended non-arguments of theists" site. Education doesn't mean being politely spoon fed what your biases already mistakenly accept. Education means having your core beliefs challenged, shocked and yes, even offended.

Damn it I have no problem being Challenged, No problem answering about what I believe when asked. What I do have a problem with friend is when as a Theist I am called Ignorant, Stupid, Childish, and Mentally Ill for believe in gods and goddess, it gets trier seem at times. Really though, how it that any different then when some Theist call Atheist unmoral, hateful, and all that just because you guys don't believe in god.

themadhair

Really though, how it that any different then when some Theist call Atheist unmoral, hateful, and all that just because you guys don't believe in god.
I don’t recall a scenario when such had a hissy fit on a thread without anything close to resembling sufficient provocation.

mickiel

RF is still overwhelmingly populated by theists- I suspect the whinging of some posters is a reflection of their frustration and/or inability to actually mount a coherent defense of their theism(s). The non-theistic presence here is tame, overwhelmingly polite and bends over backwards for even the most moronic of posters.

Good greif, what are you looking at. This is so far from reality, I just couldnot believe reading it. Some Atheist here remind me of a " Pack", they group up and come at you non stop. I rather enjoy it, its a great excercise in standing your ground and seeing how much power you really have.

Peace.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Good greif, what are you looking at. This is so far from reality, I just couldnot believe reading it. Some Atheist here remind me of a " Pack", they group up and come at you non stop. I rather enjoy it, its a great excercise in standing your ground and seeing how much power you really have.

Peace.

You complain rather vocally about something you claim to enjoy.

Bedlam

Improperly Undefined
Read some of the archived material here, then tell me that Atheists on this site are worse than any other place.

We Atheists aren't a pack of wild dogs. In a lot of cases we don't agree with each other to the point where we argue much more than when we're in a heated debate with Theists. I personally remember an earlier thread I was in where another Atheist slammed me repeatedly for using the word Evolution outside of its literal definition.

I personally feel no emotional bias towards said Atheist one way or another for disagreeing with me, even with insults flying. A heated debate usually involves a few cheap shots, and sometimes they're the best part of the debate.

And yes, this is a debate forum. I CANNOT stress that enough. Even the title graphic at the top of each pages says,

"Discuss, Compare and Debate Religions in Our Online Community".

Furthermore, this thread is posted in the Religious Debates section of the board. I leave Theists alone when they post on their personal section of the forums, but when they come into the debate boards spouting idiotic nonsense, you can bet they're going to get slammed.

Theists aren't innocent in this either. I have seen condescension coupled with downright childish insults come from Theists on a regular basis, especially when the Atheist has more knowledge of the religion than the Theist.

Personally I find humor in everything, even when someone is firing profanity in my direction. But then I suppose that's my major problem with religion. You're not allowed to make fun of it.

themadhair

I personally remember an earlier thread I was in where another Atheist slammed me repeatedly for using the word Evolution outside of its literal definition.
That was me wasn’t it?

I personally feel no emotional bias towards said Atheist one way or another for disagreeing with me, even with insults flying. A heated debate usually involves a few cheap shots, and sometimes they're the best part of the debate.
I agree.

mickiel

Read some of the archived material here, then tell me that Atheists on this site are worse than any other place.

We Atheists aren't a pack of wild dogs. In a lot of cases we don't agree with each other to the point where we argue much more than when we're in a heated debate with Theists. I personally remember an earlier thread I was in where another Atheist slammed me repeatedly for using the word Evolution outside of its literal definition.

I think you make some good points here that I agree with. But Atheist, as well as Theist, can and will group up, not that its wrong to do that, but I think its wrong to deny it. But you respond with reason, and I respect that. Its the unreasonable response that can garner no respect. When the unreasonable expect the result of reason, that is always a sign of immaturity. I think Atheist can be either, reasonable or unreasdonable, as well as Theist.

And we just have good examples of both.

Peace.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
My point substantiated. Good to know truth is as malleable as a deist's vague, ambiguous description of what they consider a "creator". No surprise there. And yeah, it is a religious education site, not a "pander to the easily offended non-arguments of theists" site. Education doesn't mean being politely spoon fed what your biases already mistakenly accept. Education means having your core beliefs challenged, shocked and yes, even offended.

Now wait just a dog-gone minute! My description of God is not vague or ambiguous, God is most definitely...uh........wait......OK...... never mind....;)

gzusfrk

Christian
God – creator of the entire universe. A universe that spans billions of light years and contains hundreds of billions of galaxies, trillions of stars and trillions of planets and moons. He does all this with a spoken word. This is how God started out. Pretty damn impressive.

By the time of Noah, God was reduced to flooding an insignificant speck in the cosmos.

By the time of Moses, his best trick was moving a tiny portion of a minor sea aside for a short while.

By the time of Jesus, he has to send a delegate on his behalf who leaves behind only rumors that he was able to turn water into another beverage, or render himself extra buoyant.

Now it counts as a miracle if a water stain grows mold that kind of looks like a bearded face which could be claimed to resemble this supposed delegate.

Any reason we can't get a light show or something from the big guy? Why does God now hide from us - when according to the bible, he's done magic tricks for prior generations on a regular basis?

This absence of miracles is consistent with an imaginary God. His silence is consistent with an imaginary God.
He is done, He has done His job, He sent Jesus,It's your turn

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es

Peace.
Power? Yes, we, my fellow companions of misery, darkness and atheistic hedonism, wield absolute power here at one forum amongst tens of thousands scattered across the internet. We collectively pull the strings of this site and manipulate all within.

You want real debate? Come debate here or better yet here: www.rantsnraves.org. Little moderation at the first one and a collection of PhDs in philosophy, biology, etc. The second has no moderation to speak of. It's glorious anarchy.

Last edited:

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
No, its sarcasm, a way of life and communication that hides a deeply rooted sorrow and confusion.

Peace.
Is that what sarcasm hides? Sorrow and confusion? Please join those forums and we'll discuss! I'm sure you have much to offer those seeking enlightenment, a new way of life and communication!

Hmmm.... no sorrow. No confusion. Just plain ol' sarcasm.

If sarcasm hides sorrow and confusion does that mean your posts hide an abject ignorance behind the nice yet irrelevant sig' of "Peace" at the end of your posting nonsense?

mickiel

Is that what sarcasm hides? Sorrow and confusion? Please join those forums and we'll discuss! I'm sure you have much to offer those seeking enlightenment, a new way of life and communication!

?

A direct mind that is clear in its thoughts, gives an answer just the same. A sarcastic mind gives just that in answer, because its the meat of what it has to offer. Indirect, morbid humor, surreal thinking. Obvious to me, plain to me, simple to my mind. A flood of sarcasm exist, because sarcastic minds exist. Sarcasm- to speak bitterly, cutting expression, a caustic remark, a gibe, a tuant, the employment of ironic language, a bitter laugh, to tear the flesh like dogs.

Now all these dynamics exist in the mind of the speaker using sarcasm. A speaker that uses it continually, simply is displaying how they think continually. This way of speaking is transparent, and I see through it.

Peace.

rojse

RF Addict
Excellent observation, I have noticed this also. I think its because the site has a lot of Atheist moderators, and is frequented by many sarcastic young adults. New age youths who know no other way to comminucate, than the heavy use of sarcasm, which is a new age slag of speaking. It is mixed with humor, criticism, surrealism and stand offisnish. But a very heavy presence of Atheist, who need a religious board to throw their darts at. But Atheist are an excellent partener to joust with, if you deal with them in the right manner, it only excercises your belief.

Peace.

I never see the need to make fun of religion - some people of a religious nature manage to make fun of themselves far better than what I could do.