• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The first shall be last; and the last first

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
michel said:
" I fellt selfish" - oh how true. How many deeds are done to satisfy our own needs, rather than the needs of others - as the prime motivator ?

Does that negate the good deeds ? - I think it does.

I Believe michel, if we are continuing to follow the foot steps of Jesus and really desire to become like him, then we won't be disappointed..Yes we will fall many times wether in thoughts or deeds, but God won't start a Good work in you then forget all about it..After we except Christ Jesus, it is a growing process..[All our life ] 2 Peter 1: 5-11, I like those Scriptures, they show us how to grow in Christ..But you know that anyway right ;) We fall down by our mistakes, we pray and we get right back up again..God does not want us to dispair and be laiden with Guilt..That's satans doing...God wants us to take everything to Him in prayer, he cares about us and wants to give us rest..God Bless :)

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
Darkdale said:
There is literally no evidence to support this. History and Experience show that it is the strong that have inherited the earth.
I was not being literate Darkdale man, I did not mean it as a happening, but a saying.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Darkdale said:
There is literally no evidence to support this. History and Experience show that it is the strong that have inherited the earth.
The Bible tells us differently; History and Experience unfortunately (depends on your standpoint) does not tally, but that is the difference.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
michel said:
The Bible tells us differently; History and Experience unfortunately (depends on your standpoint) does not tally, but that is the difference.

Well, I certainly don't see the meek getting very far. But that's just me. :)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I am not sure if I am right in saying that this sort of concept, to me, epitomises the Christian outlook, which is 'the way' for me.

Turn the other cheek, return hate with Love - oh yes, Love is THE word in Christianity; that is how I have always tried to live my life - even when I did'nt have the "Christian" label. It's hard, but it is the way that is right for me.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Renaldo said:
"Put others before yourself" :)
That is one of the basic tenets, yes, as well as treat others as you would wish them to treat you. That's partly why I am a Christian.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
michel said:
I am not sure if I am right in saying that this sort of concept, to me, epitomises the Christian outlook, which is 'the way' for me.

Turn the other cheek, return hate with Love - oh yes, Love is THE word in Christianity; that is how I have always tried to live my life - even when I did'nt have the "Christian" label. It's hard, but it is the way that is right for me.

It is amazing how different Christianity is from heathenism. I wonder how two groups of people, living in the same world, could draw totally opposite conclusions. Have you ever thought about that? I bet you don't live that much differently from me. I bet we set the same standards for how we treat our friends and families. I bet we are both friendly, compassionate people who value life, liberty and happiness. Yet, we draw such totally different conclusions with regard to religious and political fundamentals. :) How does that happen?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Darkdale said:
It is amazing how different Christianity is from heathenism. I wonder how two groups of people, living in the same world, could draw totally opposite conclusions. Have you ever thought about that? I bet you don't live that much differently from me. I bet we set the same standards for how we treat our friends and families. I bet we are both friendly, compassionate people who value life, liberty and happiness. Yet, we draw such totally different conclusions with regard to religious and political fundamentals. :) How does that happen?
I am quite sure that we do live our lives in a similar way; and I guess we may even have a parallel set of morals and principles.

I am not sure why you tie political in with religion though; perhaps that is because they are insepparable in America. The two do not go 'hand in hand' in England.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Ok, I've been looking into this. And what I've come up with is this . . .

This 'revearsal' is presented to us after the parable of the guy who hires people all day, and then pays everybody the same wages, the ones who worked all day where upset because they got paid the same as the people who only worked for an hour.

The conclusion I have come up with is that this is an example of God's Grace. God never said that life was fair, but by His Grace alone will we prosper.

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
EnhancedSpirit said:
Ok, I've been looking into this. And what I've come up with is this . . .

This 'revearsal' is presented to us after the parable of the guy who hires people all day, and then pays everybody the same wages, the ones who worked all day where upset because they got paid the same as the people who only worked for an hour.

The conclusion I have come up with is that this is an example of God's Grace. God never said that life was fair, but by His Grace alone will we prosper.

Hi ES, I was trying to find that parable myself, I just see that slightly different from you, meaning we are all the same in Gods eyes. You did make a good point though..As always.. :)

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
michel said:
I am not sure why you tie political in with religion though; perhaps that is because they are insepparable in America. The two do not go 'hand in hand' in England.

They are tied together by virtue of their connection to tradition and our interpretations of our own experience. hmmm that was not clear. um.

They both have to do with "World View". :) That's better.

karmel19

Consider this: When Christ appeared in the world, those who accepted Him and became His first disciples were not the priests and Pharisees, the learned men of the day or those having the highest religious or material "status." Instead, they were humble fishermen. Because they were pure in heart, they were able to recognize Christ by His life and His teachings, while the priests and scholars failed to do so.

The men and women who became Christ's first followers were certainly, for the most part, the "last"--that is, considered by the majority of people living at that time to be of no significance. Yet by virtue of their belief, they became the "first"--the first to believe, and eventually the "first" as far as worldly recognition too--who knows the names of the priests and Pharisees today? But every educated person knows the names of the men and women who were the first believers in Christ.

may

karmel19 said:
Consider this: When Christ appeared in the world, those who accepted Him and became His first disciples were not the priests and Pharisees, the learned men of the day or those having the highest religious or material "status." Instead, they were humble fishermen. Because they were pure in heart, they were able to recognize Christ by His life and His teachings, while the priests and scholars failed to do so.

The men and women who became Christ's first followers were certainly, for the most part, the "last"--that is, considered by the majority of people living at that time to be of no significance. Yet by virtue of their belief, they became the "first"--the first to believe, and eventually the "first" as far as worldly recognition too--who knows the names of the priests and Pharisees today? But every educated person knows the names of the men and women who were the first believers in Christ.
nice one ,i like your thoughts on this