• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The end of hatered

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What do you do to end hate toward other people?

To hate someone is to hate you self in a sense. because if you hate others you do not see them for who they are, you only see what you do not want them to be. (you want people to be like you)

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Always been taught, "you should never hate people, just their bad behavior."

Then on realizing that we can go from something we enjoy like smoking, to stopping, and hating those who smoke...

We realize the contrast of it is a reversal, from a positive to a negative understanding about something...

Thus it is all about our reflection on something, to how we feel about it.

True Mindfulness where we embrace all thought forms, no matter how dark, removes all hatred; as there is then only the middle line of understanding.

If we haven't dealt with issues then hate arises, where we are not meditating past the obstacles; yet instead just standing there fighting a wall, which we could see all perspectives of.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think Gandhi had it right -- Hate the sin, love the sinner.

We don't hate the rabid animal but it's dangerous and must be killed. There are humans that are dangerous as well.
They only become dangerous to you if you let them be. when you have no hate within you anymore, there are nobody who is dangerous to you

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Only certain doctrines who preach love, inner peace -like Christianity and Buddhism- really teach you to love.
:)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You can't change other people. They will have hate down to their bones and it will make them miserable. The only thing we can do is just stand by what is right. If there are enough positive examples, even the angry will start to lose some of their poison.
True, they must them self do the change

Shantanu

To hate someone is to hate you self in a sense. because if you hate others you do not see them for who they are, you only see what you do not want them to be. (you want people to be like you)
When one sees injustices and lies and deceit being perpetrated, does not one have a righteous duty to humanity to express ones abhorrence of those acts and views? If so how can one do so without hatred being the propellent of ones disgust.

Of course if one does not want to live in samsara one has no responsibility to do the right thing and let everything fall apart before ones eyes.

Jumi

True, they must them self do the change
I challenge myself to get over some of the hatreds I've had. It's rough work sometimes, but letting it go is worth it. You might not know it if you knew me now, but instead of laughing at all the adversity as I do now, my mind was full of poisonous thought and raging emotions in the past. It was lucky that I never lost control when it mattered.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
When one sees injustices and lies and deceit being perpetrated, does not one have a righteous duty to humanity to express ones abhorrence of those acts and views? If so how can one do so without hatred being the propellent of ones disgust.

Of course if one does not want to live in samsara one has no responsibility to do the right thing and let everything fall apart before ones eyes.
When you speak about injustice, you do not see the karmic relation to the situation, the relation start in the past and what you experience as injustic is the result of the karma that is re-payed. One does not need to have hate or anger rise within when seeing this, but when one have compassion it is ok to try to end the situation in a calm and good way. But as an example if you see two people fighting in the street, we can not know the cause of the fight, it might be karmic relation from earlier in the life of the two people. so should we stop them? not if you do not know the cause of the fight. (karmic law) if we stop it now, it will sooner or later need to be repayed.

To not hate someone because of their action toward you self or others, one must have compassion arise within , when compassion arise one will feel sorry for the person who start the fight or argument, instead of getting angry our self, we can stay calm

Jumi

For someone to change they need to have a motivation for it. I don't know how others realize that they need to cultivate themselves, for me it just happened. Did you have some realization when you started and became buddhist?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I challenge myself to get over some of the hatreds I've had. It's rough work sometimes, but letting it go is worth it. You might not know it if you knew me now, but instead of laughing at all the adversity as I do now, my mind was full of poisonous thought and raging emotions in the past. It was lucky that I never lost control when it mattered.
You have gained wisdom :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
For someone to change they need to have a motivation for it. I don't know how others realize that they need to cultivate themselves, for me it just happened. Did you have some realization when you started and became buddhist?
Yes i did have a realization :) but the prosess for me took nearly 5 years to complete :) After 5 years i knew that buddhism was the right path for me to cultivate. In my understanding Buddhism is not just a religion it is a cultivation path

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You can't change other people. They will have hate down to their bones and it will make them miserable. The only thing we can do is just stand by what is right. If there are enough positive examples, even the angry will start to lose some of their poison.

I do believe God has donated us free will.
Whoever violates people's free will, doesn't love .
Violating people's free will is the eclipse of God.