• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The ever-fulfilling prophecies.

gtrsgrls

How can anyone deny that the Bible is God-inspired when SO many prophecies have and are still coming true?The people who prophecied obviosly had someone telling them what was going to happen.If anyone would like some examples of prophecies that have been fulfilled and are being fullfilled just PM me.There are even some that have been fulfilled as recent as the late 1900's.If you have any doubt that the Bible is God-inspired than please contact me.You'll be glad you did.:)

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Are you aware that other religions also have prophecies, and have had them fulfilled? Just curious; this isn't as rare as it might seem.

Regarding the Bible; since I don't believe in an omnipotent creator god, claims made that this god inspired a particular book are moot. However, I am perfectly happy for others to believe differently than I do if they wish.

Aqualung

Tasty
gtrsgrls said:
How can anyone deny that the Bible is God-inspired when SO many prophecies have and are still coming true?The people who prophecied obviosly had someone telling them what was going to happen.If anyone would like some examples of prophecies that have been fulfilled and are being fullfilled just PM me.There are even some that have been fulfilled as recent as the late 1900's.If you have any doubt that the Bible is God-inspired than please contact me.You'll be glad you did.:)
Because whenever anybody asks about something the Bible prophecied, nobody can come up with an example of a prophecy written down before it happened, and that is supported by extra-biblical evidence. But you look like you know what you're talking about. Why PM you? that's what threads are for.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
gtrsgrls said:
what if you find out that there are SO many prophecies in the Muslims, Jews, Buddhist scriptures .. etc.? will you acknowledge this religion and it's own sciptures the same as you expect from others to do so with your holy scipture or not? :)

JerryL

How about you give us one Biblical prophecy which is specific, unusual, and can be verified to have occured after it was written?

Dayv

This reminds me of the whole Notradomus dealy. A lot of people claim he prophicised this and that, but everything seems to either be stretched a bit to fit the event, or was only interpreted as a prophecy regarding that event afterwards, again being interpreted after the facts to fit the event. I'd really like to hear just one accurate prophecy.

Wait! God just talked to me again (as I have mentioned in the past, god tells me everything to write, so there's no point in arguing, it's all divinely inspired), he's saying there'll be a war...sometime in the future...many will die...there will be blood and bodies everywhere...it will be caused by an evil leader who will have many loyal followers!

I'd like to see just one with some real details.

Faint

I used to toy with tarot cards, and it always ammused me how I could make a general, ambiguous comment that would be readily accepted by whoever I was doing the reading for. For instance, "You sometimes feel that other people don't understand you. But don't worry--not long from now you're going to meet someone who knows exactly what you're talking about. You will have a romantic interest in this person, but it will not work out for you."

The truth of prophecies is all perspective. That or it's so obvious, anyone can make the claim: "Soon you will click your mouse..."

JerryL

This reminds me of the whole Notradomus dealy. A lot of people claim he prophicised this and that, but everything seems to either be stretched a bit to fit the event, or was only interpreted as a prophecy regarding that event afterwards, again being interpreted after the facts to fit the event. I'd really like to hear just one accurate prophecy.
Well, in the 80s he was interpreted to have predicted a war with someone in the middle east which would begin with an attack (they thought by missile) on New York. They thought it would be going on by 1999.

Still... more specific than any Biblical prophecy I can think of.

ThisShouldMakeSense

Look at the prophecy in Daniel about the King of Greece. Alexander the Great was shown this prophecy as it speaks of him. In chapter Daniel 8:20-22 it says that four will stand in his place but not with his power. and that is what the history books confirm. his kingdom was devided into four...

'20As for the ram that you saw with the two horns, these are the kings of Media and Persia. 21And the goat is the king of Greece. And the great horn between his eyes is the first king. 22As for the horn that was broken, in place of which four others arose, four kingdoms shall arise from his nation, but not with his power.'

Fascist Christ

JerryL said:
Well, in the 80s he was interpreted to have predicted a war with someone in the middle east which would begin with an attack (they thought by missile) on New York. They thought it would be going on by 1999.

Still... more specific than any Biblical prophecy I can think of.
Nostradamus is famous for his accuracy. However, with all the supposed "prophets" throughout history, and with all the time given for them to fulfill, it does not surprise me that at least one would get a few shockingly accurate predictions.

Fascist Christ

gtrsgrls said:
How can you deny that Heavy Metal music is God-inspired when so many songs have and still are coming true?

Seriously, I see no difference in the ancient prophets and the modern poets. Other supposed "prophets" appear to just be playing off of the superstition of telling the future.

For example, I used to think that the band Slayer was just shamelessly promoting death. Then this whole Bush war happened and many of the songs on "Diabolus in Musica" suddenly came into focus. "Bitter Peace" describes the war, its justification, and the method of the Rumsfeld Doctrine. The "Overt Enemy" is our president. This album was released in 1998.

It is clear to me that good poets/prophets have such a keen understanding of human psychology that the details that they observe or describe at one point in time will ultimately occur at some point. They could also be descibing something from the past, cryptically, in such a manner that when someone duplicates the events on some specific level, it appears to have been a prediction. This is good because people often use their prejudices to block any useful comparison, like with similarities between Hitler and Bush. And that makes me wonder, do those who think bands like Slayer are evil realize it when they duplicate the evils that such poets describe?

Dayv

Yeah, going along with what Fascist Christ said (I think), it is often said that history has a way of repeating itself. If you take many events from the past and describe them a little vaguely you could probably find yourself with a vague description of more current events, also.