• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Holy Ghost or Human Emotion

nutshell

My wife asked me last night how to tell the difference between feeling the Holy Ghost and regular human emotion. I admit I was a little stumped at first and we finally came to the conclusion that if you are doing something "right" and feel good, then that is the Holy Ghost. Does anyone have a better explanation than this? :help:

Aqualung

Tasty
nutshell said:
My wife asked me last night how to tell the difference between feeling the Holy Ghost and regular human emotion. I admit I was a little stumped at first and we finally came to the conclusion that if you are doing something "right" and feel good, then that is the Holy Ghost. Does anyone have a better explanation than this? :help:
No, and I've wondered that myself. soem Help I am...:bonk:

jonny

This is a great link on that subject: http://emp.byui.edu/marrottr/SpiritualityOrEmotional.htm

I have always felt that it is important to remember that our emotions are not necessarily the Spirit, but they are how our body reacts to the knowledge the spirit has given us.

Boyd K. Packer said, "The spiritual part of us and the emotional part of us are so closely linked that it is possible to mistake an emotional impulse for something spiritual. We occasionally find people who receive what they assume to be spiritual promptings from God, when those promptings are either centered in the emotions or are from the adversary."