• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Don't Ask Me Thread (Miscellaneous Interviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Instead of you asking me questions about myself, I thought I'd start a thread asking you to tell me a little something about yourself.

What is your second biggest, most important to you life accomplishment to date?

How many times in a row can you count to ten without getting confused?

What's a secret about yourself that you'd like to share with about one million internet users?

Does your mother know you have perverted thoughts of having Tom Hank's out of wedlock baby?

Why not?

Who has been the most important mentor in your life who was not a parent or relative?

Did you have his/her out of wedlock baby?

What's the third greatest mistake you made in your life and how did you recover from it?

Looking back, what's the youngest age at which you think you would have been ready for responsible sex?

Why that young? Whatever happened to waiting until 40?

Who has the coolest Avartar on RF? What do you like most about it?

Are you often inarticulate around people you're sexually attracted to?

Do you know the neurological reason for that?

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Sunstone said:
Instead of you asking me questions about myself, I thought I'd start a thread asking you to tell me a little something about yourself.

Second? That's kind of odd. Umm...I'm not even sure about my first.

Confused about what? The relevance of this question? I did it thirty times before getting confused as to why you're having me count to ten over and over.

What's a secret about yourself that you'd like to share with about one million internet users?

I think everyone here knows my secret...

Does your mother know you have perverted thoughts of having Tom Hank's out of wedlock baby?

No. And that changes my answer to the previous question; NOW everyone here knows my secret.

My mother thinks I am perfect in every way. It would break her little heart to know that I have perverted thoughts at all.

Who has been the most important mentor in your life who was not a parent or relative?

Certainly not my therapist!!!:eek: I would normally say my brother, but I don't know since we cannot do relatives. I haven't really had the privilege of having any mentor. And I hated my therapist and got rid of her pretty quickly, so she doesn't count.

What is it with you and "out-of-wedlock" babies?

What's the third greatest mistake you made in your life and how did you recover from it?

Well, I haven't had any babies out of wedlock, so I think I'm good.

Looking back, what's the youngest age at which you think you would have been ready for responsible sex?

I'm seventeen and still not ready.

I probably WILL wait til I'm 40!:sarcastic

Well, I colored mine myself! So I would say ME! But I would say that jeffrey's is pretty awesome! Need I explain?

Are you often inarticulate around people you're sexually attracted to

I don't know. I don't think I've been truly attracted to a girl for a few years.

The neurological reason for not being attracted to a girl for a few years? I'm neurophobic.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I like your avatar, ZH. The color scheme is both pleasant and striking, and very suited, I think, for such a small design.

But more crucially, is it true that you don't like potatos even when sprinkled with chives and eaten from the plate like oysters on the half shell? Or, is that just another one of those internet rumors no one knows how it got started?

Also, do you have any arts you practice?

Crystallas

Dropping out of school. Unlike most people, it was actually the greatest thing that I have ever done for myself.

If you sing the numbers, instead of say them as fast as possible, I can do it from the moment I wake up, until I fall asleep.

I sleep nude.

Tom Hanks personally told my Mother over dinner.

Why not?
Because.

To many, no #1s.

I tried, but I had a kidney stone. There was a bit of confusion after that happened.

My top 3 are to inconsistant. Maybe when I make a decision on what I rank as #3, then I can share.

I dont know.

Mine, thats why I use it.

Maybe.

Of course.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I like your avatar too, Crystallas. It's small, but has the presence of some twice its size.

I'm curious. How did dropping out of school prove to be the second greatest accomplishment of your life to date? What was the main advantage of doing it?

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Sunstone said:
I like your avatar, ZH. The color scheme is both pleasant and striking, and very suited, I think, for such a small design.

Well, the color scheme of the girl was predetermined, so don't give me too much credit there. It wasn't all that hard. It just took a little time.

But more crucially, is it true that you don't like potatos even when sprinkled with chives and eaten from the plate like oysters on the half shell? Or, is that just another one of those internet rumors no one knows how it got started?

Who told you!?!

Also, do you have any arts you practice?

Yes. I have a keyboard/synthesizer. I write music on it, but I don't think it's very good. Very experimental at this point. I'm also into the art of makeup. I don't think a lot of people realize how it can be considered an art, but there is a lot of time and delicacy that goes into it. And if soccer is considered an art, then that is probably the one I'm best at right now.:D

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
zombieharlot said:
Yes. I have a keyboard/synthesizer. I write music on it, but I don't think it's very good. Very experimental at this point. I'm also into the art of makeup. I don't think a lot of people realize how it can be considered an art, but there is a lot of time and delicacy that goes into it. And if soccer is considered an art, then that is probably the one I'm best at right now.:D

That's quite a range of talents and skills! A friend of mine is a make up artist who works in theatre and the occasional film. Very demanding work, is my impression.

I've never thought of sport as art before, but of course you're right that it is in an important sense an art. Or, at least it can be with the right sports person.

How do you manage to stay up all night, yet attend school the next day, and still have the energy to harrass your teachers?

Am I mistaken in my belief that you are actually a princess of a little known Eastern European principality and that your username is an all too literal transliteration of the ancestral name of your family? If I'm off base here, well, it's an honest mistake and I hope you can see how anyone could make it?

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Sunstone said:

The last but one translation I did for our Church - I didn't know what half the words meant in the English I ended up with let alone the Romanian I started off with. Liturgical language is almost as bad as legalese - in any language.

As many as you like, if I can use my chotki.

I was once an active member of an anarchist communist group in the UK - student politics eh?

No

Because it is a lie. I wouldn't touch Tom Hanks with a barge pole even if i were that way inclined.

My A level german teacher (since sadly passed on).

No. I did go out with her daughter, though.

Probably going out with my German teacher's daughter. It took a long time to recover, but meeting my wife in Romania probably helped.

Well, if I have to look back, I'd probably say never. Could you explain what you mena by responsible?

Never is longer than 40 years

Me, but it's my daughter, so I'm biased.

A better question would be, am I ever articulate around anyone? And the answer is, no, not really.

Neurological, no. But it's because I'm shy (writing's different before you beg to differ).

James

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Sunstone said:
That's quite a range of talents and skills! A friend of mine is a make up artist who works in theatre and the occasional film. Very demanding work, is my impression.

I've never thought of sport as art before, but of course you're right that it is in an important sense an art. Or, at least it can be with the right sports person.

How do you manage to stay up all night, yet attend school the next day, and still have the energy to harrass your teachers?

Well, since I'm still in highschool I'm not too sure what the work part of it is like. But I know that going to school for it is pretty demanding. Usually about eight hours a day for five days a week.

Well, I think that if different fighting styles can be considered art, why not sports too? I think different techniques people learn with the way they play is certainly an art.

Hahah! I do independent studies, which is basically a "teach yourself" way of going through school. I go to school only on Fridays, and I turn in my work, take tests, and get slammed with a whole other week's worth of work on that day.

Am I mistaken in my belief that you are actually a princess of a little known Eastern European principality and that your username is an all too literal transliteration of the ancestral name of your family? If I'm off base here, well, it's an honest mistake and I hope you can see how anyone could make it

Now where would you get an idea like that!?! (hides heirloom tiara)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
James said:
Could you explain what you mena by responsible?

By "responsible" I mean, of course, that one votes Conservative. In addition to that most obvious requirement for responsible sex, there are the chores of reducing the risk of unwanted pregnancy and STIs to a minimum. And along with those things, there are the moral imperatives of meaningful honesty with one's partner, mutual respect, mutual consideration, lack of abusiveness, and so forth. Then, of course, there's one's mental, sexual and emotional maturity to take into account, as well as the mental, sexual and emotional maturity of one's partner. All these things and a few more go into what I mean by "responsible" sex. Naturally, the minimum age for successfully balancing these things is 40. Anyone under that age is, IMHO, rash, and very likely rabid, too.

Can it be correctly suggested, James, that you've had a life long desire to hitchhike a French aircraft carrier?

Is there any thoroughly sound reason to suppose you're not a genius?

Do you consider yourself above the legal age of consent when it comes to granting others the right to quote your work? If so, does it ever bother you when others don't first ask?

Your daughter is beautiful!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
zombieharlot said:
Well, since I'm still in highschool I'm not too sure what the work part of it is like. But I know that going to school for it is pretty demanding. Usually about eight hours a day for five days a week.

Well, I think that if different fighting styles can be considered art, why not sports too? I think different techniques people learn with the way they play is certainly an art.

Hahah! I do independent studies, which is basically a "teach yourself" way of going through school. I go to school only on Fridays, and I turn in my work, take tests, and get slammed with a whole other week's worth of work on that day.

Very good points. I believe you've convinced me to regard sports as arts.

Who do you admire among soccor players for their art?

Who do you admire among any people for their intellect?

Who do you admire for their skill at make up?

Now where would you get an idea like that!?! (hides heirloom tiara)
The idea, of course, was suggested to me by my Acme Latex Love Doll. I have merely to look at the Zen like expression on her face and all sorts of ideas about folks come to me. Therefore, I believe she is shrewdly intuitive about people.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Instead of you asking me questions about myself, I thought I'd start a thread asking you to tell me a little something about yourself. You must be really really really bored.

What is your second biggest, most important to you life accomplishment to date? Ending my drug use.

How many times in a row can you count to ten without getting confused? I don't know... I'll get back to you on that I'm up to 23 and getting bored.

What's a secret about yourself that you'd like to share with about one million internet users? I own a Bee Gees LP

Does your mother know you have perverted thoughts of having Tom Hank's out of wedlock baby? Yes, but she's ok with it. (at least I hope so, she's the surrogate)

Why not? I'd be asking why.

Who has been the most important mentor in your life who was not a parent or relative? An elderly Gentleman named Gauntlet.

Did you have his/her out of wedlock baby? No, but not for lack of trying. He was far too impotent by the time I met him, to both our disappointment I must say.

What's the third greatest mistake you made in your life and how did you recover from it? Third? Well... I don't know... first is easy 2nd is harder and 3rd is about a 10,034 way tie. Maybe trying bean flavoured icecream.

Looking back, what's the youngest age at which you think you would have been ready for responsible sex? Yet to reach said age.

Why that young? Whatever happened to waiting until 40? You waited til you were 40?

Who has the coolest Avartar on RF? What do you like most about it? Usually Chimpy (Buttercup), I'm esp. loving her chihuahua bear atm.

Are you often inarticulate around people you're sexually attracted to? I've never been articulate around anyone. The best I can usually do around good looking women is grunt... like this *grrrrnnn*

Do you know the neurological reason for that? I'm not sure about Neromawhatsit but I'm thinking it's because my last girlfriend cut out my tongue. Best sex ever.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Sunstone said:

Getting to where I am today.(Dad, husband,we live in our own house, and I can provide for us and help the kids if and when they need it)

I don't know, but I seemed O.K doing so; I love numbers anyway, so maybe I have an advantage.

I can't think of one.
Innaplicable.
Well, maybe I could try (thinking about it, if it worked, I'd make a fortune):D
An ex girlfriend's father.
Foir some reason, he wasn't keen on the idea..........
Choosing Banking as a career; I left.
By the age of 40, I was already a wreck!
Strangely, I love our new member Kai's; I love Feather's one though..I guess I like most of them.
Give me the opportunity to find out and I'll reply to that.
Do you know the neurological reason for that
N/A

Phew! Is that it? Good.:biglaugh:

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Sunstone said:
By "responsible" I mean, of course, that one votes Conservative. In addition to that most obvious requirement for responsible sex, there are the chores of reducing the risk of unwanted pregnancy and STIs to a minimum. And along with those things, there are the moral imperatives of meaningful honesty with one's partner, mutual respect, mutual consideration, lack of abusiveness, and so forth. Then, of course, there's one's mental, sexual and emotional maturity to take into account, as well as the mental, sexual and emotional maturity of one's partner. All these things and a few more go into what I mean by "responsible" sex. Naturally, the minimum age for successfully balancing these things is 40. Anyone under that age is, IMHO, rash, and very likely rabid, too.
Possibly true, but I haven't reached 40 yet and you asked us to look back.

Can it be correctly suggested, James, that you've had a life long desire to hitchhike a French aircraft carrier?
Only if it includes the possibility of scuttling it at the end.

Is there any thoroughly sound reason to suppose you're not a genius?
Yes, plenty. Is there any sound reson to suppose I am a genius?

Do you consider yourself above the legal age of consent when it comes to granting others the right to quote your work? If so, does it ever bother you when others don't first ask?
Yes and no respectively. It does bother me when they twist quotes to mean something other than intended, though.

Your daughter is beautiful!
Thanks. She's a little bigger now (five and a half months) but she actually must be pretty (you doubt your objectivity when you're the parent). I had a complete stranger walk up to me when shopping the other day and say exactly the same thing!

James

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
ChrisP said:
Instead of you asking me questions about myself, I thought I'd start a thread asking you to tell me a little something about yourself. You must be really really really bored.

Not any more.;)

What is your second biggest, most important to you life accomplishment to date? Ending my drug use.

That's a huge accomplishment, Chrisp! I'm in a bit of awe. I've seen so many people who never could. And given your many contributions to this Forum, I'm veryhappy that you did.

How many times in a row can you count to ten without getting confused? I don't know... I'll get back to you on that I'm up to 23 and getting bored.

Boredom would be a shallow excuse for failing to find the vital answer to this pressing question, don't you agree?

Why that young? Whatever happened to waiting until 40? You waited til you were 40?

And what's wrong with an American waiting until he has achieved the age of reason for an American?

Are there talk show hosts in NZ? If so, are they among the dumbest members of society that can still hold a job as they are here?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
michel said:
Getting to where I am today.(Dad, husband,we live in our own house, and I can provide for us and help the kids if and when they need it)

That's huge! Someone ought to give you a diploma in how to raise a family, Michel, and provide for them.

By the age of 40, I was already a wreck!

I just knew we had more in common than met the eye! By 40, I was sick of relationships. Of course, then I met my Acme Latex Love Doll. The rest has been bliss.

Might it be reasonably suggested, Michel, that your large toe is significantly less cute than your nose?

Am I correct in my impression that you are overly fond of rolling turnips down your lane during busy traffic times of day? Bowling for buggies, as it were?

Without revealing his or her ranking, please name two of your top five favorite RF posters?

Why are each of them among your top five?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
JamesThePersian said:
Yes, plenty. Is there any sound reson to suppose I am a genius?

It's an easy impression to get from reading some of your posts. I'm also under the impression that you are impecably honest, which is so rare these days as to be praiseworthy in itself.

Thanks. She's a little bigger now (five and a half months) but she actually must be pretty (you doubt your objectivity when you're the parent). I had a complete stranger walk up to me when shopping the other day and say exactly the same thing!

Did you have any accurate idea of how much work she'd be before you had her? (She's your first, right?)

If Blair called during suppertime, would take the call or simply leave him hanging?

Which religion would you adopt, if any, if Christianity wasn't an option?

How many times must a man walk alone before he trips?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Boredom would be a shallow excuse for failing to find the vital answer to this pressing question, don't you agree? Well I'm up to 134 now... can I stop?

And what's wrong with an American waiting until he has achieved the age of reason for an American? There's an age of Reason for Americans? You lie!!! I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull a Jayhawker and ask for Empirical proof ;)

Are there talk show hosts in NZ? No, and that is why NZers are the smartest people on the planet. :D It's actually a question on the immigration questionaire/interrogation procedure... that and the "S&M torture".

If so, are they among the dumbest members of society that can still hold a job as they are here? Well, our dumbest members of society become politicians... based on your current presidency I wonder if it's not the same there.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Sunstone said:
It's an easy impression to get from reading some of your posts. I'm also under the impression that you are impecably honest, which is so rare these days as to be praiseworthy in itself.
Well I certainly hope that I give the impression of being honest. I certainly strive to be. I also, unfortunately I fail often at this, strive to be humble, which makes the impression you have of me as a 'genius' a little worrysome, as I most certainly am not. I must make a bigger effort to be less articulate!

Did you have any accurate idea of how much work she'd be before you had her? (She's your first, right?)
No. She has an older brother, William. I did, therefore, have an idea, but it wasn't accurate. William was acomplete nightmare at that age but thankfully she isn't. I swear William was given to us as a test. I just hope that Sabina's goodness was the reward for passing that test! William's still a cheeky little monkey and can be exasperating at times, but I still wouldn't change a thing about him (though I certainly wouldn't have said that three years back).

If Blair called during suppertime, would take the call or simply leave him hanging?
Now this is a difficult question. My first reaction was, leave him hanging, but I think maybe I'd prefer to give the insincere, slimy git a piece of mind instead. I guess it would depend on my mood and the food (if it was a strict fast day he wouldn't stand a chance).

Which religion would you adopt, if any, if Christianity wasn't an option?
I'd have to say that if Orthodox Christianity (and I really do mean to be that specific as I couldn't be in a different church) wasn't an option, I'd go back to Karma Kagyu Buddhism. I was pretty happy practicing that though something always seemed to be missing - better something missing than everything, though.

How many times must a man walk alone before he trips?
Very few. Without the help and support of others (not least of which is constructive criticism) I've noted that many people seem to fall without realising...and it's hard to pick yourself up if you don't realise you're on the floor.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.