• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hidden Dangers of Early Enlightenment

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow earthlings!

Here is a site I discovered just now in my wanderings. May be of some value or interest to some of the more curious among you?

A little taste -

I once knew a yoga teacher who would joke how awakening would never happen to her – she wasn’t far enough along the path, or didn’t know enough, or wasn’t enough.

She had this idea that awakening only happened to spiritually advanced people, or special people.

Yet, by all accounts, awakening can happen to anyone, anywhere, at anytime.

Why? Because awakening is nothing special. It is merely the shift from total identification with the mind – I am my thoughts – to an experience of awareness or the field of being in which those thoughts arise – I am thinking those thoughts (and they’re likely not true). Eventually, the ‘I’ that is thinking those thoughts also disappears, leaving only perception, or consciousness, behind.

More of that article here -

The Hidden Dangers of Early Enlightenment

It looks an excellent site so far ...

Enjoy your day!

:)

Last edited:

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Why? Because awakening is nothing special. It is merely the shift from total identification with the mind – I am my thoughts – to an experience of awareness or the field of being in which those thoughts arise – I am thinking those thoughts (and they’re likely not true). Eventually, the ‘I’ that is thinking those thoughts also disappears, leaving only perception, or consciousness, behind.

This conscious awareness is thinking (dreaming) of a warm, sunny beach; the shade of palm trees; a gentle breeze; and a boogie board.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
This conscious awareness is thinking (dreaming) of a warm, sunny beach; the shade of palm trees; a gentle breeze; and a boogie board.

Are you close to a beach? We have some beauts in Oz -

au1919.jpg

Australian Beaches photos & information

:)