• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Goofiest Word

Two-bit guru

Writing a piece recently I typed "kerflooey" and the spell check said it wasn't a word. Spell check recommended "kerfuffle" which is a word. Of course, I think kerflooey is a word, too.

Kerfuffle means commotion, agitation, disorder.

Do you know a goofy word and it's meaning? Or can you invent one and its meaning? After all, all of our words weren't words before someone said they were.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

orcel

Amature Theologian
Writing a piece recently I typed "kerflooey" and the spell check said it wasn't a word. Spell check recommended "kerfuffle" which is a word. Of course, I think kerflooey is a word, too.

Kerfuffle means commotion, agitation, disorder.

Do you know a goofy word and it's meaning? Or can you invent one and its meaning? After all, all of our words weren't words before someone said they were.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Though I'm not terrible interested in creating words, I've been fighting for years to strike the work asparagus from the leicon, in favor of the more accurate phrase "overgrown lawn clippings."

elmarna

Hoity Toity = snob, upity, think they are better then every one else.
Grew up useing it & heard it a lot when competeing in forward hunt seat equitation.
found out later it was a popular phrase before the 1940's

Last edited:

Two-bit guru

Hoity Toity = snob, upity, think they are better then every one else.
Grew up useing it & heard it a lot when competeing in forward hunt seat equitation.
found out later it was a popular phrase before the 1940's

My Dad used to refer to certain other people, usually relatives, as "Putting on the dog." It meant they were acting more important than they were.:)

Me Myself

Back to my username
I don´t know I always say incoherenyt words without meanings and then wonder what they mean.

Among them:

Prapuka

Brabushta

Paprushka

Ramapuka

Nramakta!

tramapinga

*** like that :eek:

Two-bit guru

I don´t know I always say incoherenyt words without meanings and then wonder what they mean.

Among them: Prapuka, Brabushta, Paprushka, Ramapuka, Nramakta!, tramapinga
*** like that :eek:

My wife, who is of Polish ancestry, does the same thing!

I sing (although I'm not a singer) meaningless words that sound like French, although I'm unable to do it in writing.

Religiousman101

methionylglutaminylarginyltyrosylglutamylserylleucylphen

Not sure what it means, but it's the longest word in the english dictionary - can anyone even pronounce this?

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Bighoss

"NUTTERANCE"--something said by a person of severely compromised mental capacity or someone otherwise having an deranged and disordered sense of reality, e.g. someone who still contends that the earth is flat or that the current President of the United States was not born in this country.

Enlighten

Fankle -
A fankle is a muddle or state of confusion. Such a state can arise in even the best-organised families at holiday time. No matter how foolproof your forward-planning seems to be, no matter how many detailed lists you compile, no matter how many times you check passports and tickets, the adults in the household usually get into a fankle just before the journey begins.

Useful Scots word: fankle | Caledonian Mercury - Heritage

Skwim

Veteran Member
What's wrong with words like

• Bom
  • Clim
  • Crum
  • Com
  • Det
  • Dout
  • Dum
  • Lam
  • Lim
  • Num
  • Plumer
  • Sutle
  • Thum
  • Tom
  • Wom
?
Instead we have a silent "B" slid in, which does add a dam thing . . . Oh yeah, that silent "n" thing is another pet peeve. :149:

• Bomb
  • Climb
  • Crumb
  • Comb
  • Debt
  • Doubt
  • Dumb
  • Lamb
  • Limb
  • Numb
  • Plumber
  • Subtle