• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Human Soul

JamesYaqub

Nobody Special
It's really pretty straightforward.

God created. All theistic religions are close to agreement here.

What I will say now is not derived from any body of religious belief. I is my own beliefs based on my life experiences.

Most religions teach that the soul is some intangible component of a human being. They often refer to the human personality as though it has control over the soul. This is not so. The human soul has a existence of it's own and does not need a human body. The soul is composed of mental matter. It exists on the mental, spiritual plane. When a human baby is born a soul connects to it and remains thus engaged for the duration of the human life. The soul is merely attached to the body. The soul is in no way subservient to the human personality. There is nothing a man can do that will condemn his soul. Nothing.

The human soul is created by God in the spirit world. I remains there for eternity. At times it connects to a body in order to gain experience and thus wisdom by having access to the physical planet. When the body dies the memories of the lifetime just past are stored in the soul. The human body is temporal. So is the human personality because it is no more than a result of genetics and life conditions.

God's purpose in creating souls is that they will eventually grow into advanced spiritual beings. They cannot do this by remaining in spirit because in spirit it is impossible for any clashes of ideas. Souls cannot associate with other souls which are of differing points in development. Only on earth can souls of all degrees mix freely.

This explains reincarnation but with a twist. It is not correct to say "I have lived many lives" because the "I" is intended to mean the body/personality of the present. Remember that the body/personality is temporary. It is more correct to say that our souls have lived many times because the soul projects itself into new bodies, one after another. The soul retains memories of all the personalities it has used on earth and uses this body of experience in it's quest for enlightenment. Hundreds or thousands of human body/personality/lower mind combinations are perishable. The memories of the experiences they provided is eternal and resides with the soul.

If a person, in hypnosis, remembers a past life what is really happening is that contact with the soul is made and the memory of someone else's life is quoted. Not just anyone else though. Another lifetime of the same soul. What all these lives have in common is the soul. Not complicated.

The existences in the spirit world are very different from those on earth. Earth body personalities are of all sorts. They behave in all different ways. They are motivated by earth bound minds and personalities. In spirit the soul is a much higher mind. One that is incapable of fear, jealousy, competitiveness, or hate. It is a much purer mind.

These things are not commonly known. The reason is because the immaturity of the personality mind is almost always too low to appreciate the truth of it. Religions promote the idea of being good and earning rewards. This is adequate for most of humanity and is why religions are so dominant. If the average person knew that eternal damnation was impossible he/she might well use that knowledge in a negative way by saying: "Hell let's do what we want while here.... party time". This would be a complete waste of a lifetime from the soul's viewpoint. Better for humans to be wary and fearful.

Evidence of the soul mind? There are two areas, two divisions, in the human mind. The lower is of the personality only. Genetics and conditioning apply. The higher is where we go to engage in abstract or intuitive thinking. When the thinker engages his higher mind he is, in reality, connecting with his soul. He thus has access to everything the soul has ever learned in it's long history. Do we have a conscience? The little voice that whispers in the ear of a mature person is the voice of the soul warning us of danger ahead. Spiritually immature people are incapable of contacting their souls. This is why some of us have strong consciences and some have none at all. Consider the criminal who is unrepentant as opposed to a man who refuses to be dishonest.

There are souls of all experience levels on earth. We are all of differing ages in spiritual maturity. It does not follow that advanced souls will appear in positions of leadership in the world. Very often the reverse is true. This is why some people in responsible positions act like petulant children.

Sorry for the length of this. Should you believe what I say? Only if it rings true to you. If not, reject it.