• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Guardian gets it wrong

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
http://www.theguardian.com/politics...n-chris-grayling-peddling-myths-eu-referendum

The leader of the Commons [Chris Grayling] wrote: “We have reached what I believe is a crucial crossroads for the United Kingdom. The crisis in the eurozone and the migration challenge have led to calls for still more integration and a move towards much greater political union. It is a path that the UK will not and should not follow.”

The leader of the Commons is correct.
This was already clarified in the Five President's Report by Juncker.

He [Damian Green] told the Today programme on BBC Radio 4 on Thursday: “I think [Chris] is peddling myths about Britain in Europe ... The key myth in Chris’s article is when he says there are calls for still more integration. It is a very explicit and very important part of the prime minister’s renegotiation that Britain won’t be committed to ‘ever closer union’. That is actually a big change in our relationship with the rest of the EU.”

"Le myth" "le myth".
Spouting "myth" and then making his point with the Prime Minister's "renegotiation" (it isn't even that) makes this man a total laughing stock.

The peoples of Europe, in creating an ever closer union among them, are resolved to share a peaceful future based on common values.

He told Today: “I am fascinated he says carrying on as we are would be disastrous for Britain. He and I fought an election campaign last year, a successful election campaign, in which we told the British people we were creating more jobs, we’d kept inflation down, we were bringing the deficit down, were creating millions of newapprenticeships. We have done all that as members of the EU. It seems to me a bit odd to say nine months later: ‘Oh it is all disastrous.’”

I doubt Grayling mentioned the EU being an economic disaster (it isn't) though--but, of course, the only way Remain can win any arguments is with strawmen.

Grayling is keen to mark out his territory as a leading opponent of Britain’s EU membership to ensure he can play a significant role in the Vote Leave campaign when cabinet collective responsibility is lifted.

Please no. If Vote Leave win the Electoral Comission designation, we're f*cked. Especially with this London-centric who is still going to wait-and-see whatabout Cameron's areas of reform.

He [Chris Bryant] added: “Apparently the business secretary [Sajid Javid] is going to pretend that he’s in favour of leaving the EU so as to bolster the prospects of his favourite candidate for leader, the chancellor. But, Mr Speaker, this really isn’t a game. It’s not about the leadership prospects of one or other Tory minister. It’s about our constituents’ jobs. It’s about our standing as a nation.”

It’s about our constituents’ jobs
God, these people really have no arguments. If we actually had competent people given the air-time for the Leave group, opinion polls would put Remain at 0%.
They're so pathetic.
They rehash the same old tosh.
They're going to win, anyways..

Altfish

Veteran Member
I imagine you as the Kenny Everett character "Angry of Mayfair" telling the truth since 1980.