• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Historical Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

angellous_evangellous

Really? I'd still give the cake to the "Jesus was Caesar" guy.

Yes. I do my best not to read crap.

There's always a bigger fish. Just when you think something is the stupidest thing you've ever read, there's always something worse.

Good thing is that I can tell very, very quickly if something I pick up is garbage -- so most of the stuff that I read is delightful [I'm reviewing two scholarly books now, and both of them are great, in addition to my daily research].

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Regardless the articles written or yet to be written on Saint Nicholas, Santa Claus is based on myth.

If there was a Jesus (Yeshua)....he was a nobody. He wasn't worth the Roman's time to even deal with him. Take away the magic and and you have a man who bare the characteristics of most activist throughout history. He said nothing new that had not had already been said before him. He did nothing new or extraordinary that had not already been done. He gained widespread support after his death when people began to hype up his life and accomplishments. Again...that's if he even existed.....

A

angellous_evangellous

Regardless the articles written or yet to be written on Saint Nicholas, Santa Claus is based on myth.

Santa Claus is based on Saint Nick, who is not a myth.

Once again laziness meets ignorance. I suspect that you didn't read the article?

You're making assertions about something that you don't care to even look up on wikipedia and get the most basic knowledge on the subject?

You are showing the same contempt for knowledge that is symptomatic ...

You didn't even care to read this... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus

... particularly ---

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus#Early_Christian_origins

Saint Nicholas of Myra is the primary inspiration for the Christian figure of Santa Claus. He was a 4th-century Greek Christian bishop of Myra (now Demre) in Lycia, a province of the Byzantine Anatolia, now in Turkey. Nicholas was famous for his generous gifts to the poor,

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.