• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Genealogy of Baha'u'llah

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
While looking into the question by Steinninn about hiding images of Baha'u'llah, I stumbled upon the "Genealogy of Baha'u'llah". After peering at the tiny font sizes for a few moments I noted that the chart gives the date of Adam as being 4000 BC. That struck me as rather interesting. Can Bahai's be regarded as Young Earth Creationists or is the claim that mankind started with Adam 6,000 years ago not meant literally? Likewise we to take such a genealogical chart seriously?

For example on the right middle there are links to both Krishna and Buddha. Is this chart supported by any real evidence or is it bolstered by several rather prodigious leaps of faith? In closing, is the chart meant literally or metaphorically or what?

I won't get into a mud-slinging fest over this. I have no difficulty perceiving
Baha'u'llah as an illuminated thinker but the chart ostensibly meant to solidify his station - to my thinking - simply casts grave suspicion on said claims. That said, I am curious how Bahai's explain this chart. Again, I won't question your answers too much, but I am indeed curious and will endeavor to remain somewhat respectful.

The chart itself is broken into several images, so reproducing it here is tedious.
Here is a link to
the Genealogy of Baha'u'llah.

arthra

Baha'i
Hello Ymir,

Thanks for posting!

If you'll look very closely at the chart and check out the top header it refers to a group called the "Baha'is under the provisions of the covenant".. this is a small group of people who make a lot of claims but do not represent bona fide Baha'is.

There's no article of faith among Baha'is when Adam actually was supposed to have lived.. We do believe though that as Baha'u'llah revealed there were Prophets before Adam and you'll find this in a book He revealed called the Kitab-i-Iqan:

Likewise, strive thou to comprehend the meaning of the melody of that eternal beauty, Husayn, son of Ali, who, addressing Salman, spoke words such as these: "I was with a thousand Adams, the interval between each and the next Adam was fifty thousand years, and to each one of these I declared 168 the Successorship conferred upon my father." He then recounteth certain details, until he saith: "I have fought one thousand battles in the path of God, the least and most insignificant of which was like the battle of Khaybar, in which battle my father fought and contended against the infidels." Endeavour now to apprehend from these two traditions the mysteries of "end," "return," and "creation without beginning or end."
(Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Iqan, p. 167)

We believe Adam was a Manifestation of God that opened up a cycle but there were we believe endless cycles before that...

Also see the article on cycles:

http://bahai-library.com/encyclopedia/agescycl.html

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Thanks so much Arthra, that makes some sense at least. Due to the foreign words etc it does get a bit confusing. No doubt the protagonists on these sites are relying on that simple fact.

other-side

Soul separator
not related to this topic but it's really sad that the Bahai followers were slaughtered by the mullas in Iran (i think near 1850). I have read about them here in Iran and they Just say negative things and that The jews made this religion to put a division in the Islamic society! But by reading their history it's obvious that the reason Bahai came along was something else.History really shines and says the truth.
Peace

Cosmos

Well, seeing as I am a 'Provision Baha'i', please consider some inside information on the matter instead of making dogmatic assertions of who does and does not represent a "true Baha'i". For one, I would never claim you are not a true or real Baha'i due to your allegiance with the UHJ in Haifa. Dialogue should be invoked so that misunderstanding does not persist between our communities.

What the Baha'is Under the Provisions of the Covenant teach is really nothing contrary to anything 'mainstream' Baha'is believe in and that's the truth. Our difference is merely in interpretation of Successorship, being the authentic Universal House of Justice of Baha'u'llah. If you read the Kitab-i-Aqdas paragraph 32, Abdu'l-Baha's Last Will and Testament pgs. 13-15, and Shoghi Effendi's, The World Order of Baha'u'llah pgs. 147-148... you will find that no current authority in Haifa can account for the lack of an active executive branch within our administration.

On the issue of the historicity of the Manifestations of God, after becoming active within the Baha'i community here locally, I am shocked to find the lack of scriptural comprehension amongst fellow Baha'is--not to speak negatively or demean their character. Haifa and NSA's have become suspicious of any Baha'is inclined towards esoterism or fully exercising the 2nd Baha'i Principle of Independent Investigation of the Truth which leads to valid questions concerning our Administrative Order. If we read page 7 of the Kitab-i-Iqan (Book of Certitude) we find Baha'u'llah affirming the age of the Prophet Noah.

The Bible alludes to Pyramid Prophecy continuously, which the prophecies of Moses, Isiah, Daniel, and even the Prophet Muhammad's Revelation (i.e. The Qur'an) allude when we read about a day being as a thousand years and a thousand years being as a day to the Lord God. So much study has been done in so many fields of research concerning the Great Pyramids of Giza that a marvelous discovery has been made when we mathematically and geometrically measure the inside markers of these monoliths in relation to the stars over a course of time and interpret these prophetically. In this way we can discern or measure the advents of the Divine Manifestations of God throughout history to capture an understanding of our evolutive purpose with the "eye of God". We have discovered that the lineal progression is: Adam, Abraham, Moses, Krishna, Zoroaster, Buddha, Christ, Muhammad, the Bab, Baha'u'llah (please investigate "Entry By Troops" written by J.T. Lamb and research the "Giza Pyramid" content).

So, according to the pyramid prophecy, which accords directly with the prophecies from the Prophets of God, the Advent of Adam was in 4000 BC. We also have approximate dates for the advents of every other revealed divine Messenger of God. This is not a mere interpretation but exhaustive research from many Egyptologists and scholars on the Giza Pyramids themselves that have been explained in a wholly unique light from any other scholarly interpretation. Please do not shy from the material before at least reading everything in its context. And no we are not 'Six Day Creationists' nor do we share this ideology in any way.

ADAM is related to the Sumerian ADAMU which is a tradition of the manifestation of God's will for the human race, as the etymologies of MANU and BRAHMA suggest, as well. For example, and I just learned this, in the first verse of the first chapter of the Book of Genesis where we read, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth", the more accurate Hebrew equivalence would be "In 'A' beginning"... implying more than one age of creation. Also, as I am familiar with, we can readily read in Genesis 1:28 and 9:1 (KJV) that it is said to Adam and Eve are to "replenish" the Earth from the Hebrew "male'" to mean "to be full". Therefore we can affirm just as the ancient cosmologies (or mythologies) did that the universe of creation is eternal and ever-evolving, and so is Consciousness or "Intelligence-rising" (i.e. sentience).

The genealogy chart YmirGF read indeed was from the BUPC website containing the "Divine Standard" or "Banner" prophecised by Baha'u'llah to be fulfilled upon a date He Himself alluded (in the year 2001) and is also the ending timeline for Biblical prophecy. It proves that His Holiness Baha'u'llah was a living descendant of King David, therefore fulfilling specific prophecies to be the Promised One of all ages and religions, because only a Davidic King can possibly be the Redeemer of the world (please read PSALM 89)! Consider what Baha'u'llah proclaims of Himself:
"THE Most Great Law is come, and the Ancient Beauty ruleth upon the throne of David" (PROCLAMATION OF BAHA'U'LLAH, PGS. 89-90)!

Last edited: