• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Form of Lucifer, the Light-Bringer

What would the form of Lucifer appear as? Would it be a man or a woman? Young or Old? Would it even be human?

And where would Lucifer appear was? Would it be physically in front of you? Or in a dream? Or even on an Astral Plane?

Just Curious :)

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not really sure about this myself, but in my opinion The Lucifer would be your average Joe - you wouldn't recognise him. He's that man who helps you find your lost dog, tells you how to get from x to y &c. I think he would appear as normal as could be, since he is at one with Humanity, he does not see himself as above us as Yahweh does. Thus, he will have no need to appear as some great spirit or form which may cause us to be in awe.
He would do things that you would only see the 'miracle' of once you've looked back and examined the situation. For instance, whenever he's around good things seem to happen, he always appears at the right moments &c.

Of course, Atheistic Luciferians will disagree :)

Cassiopia

Sugar and Spice
I'm not really sure about this myself, but in my opinion The Lucifer would be your average Joe - you wouldn't recognise him. He's that man who helps you find your lost dog, tells you how to get from x to y &c. I think he would appear as normal as could be, since he is at one with Humanity, he does not see himself as above us as Yahweh does. Thus, he will have no need to appear as some great spirit or form which may cause us to be in awe.
He would do things that you would only see the 'miracle' of once you've looked back and examined the situation. For instance, whenever he's around good things seem to happen, he always appears at the right moments &c.
I agree with this. In addition I think Lucifer could appear in any guise he chooses, he could appear in a dream, he could lead and inspire through nature itself.

apophenia

I've known Lucifer for many years. Sometimes it seems like an eternity.

He is often very bitter. Not necessarily though. Some days he's just walking on sunshine.

While he is generally quite subtle, he can also be quite tasteless.

Sometimes he is very prickly, like cactus. Other times he is a fun-guy to be with.

He can be be a real pill.

Sometimes he hides under my bed. If I go out with him I may choose to keep him under my hat.

But once he gets under your skin, you can't get him out of your head.

His wisdom can fill many a sheet of foolscap, but at the same time he's a dip.

He has been in full view for about 2% of my entire life so far, counted in hours, and I'm over fifty years old. That's a lot of sleepless nights folks !

You don't necessarily want to meet him. You get butterflies, and sometimes when he first appears it's enough to make you want to throw up. Strangely, he's generally more likeable once you have.

I've met him in the forest, and in the city, and alone in my room, and played music with him hundreds of times. Sometimes he even joins me and my lover in bed. He likes attending parties, but often leaves everyone speechless. Despite being an incorrigible prankster, he's totally genuine. He knows everything about me, and has no compunction about telling me the stuff I try to avoid. In fact that is what makes him so lovable.

For all the trouble he causes, life would be very shallow without him.

Ladies and gentlemen, fill your glasses ! To Lucifer !

I agree with this. In addition I think Lucifer could appear in any guise he chooses, he could appear in a dream, he could lead and inspire through nature itself.

Thank you for your descriptions. I'll keep this in mind if--or when-- I want to actively look for him/her/it

I've known Lucifer for many years. Sometimes it seems like an eternity.

He is often very bitter. Not necessarily though. Some days he's just walking on sunshine.

While he is generally quite subtle, he can also be quite tasteless.

Sometimes he is very prickly, like cactus. Other times he is a fun-guy to be with.

He can be be a real pill.

Sometimes he hides under my bed. If I go out with him I may choose to keep him under my hat.

But once he gets under your skin, you can't get him out of your head.

His wisdom can fill many a sheet of foolscap, but at the same time he's a dip.

He has been in full view for about 2% of my entire life so far, counted in hours, and I'm over fifty years old. That's a lot of sleepless nights folks !

You don't necessarily want to meet him. You get butterflies, and sometimes when he first appears it's enough to make you want to throw up. Strangely, he's generally more likeable once you have.

I've met him in the forest, and in the city, and alone in my room, and played music with him hundreds of times. Sometimes he even joins me and my lover in bed. He likes attending parties, but often leaves everyone speechless. Despite being an incorrigible prankster, he's totally genuine. He knows everything about me, and has no compunction about telling me the stuff I try to avoid. In fact that is what makes him so lovable.

For all the trouble he causes, life would be very shallow without him.

Ladies and gentlemen, fill your glasses ! To Lucifer !

Lucifer does sound like quite a character. Simple yet so complex. Very human :)

Of course, Atheistic Luciferians will disagree :)

Heh :)I might even begin to question my atheism itself, because I'm noticing things both in my life and in my dreams that I can't rationalize or explain-away anymore. Especially my dreams. Not sure where to talk about this on the forums though, lol :)

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I won't go into great detail here as it is very personal. However, I can say that the majority of Magicians that I have encountered who claim to have had an experience with Lucifer, say that he appeared to them in the form of a human male, myself included. Not in a dream, but in real life. I know an ex-nun of the Catholic Church who claims to have been visited by Lucifer when she was in the monastery, she is now a priestess in an organization dedicated to the Black Arts.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

jasonwill2

I've always envisioned Lucifer in a wolf form.

I always imagined him as a floating guy in the sky with an insanely bright torch. Oh, and he has some white clothing. Sometimes I say "I am Satan's Lucifer" for what it's worth though =p Kind of like his truth teller.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Really? Thanks :)

More specifically the LHP DIR, there are many individuals in the other DIR's that are open minded enough to try and comprehend what goes around here, but chances are the most open minded and understanding people you will find here.

If you have any questions just ask, or make a thread :D

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
It seems that a few see him as an animal - to me it would definitely be a crow or an owl. I was looking into spirit guides a few years ago and for some reason had determined mine to be a crow, maybe that's where I make the association, haha.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
If anything, I would think Lucifer would appear as an indescribable light in the mind. I can picture what the light may look like, but I cannot type it out in words. However, I have never personally seen Lucifer as anything more than a concept and title, a position that can be filled by any being and multiple beings at any given time. So, a single entity named Lucifer appearing would never happen the way I see it, mystical and mythological nonsense.

Twig pentagram

High Priest
If anything, I would think Lucifer would appear as an indescribable light in the mind. I can picture what the light may look like, but I cannot type it out in words. However, I have never personally seen Lucifer as anything more than a concept and title, a position that can be filled by any being and multiple beings at any given time. So, a single entity named Lucifer appearing would never happen the way I see it, mystical and mythological nonsense.
:clap I couldn't have said it better mysef.