• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 'direction' of the future.

To each their own, they say...

Fashion faux-pas: D&G apologises for 'racist comments'

The duo behind Italian designer brand Dolce & Gabbana have apologised to Chinese people to try to stall a backlash against the label after a social media campaign soured and leaked comments were deemed racist.

In a video released yesterday, Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana expressed their love and respect for Chinese culture.

"Our families have always taught us to respect the various cultures of the world. We want to apologise if we have made mistakes in interpreting your culture," said Mr Dolce. "We have always loved China; we have visited many cities, and we still have much to learn."

Mr Gabbana added: "We offer our sincerest apologies to Chinese people worldwide."

The video, which ended with Mr Dolce and Mr Gabbana saying, "Apologies," in Mandarin, is the second apology issued in recent days after the brand came under fire this week.

It was criticised for three videos in an online ad campaign, featuring a Chinese model in D&G's latest designs struggling to eat Italian dishes - pizza, cannoli and spaghetti - with a pair of chopsticks. Critics said it stereotyped Chinese culture and women.

Then, leaked comments online appeared to show Mr Gabbana describing China as a "country of s***".

The brand said Mr Gabbana's individual social media accounts, and D&G's official ones, had been hacked, leading to the release of unauthorised comments.

D&G removed the videos on its Chinese social media account, but they remained on its Instagram site.

The backlash led D&G to cancel a fashion show in Shanghai next Wednesday. Retailers in China have pulled the brand's products from their shelves and websites.

Some Chinese celebrities and brand ambassadors axed their contracts with D&G. Protesters were also spotted at the brand's flagship shop in Milan.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/fashion-fauxpas-dg-apologises-for-racist-comments-37560852.html

For Europe, or maybe better yet, for the Fashion Countries which support D&G through this all, they could possibly be heading in a direction for their future which China and the others which might support China might be leery about.

'Shame', the President of France might say. 'Shame.. utter shame'...

They came in their tens of thousands, for a second weekend running, demanding change and demonstrating against escalating costs of living and rising inequalities.

"We just want our government to listen to us," said Laetitia Dewalle, an organiser of the "yellow vest" protests which brought cities across France to a standstill on Saturday.

Macron attacks 'shameful' protesters after Paris riots - Independent.ie

Yes, Mr. Macron. I'm not too hardened to admit that I feel ashamed for needing to get to this level for not having my concerns heard. Please, Mr. Macron, hear the cries of the French people.

Last edited:

Mine immaculate dream
made of breath and skin
I've been waiting for you
Signed with a home made tattoo
happy birthday to you was created for you.

---

pretty dark, don't you think?

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
I'm no expert but have the French ever had a government they were happy with and didn't hit the streets protesting? I can't remember one.

I'm no expert but have the French ever had a government they were happy with and didn't hit the streets protesting? I can't remember one.

maybe in the times of Napolean? But maybe when they 'hit' the streets it was all for the same kind of 'common cause'. What could that have been? To protest against Government Authority?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
They could always do an ad with some white European eating egg drop soup with a fork to even things out-would that help?

joe1776

That's a good question. The follow-up is: "Have they ever had a government they should have been happy with?"

Altfish

Veteran Member
That's a good question. The follow-up is: "Have they ever had a government they should have been happy with?"
But, I think that ever since the Bastille was stormed in the late 18th century, street protests and riots have become a national pastime.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
b377a24ae0a2552b2d174abf9f3c7898.gif

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Me, I admire their eagerness to question authority and raise a stink when they perceive administrative shenanigans. ;)