• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Human Mind A Form of AI

jasonwill2

I've done some considerable thinking in the past about the idea of our intelligence being a modification or an addition to a previous mental and evolutionary state. I must admit that I never gave it much thought until I heard some ancient astronaut theories that grabbed my interest but I find it very plausible that our development could have been aided long ago.

On further research, ancient astronaut theories are supported by very weak evidence and mostly conjecture. And at that most of that evidence is not looked at in the context of where it came from, and is based on misunderstandings.

There is nothing plausible about the theories.

On further research, ancient astronaut theories are supported by very weak evidence and mostly conjecture. And at that most of that evidence is not looked at in the context of where it came from, and is based on misunderstandings.

There is nothing plausible about the theories.

As I said, a few interested me. Evidence or not, there's nothing that doesn't allow for the modification of our genes at some point in the past. Lack of proof doesn't necessarily mean that the proof doesn't exist somewhere.

Do I actually believe it likely that it happened though? Eh, not really. You are right when you say they're supported by very weak evidence. It seems some of the claims are just a series of vague correlations.

Still, it's what initially got me to even give the notion a second thought. I prefer to draw up my own ideas and try not to base my thinking on just a few bits of potential misinformation. Maybe the theories themselves aren't plausible but I think there being even a romote chance that something similar could have happened is good enough reason for me not to chalk the idea in its broadest sense wholeheartedly.

jasonwill2

As I said, a few interested me. Evidence or not, there's nothing that doesn't allow for the modification of our genes at some point in the past. Lack of proof doesn't necessarily mean that the proof doesn't exist somewhere.

Do I actually believe it likely that it happened though? Eh, not really. You are right when you say they're supported by very weak evidence. It seems some of the claims are just a series of vague correlations.

Still, it's what initially got me to even give the notion a second thought. I prefer to draw up my own ideas and try not to base my thinking on just a few bits of potential misinformation. Maybe the theories themselves aren't plausible but I think there being even a romote chance that something similar could have happened is good enough reason for me not to chalk the idea in its broadest sense wholeheartedly.

Fair enough.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Even if we were genetically altered by aliens, we still cannot be AIs. Our processes that came from those mutations are still natural rather than artificial.