• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The death of the human ego?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hope you is all well & enjoying your time with us here at the forum!

I was just cruisin around cyberspace and found this article - I may have mentioned this site previously -

Here's a little taste to whet your apetite

Since the ego defines us in opposition to the world around us, when we live according to the ego, we perceive ourselves as separate, individual entities. For this reason, the ego rejects and locks away what it deems ‘wrong,’ ‘bad,’ or ‘unacceptable.’

By the same token, it distances us both from others and specific aspects of our self. As a result, this repression of what is ‘wrong’ within ourselves fuels what is called the ‘Shadow Self,’ the sum of the parts of us that don’t see the light of day.

Then the article has a few more signs/observations - including the fact that this shift can be a terrifying experience so be warned!

What Is Ego Death and 5 Signs That This Is Happening to You

Enjoy your day!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The ego is a hydra-headed beast and can fasten itself to anything including that it's dying better than other people. Or that it's worse at dying than others. When I observe it in action, I can see moment by moment how it clings to life including for me right now a subtle sense of pride that I'm watching it in operation.