• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Imperishable Star v. IV sneak peak

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
The reason I believe the OS newsletter to be important has nothing to do with me. It's a group of well versed and diverse occultists coming together to share their ideas - openly and freely. It's hard to imagine any occultist, seeker, or even academic being unable to appreciate such a thing. Below you will find small snippets from the upcoming newsletter. There is a variety of information from psychology to trapezoidal magic, rituals and invocations to history and sociology.

Invocation of Set

Onyx - Setian

i, Brother of Set, Do not Kneel or Bow, For We are Kindred in Spirit, And Unnatural in Essence

Magic Askew

Onyx - Setian

This is a cursory guide on how to create "trapezoidal" (or "angular") environments for ritual workings, inspired by Anton LaVey's “Law of the Trapezoid.” It has become one of the foremost Satanic concepts for me, as it can be applied in so many ways. My main motivation here is to suggest trappings that lend themselves to working in a very dark environment, which is my preference. To follow is a collection of ideas related to Trapezoidal Magic, use them to your advantage as you may.

Liber Draconis

King Mob - Acosmic Draconian

Albert Camus’ Absurdist philosophy highlights just how difficult it is to escape the world of illusion and why it is so important to do so. The Myth of Sisyphus is Camus’ essay as a response to his problem with Existentialists. In it he states “At any street corner the feeling of absurdity can strike any man in the face. As it is, in its distressing nudity, in its light without effulgence, it is elusive. But that very difficulty deserves reflection.” For Albert Camus, to experience the Absurd was to open yourself up to “the gentle indifference of the world” and to see it as it is when the stage sets collapse. When we break ourselves of our illusions for the first time, the natural human response is to search for a “why?” Many people choose settle for a religion or philosophy, and Existentialists often create their own meaning. Yet they simply commit philosophical suicide and fall for the delusions of the Demi-Urge for the sake of comfort. This philosophy is where I begin to differ with the typical Nihilistic Anticosmic Satanists, as Nihilism is another worldly philosophy and leap of faith. To say that “Nothing is true” is a logical fallacy as that would imply the statement itself is indeed a lie and denies the Absurd nature of existence. However, it is important to note that while truisms do exist, what is often inferred from this truisms are wild leaps that cannot be proven.

Church of Satan State of the Union (Part I)

W Adam Smythe - Satanist

How many of you have found The Satanic Bible and other writings by Anton Szandor LaVey, found yourself there? How many of you thought you understood and recognized yourself in those writings? How many of you that fit in both of those categories, then went on to find the CoS™, only to have it directly stated or implied by members of the cooperation, the hierarchy, or both that nope, you didn’t know a thing?

Abraham Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs

Xepera maSet - Setian

Self-Actualized individuals have a consistent view of reality that works for them (Pragmatism) but does not contradict objective reality – or at least they recognize where it is at odds with objective reality (such as in magic). They may seem a bit aloof and removed, but have a deep care for the well-being of not only loved ones but the human species as a whole, and life as a whole in many cases. These individuals will be creative and “dreamy” but also able to experience the here-and-now, the day to day and moment to moment aspects of life.

The Shift from Seth and Atman to God and Adam

Agape Therion - Thelemite

Seth, just as Atman, is the most essential Self, the deepest defining characteristics of mind, no more, no less. And, as with Atman, the various layers on top of that underlying base are what we call typically the "self": the tastes, traits, and desires of the person. This Platonic form style deity, however, bears nearly no resemblance to the God of the Abrahamic and Zoroastrian faiths. The discrepancy between the two has an interesting history and a plethora of potential causes and roots, but finds itself best situated in a transition from an amoralist tit-for-tat society and a moralistic, state-run society, and the hangups of the ruling class in the latter.

Three Alternative Symbols for Left Hand Path Use

Xepera maSet - Setian

This symbol was used to symbolize Set in both the Pyramid and the Coffin Texts. Especially with the latter, this was used instead of Set’s name or the Set Animal because he had already been demonized – one in several times it would occur. Herman Te Velde, among others, translated this symbol to mean “Separator” or “Isolator”. This fits with Set being a deity outside of the cosmic order, separate from the other gods.

The Plague of the Satanic Hegemony

MindMaster - Theistic Satanist

The plague in question is the domination of popular media by various Satanic groups. They have taken upon themselves to berate, belittle, and disenfranchise others. They lie and distort the truth but claim authority in such matters – as if there is any authority that matters but one's own. Hegemony is a curious word that describes our poison. However, what does it mean?

The Paradox of the Black Flame

Setamontet - Setian

Here lies the paradox, a double-edged sword scenario: as we continue to Xeper, both individually, microcosmically, and macrocosmically as the human race – as we continue to evolve more and more in being, as we must in order to keep the Black Flame burning – we are strengthening its powers within us. Thus, in the process our intellects and ambitions, our emotions, our human/animalistic predisposition for dominance over the world and control over other weaker creatures are magnified.

Immersive Theater as Melodrama and Ritual

King Mob - Acosmic Draconian

Occultism and theater have always been entwined. In the Planetary Magick volume of Gems from The Equinox, a series of 7 Planetary rituals that Crowley wrote almost short plays for, and designed to be performed seven nights in a row at a theater. Shakespeare is also notably linked to the Occult both by the inspiring sections and title of the Book of Oberon, an old Grimoire from the time of Shakespeare, and MacBeth. MacBeth is known as “the Scottish play” and it’s known to be a cursed play, where it is seen a bad luck to say the name of MacBeth [in a theater]. This is sometimes linked to the famous conjuration by the three witches. These witches and their worship of Hekate has also led to rumors of the play being divinely inspired by Hekate herself. In fact, once I finish that glass of Absinthe which puts me in a shamanic state of gnosis, I’ll be immersed in the world of MacBeth for two hours.

The Rite of Blasphemy aka The Guide to Going to Hell Forever

MindMaster - Theistic Satanist

The purpose of the rite is to formally reject the beliefs you've been subjected to. You could modify it to any faith, it's just a framework. It's even pretty useful in the context where there are some residual beliefs remaining. I'm a Theistic Satanist, so it's written to that direction, but I have no doubt you could modify it to work for anything. I don't believe in The Bible, but this is just in case some part of you does unknown to you. A spiritual sanity check, if you will.

Aiwaz as Satan

Frater V.I.M. - Thelemic Satanist

Proclaiming Satan as the author of Liber AL is NOT an assertion that Liber AL was written by a fallen god of “evil” rebelling against the Cosmos. Proclaiming Satan as the author of Liber AL is instead an assertion that orthodox religions have been entirely wrong as to THEIR characterization of the being known as SATAN, and Liber AL is Satan’s Gospel to man, whom He Loves.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
PxxzxXz.png