• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The female orgasm. Why?

I may be well of base here, but doesn't the clitoris become a penis with hormones activated by the Y chromosone? Not that there has to be another reason for their existence, personally I think their presence is justified in their own right :D

egroen

That would be news to me.

Probably just wishful thinking on my part... Are you amongst the 10% of catholics who actually believe church doctrine in this case? Some bishops have even come out to state condoms are important in the global prevention of AIDS.

-Erin

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
egroen said:
Probably just wishful thinking on my part... Are you amongst the 10% of catholics who actually believe church doctrine in this case? Some bishops have even come out to state condoms are important in the global prevention of AIDS.

-Erin

I'm among whatever percentage follows Church doctrine. There is but a few priests and one Bishop that I have heard some objections from. Whatever the number is that are objecting, they all know where the Church stands on this.

Timewarp

MysticSang'ha said:
This obviously is not a "how-to" thread. That belongs in the Eros room. I am directing the topic toward a theological and philosophical debate. Therefore, explicit content is not necessary nor desirable here.

I am curious of speculations from the Abrahamic religions on why females were built to have orgasms, since she can still hand her part in procreation without having any orgasms in her life.

Therefore, what is the reason God decided to design women with specific bodily functions that has the sole purpose for pleasure? Is there anything Biblical (Christians) that supports your reasoning? Why can females have orgasms?

Peace,
Mystic
According to the majority of Abrahamic Faiths, women and men are not suppose to enjoy the enactment of sexual reproduction. However, perhaps since god allow such a feature to be natural rather than manifested from an artificial source, then maybe people are suppose to enjoy themselves in life, but we are not suppose to enjoy our selves at the benefit of hurting others.

Afterall religion was established eccentially to insure peace and unity within our race. And not to control or prevent ourselves from enjoying the company of one another.

Incase I'm confusing you, I refer to all of humanity as a single race. And I'm very sorry if I have said anything that offended anyone.

Ðanisty

egroen said:
St. Augustine believed the "forbidden fruit" in Genesis actually referred to 'pleasurable sex', which was of the devil. He theorized God's original intention for sex was "a very cold dutiful mechanical act without passion."

So we might have the devil himself to thank for our clitorises. :)

-Erin
Hmm...another thing I can thank Lucifer for!

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Ðanisty said:
Hmm...another thing I can thank Lucifer for!

You can only thank him if he designed it and it was his idea, otherwise give credit where credit is due...;)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
MysticSang'ha said:
You don't understand women. :D

But that's OK, because women are hard to understand...........even by other women!

At the risk of going into psycho-babble, I believe it's because a woman's strength lies not in rationality, but in intuition and emotional connection. A woman can and does possess a degree of both, but often times she "feels" her way through things and matters. Pleasure and ecstasy - and communicating these experiences - has it's importance in female physiology.

Her gift of emotional connection, intimate communication, and experience for (strictly speaking) sexual ecstasy is something she can teach her mate...........so that he can pay attention to his own sexual experience and communicate what brings HIM to an ecstatic state and closer emotionally to her.

That would be my guess...........but is it scriptual?

Peace,
Mystic

I'd go along with that;
Pleasure and ecstasy - and communicating these experiences - has it's importance in female physiology.
I would go further and say that the orgasm is the equivalent of a religious experience. Of course, I am not a woman................

A

angellous_evangellous

Khalid Muhammad said:
I may be well of base here, but doesn't the clitoris become a penis with hormones activated by the Y chromosone? Not that there has to be another reason for their existence, personally I think their presence is justified in their own right :D

Well that stuff is not allowed in my house.:no: