• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The human experience of Christ

Deidre

Thought it would be good to share passages or videos of humans who encountered Jesus, and how the passage touches you. For me, the woman caught in adultery and the woman by the well are two passages that stand out to me, because it shows how encountering Jesus, changed these women. The woman caught in adultery realizes at that very moment that no men in her culture treated her with respect, like Jesus. He wasn't interested in her ''sin,'' he was interested in her as a person, and lifting her up.

The woman by the well realizes that she has met the Messiah, and she just knows it. In my turning away from Christianity, I realize He was always there for me. He was always waiting. The ''encounter'' that I've had recently with the Holy Spirit (there is no other explanation than this) helps me realize that I was wrong about the Bible, and that these people felt touched by God. The stories are not logical, and there is no evidence to 'show' someone that God exists. But, for me...He does. :heart:

Please feel free to share your own.

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
((thank you)) You turned away as well?

I did, indeed. In my experience, becoming a UU was a terrible decision. I left the Christian religion looking for inner peace and truth in all different religions and philosophies, but I ended up becoming lost and confused, suffering mental torment by the endless seeking, finding, and seeking, like a withering flower, looking to taste the calming rain. I found truths of value to be sure, but I could not find the Truth...until I looked back to Christ Jesus. Now, as a Christian, I have a peace and joy so limitless, which cannot be found nor duplicated elsewhere. Soli Deo Gloria!

roger1440

I do stuff
Thought it would be good to share passages or videos of humans who encountered Jesus, and how the passage touches you. For me, the woman caught in adultery and the woman by the well are two passages that stand out to me, because it shows how encountering Jesus, changed these women. The woman caught in adultery realizes at that very moment that no men in her culture treated her with respect, like Jesus. He wasn't interested in her ''sin,'' he was interested in her as a person, and lifting her up.

The woman by the well realizes that she has met the Messiah, and she just knows it. In my turning away from Christianity, I realize He was always there for me. He was always waiting. The ''encounter'' that I've had recently with the Holy Spirit (there is no other explanation than this) helps me realize that I was wrong about the Bible, and that these people felt touched by God. The stories are not logical, and there is no evidence to 'show' someone that God exists. But, for me...He does. :heart:

So many of you look for something in that story that is so simple. Look at the well.

Deidre

I did, indeed. In my experience, becoming a UU was a terrible decision. I left the Christian religion looking for inner peace and truth in all different religion, I ended up becoming lost and confused, suffering mental torment by the endless seeking, finding, and seeking. Like a withering flower, looking to taste the calming rain. I found truths of value to be sure, but I could not find the Truth...until I looked back to Christ Jesus. Now, as a Christian, I have a peace and joy so limitless, which cannot be found nor duplicated elsewhere. Soli Deo Gloria!

Wow, that's truly amazing. Like you, the path led in a few different directions and I'm at peace, and have a joy...a radiance. It's awesome. Never ever ever would have thought I'd return to Christianity. Thank you for sharing. What is a Bible passage that stands out for you? (as being meaningful)

roger1440

I do stuff
Wow, that's truly amazing. Like you, the path led in a few different directions and I'm at peace, and have a joy...a radiance. It's awesome. Never ever ever would have thought I'd return to Christianity. Thank you for sharing. What is a Bible passage that stands out for you? (as being meaningful)
You are asking me to discriminate. I can not. The entire Bible is the name of God.

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member

One of my favorites from when I was growing up was Psalm 27:1:

“The LORD is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid?”

popsthebuilder

the story at the well is a retelling of a much older story
What's your point? History repeats itself over and over and over in hopes that one day humanity might grasp the concept of God mercy and salvation in the narrow righteous path that we are to follow under God.

roger1440

I do stuff
What's your point? History repeats itself over and over and over in hopes that one day humanity might grasp the concept of God mercy and salvation in the narrow righteous path that we are to follow under God.
There is no history. We only have now. In both Jewish and Christian scripture water has much significance. Moses met his wife at a well.

popsthebuilder

There is no history. We only have now. In both Jewish and Christian scripture water has much significance. Moses met his wife at a well.
There's much history everywhere and lessons to be learned through history everywhere. The Bible is the recount of historical events and also a way to live for today and also prophetic writing of tomorrow. Scriptures of other monotheistic religions of a peaceable nature are also related to the Bible and Abrahamic religion and even religions of the same origin before Abrahamic religion. Lessons and unity can be pulled from all of It.