• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The dean of Orthodoxy

jewscout

Religious Zionist
The dean of Orthodoxy
Richard Joel has a vision.If Joel could have his way, the campus Hillel centers he was instrumental in cultivating for 15 years as international director of their parent organization, would be emptied of nearly all their Orthodox students.

There would be a mass exodus of Orthodox Jews from places like Columbia, the University of Pennsylvania, Brandeis and Princeton, and they would follow Joel to a new promised land: Yeshiva University, where Joel is now president.
"I built the competition for 15 years," Joel said, "but I always told parents: If you're a modern Orthodox Jew, the first question is, 'Is YU a fit for my child?'"

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1114568597253